Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    i....i..... this is like sex with my mind!
    its so beautifully well done, so perfect, so...so... so awe inspiring im crying
    thank you, this would be insanely awesome if blizzard would adopt such a suggestion.

Deleted
    ^ best reply I've gotten <3

Quote Originally Posted by Elthalas View Post
    mount look awesome but what would be the alliance counterpart?
    I hope you like spider-people! ;P

You know, Shamans could fit very easily here. If people could be mutated by demonic energies than isn't it possible that Elemental spirits could have been affected the same way? Fel Orcs have shamans, and they've been screwed with by demonic energy. It's also possible that some elementals werent mutated, but were simply already chaotic in nature, so much so that they felt comfortable lending their power to the Defiant. Or another route: Have the elemental power they use be derived from another source, elementals formerly imprisoned underground, released by the defiant. There's plenty of options here.

Deleted

Voilà, shamans are up!

Last edited by mmocfcdfd48e5e; 2011-03-18 at 11:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to entierly shoot down your idea, but that's exactly what I'm going to do.
    The race would be tied to the Demon Hunter class. Every race so far has had some sort of lore background in World of Warcraft. We're far more likely to see Murlocs playable before we see the introduction of a completely new playable race. The only 'half-demons' we've seen are Demon Hunters. They'd likely be implemented as a hero class, but for the most part, there were few Demon Hunters other than Night Elves and the occasional Blood Elf. Recall the last time you fought any character with a model similar to Illidan. Now let's take a second to think of the number of High Elves you see walking around. The last time I saw anything like Illidan was back in BC, while the last time I saw a High Elf was the last time I played. (Look around Stormwind?)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hethalion View Post
    Was actually thinking about giving away a nerubian race to the Alliance and keep the Defiant for the Horde...
    Neurbians for the Alliance? Heresy!

Still, if the cultural stuff's as interesting as the Defiant's is, I'll be looking forwards to it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    Not to entierly shoot down your idea, but that's exactly what I'm going to do.
    The race would be tied to the Demon Hunter class. Every race so far has had some sort of lore background in World of Warcraft. We're far more likely to see Murlocs playable before we see the introduction of a completely new playable race. The only 'half-demons' we've seen are Demon Hunters. They'd likely be implemented as a hero class, but for the most part, there were few Demon Hunters other than Night Elves and the occasional Blood Elf. Recall the last time you fought any character with a model similar to Illidan. Now let's take a second to think of the number of High Elves you see walking around. The last time I saw anything like Illidan was back in BC, while the last time I saw a High Elf was the last time I played. (Look around Stormwind?)
    I don't recall seeing any lore behind Draenei in Warcraft before they were first introduced in the TBC preview. And a demon hunter as a class is as likely to be implemented as blood mages, in my honest opinion. You didn't shoot down anything, so don't worry. I don't understand why you drag High Elves into this nor the physics of Illidan, knowing that this race looks pretty different in many ways. It only points that you didn't read anything more than 40% just like half the people here.[COLOR="red"]

---------- Post added 2011-03-18 at 12:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Neurbians for the Alliance? Heresy!

Still, if the cultural stuff's as interesting as the Defiant's is, I'll be looking forwards to it.
    Well, I haven't read about Nerubian behaviour or culture yet... If they are too "evil" for the many paladins, they will have emo pandas or something else.
    Last edited by mmocfcdfd48e5e; 2011-03-18 at 11:27 AM.

Perfect idea.
    Demon Hunter class will full this

Deleted
    I like the idea a lot, but knowing blizzard I don't think they will ever include something as big as a race or a raid based on something the community came up with.

Quote Originally Posted by xBloodchargedx View Post
    If that's so, WoW doesn't own the name "Azeroth" then.
    Except that Defiant is a word in the English dictionary and Azeroth isn't nub.

Defiant was also the name of a ship in Star Wars before Rift existed.

Notice how silly your statement is yet?

Unlike most new class suggestions, you've really put some work and thought into this. Well done!
    As I'm in no way lore-knowledgable, I will refrain from commenting on that. But I do like the females...

I like the fact you went into so much detail and it ooks great. That being said, while reading this it seems like this has already been done before.

1) Followers of an End Expansion Boss
    2) Break away from the majority of their original faction
    3) Have a phased leveling experience in an exisisting zone

You see where I'm going with this. Also, it much more likely Blizz will want a Ranged class with mail/leather for balance. Not an attack, love the post, it just seems like its been done before.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thecoldhardtruth View Post
    I like the fact you went into so much detail and it ooks great. That being said, while reading this it seems like this has already been done before.

1) Followers of an End Expansion Boss
    2) Break away from the majority of their original faction
    3) Have a phased leveling experience in an exisisting zone

You see where I'm going with this. Also, it much more likely Blizz will want a Ranged class with mail/leather for balance. Not an attack, love the post, it just seems like its been done before.
    1) From the three current WoW expansions released this far none has followed directly the end boss.
    2) They are not the minority of anything. They are all that remains of Illidan's forces from Black Temple
    3) There is no phasing leveling like death knight's or Goblin's. The only phased stuff are memories that you enter from time to time.

this is one of the most well thought out and presented posts i've ever see on the internet about anything ever

seriously, i love it

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    On topic: How about making this race dual-faction. You choose which faction you want your demon hunter to be a part of on character creation screen... and there are two different starter zones for these, perhaps in Outlands. Phased Black Temple training grounds anyone?
    This. pure genius!

10+ Year Old Account
    Defiant huh? If I might make a suggestion, their major city should look like this:

You really need to go outside....wow

Deleted
    this is really different concept i admit. lost hope in warcraft's future lore when the blue aliens crashed in an never-seen-before-but-close-enough-to-see island. this is what the game needs to feel interesting and exiting once again! i love you! /NERDGASM

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Defiant huh? If I might make a suggestion, their major city should look like this:
    lamegame.jpg
    so u dont like the idea bcus of he uses the name "defiant"? sad. thought defiant was a ship in starwars/startrek.

/jawdrop

First time I ever read one of those threads. You put some serious thoughts into this.

I didn't read the whole lore part, but I like the abilities and leveling areas and stuff.

Good work.

Quote Originally Posted by Elguappo View Post
    You really need to go outside....wow
    And you browsing forums about a video game and trolling is any better. As Steve Jobs once said, "Do you create anything, or just criticize others work and belittle their motivations?".

Meh, my words are wasted. Looking at your posts on this forum you seem to hate the world. Enjoy your life filled of negativity and contempt.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/search.p...rchid=26353987
    Last edited by Kwickslash; 2011-03-18 at 02:57 PM. Reason: direct quote