Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Death Grip really is a double-edged sword...on the one hand, it has huge potential if used correctly, whether it be when DPSing, tanking or PvPing. On the flip side, it can also be the most annoying and inconvenient ability ever created for other players.

Not too long ago, I happened to be tanking a VP heroic run with guild. We had one pug spot, which happened to be another DK. We get to the cat people trash, the groups with the healers and so forth. So I mark a CC target on the healer, pull the melee mobs, then grip the caster into my Death and Decay. IMMEDIATELY after it lands, said caster suddenly whizzes past my face and lands out of the DnD, with the pug DK beating on it. Moments like that happen FAR too often for my liking and it really makes me realize why people wonder about the collective intelligence of the Death Knight community : /
    Last edited by mmoc58d4f0cd59; 2011-03-15 at 03:48 AM. Reason: Spelling is hard, m'kay...

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doriath View Post
    I dont know how many times i charged or intercepted a player and a DK grips them away.
    Not sure about warriors, but I can't DG target with pally stun.

But I don't pvp that much anymore, so things might been changed abit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finland, the night is dark and full of terrors.
    Dont find it that annoying
    (<- plays a dk)

10+ Year Old Account
    I only use DG when I run out of slows or just cannot keep up with my enemy...or if im feeling nice i'll save my buddy from a warrior using bladestorm :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Be lucky that the dk doesn't DG the efc towards their home base.

I used to play my DK purely to DG targets that other DK's DG'ed.
    I would be running around with my warrior friend in a BG, we would be pounding on the target, and BAM DK deathgrips, well I would just DG it back, boy did I get abused. It was funny watching these noobs get a taste of their own medicine.
    As a hunter it is alot more useful, except when they DG them out of my range

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    Be lucky that the dk doesn't DG the efc towards their home base.
    I've actually seen that happen too, when PvPing on my alt...needless to say, rage ensued in BG chat.

OT - Your signature is amazing <3

If I don't use it, then how will it be off cd when I need it =(

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
    Bug, If it happened. You can't DG while falling. I do enjoy standing at the very edge and DGing people as the ride up on their mounts to see if they will actually run off the cliff on their own accord.
    You just blew my mind. (Gets in EOTS que)

Quote Originally Posted by Seryrn View Post
    OT - Your signature is amazing <3
    Ty........I stole it

I've had DK's trying to steal my KB's on my paladin alt by DG'ing them away. Usually they're really low anyway so I just finish with a Lol-HoW. Pulling a player out of melee range of someone with a ranged execute, game over.

Quote Originally Posted by Comby View Post
    sum1 takes bg's seriously? I lolled
    Because someone that does it in PvP isn't likely to do the same in PvE too right? I've had DK's that seem to have Deathgrip in their rotation for some reason, usually Unholy DK's too.

DG is for stealing KB's and pulling healers into Blade Storm. Oh, and pulling people out of raid portals when they re-spawn after wiping.
    Discipline is a vehicle for joy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ithrowmagicz View Post
    What happens when 2 DKs DG the same target, while a priest LG him at the same time?
    Watch one of the near final scenes in "The Hitchhiker" with Sean bean (the truck bit) and you will see what happebns.

Quote Originally Posted by Ithrowmagicz View Post
    What happens when 2 DKs DG the same target, while a priest LG him at the same time?

Not sure about on another player, but me and the MT in my Guild used to Double Death Grip on those Geists outside of Festergut's room, and it would Launch them straight to the ceiling. lol (Though that may have been because of the "Leap" mechanics Geists inherently have)

You should read the DK manual. It clearly states that anything within DG range that is near death should be gripped to steal the HK. Make sure to read the fine print.

The very best is when a DK DG's you when they have like 12% health. Ok, make it easier for me to kill you.

I loooove seeing button-mashing DKs in PvP. The ones that'll Death Grip me when I've already been in melee range attacking them are free HKs. But yeah, it's really annoying. I've been trying to gear my DK recently and I've noticed a lot of them like to DG to steal the KB. Funny seeing them rage when I pull it back.
    « DOr shar'adore da shando! » ♥

« Vladka | Ryska | Radka »

Deleted
    F*kin KSers.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no such thing as a needless death grip. Little known fact, no cataclysm boss can die if you have a DK and they don't death grip at least once.