invented flying cars
    stopped wars
    stopped aids
    stopped world hunger
    and stuff

true story
    banned 5 times and still counting

Quote Originally Posted by Norsken View Post
    It has achieved 5.93 millon years many of us else would be quite bored.
    What did we all do before WOW, huh the mind boggles

OT - I probably have contributed more play time then most

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zomglol View Post
    you know..
    if we hadn't been playing wow we could have :
    Cured cancer
    invented flying cars
    stopped wars
    stopped aids
    stopped world hunger
    and stuff

true story
    i highly doubt the people who play this game give a darn about that stuff meaning.... lol at you sir

OT: i think my dads played 250 days on his main

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Millennía View Post
    Well that is human evolution well spent! ^^ but really, 5.93 million hours O.o
    YEARS. Lmfao.

10+ Year Old Account
    As above, 5.93 million years.

Let's go for six!
    Hi

Deleted
    Years, dear friend YEARS!
    Just think what could each person have done instead of playing - write book, invent new stuff, do researches...
    Although I'm happy that I play

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cool, I'm above the average "extreme gamer".

Glad to know I'm quite a bit below the average gamer. Wait... never mind, the rest of the time I spend on this site instead. FML.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Bloodsail Admiral dicertification's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow. My alt is at the avg. time played. Not gonna mention my main. There is a lot of AFK time in there though. In vanilla I wouldn't log off for a week at a time. Gotta love programmable keys

Off topic. I'm always scared to make posts when I see someone with over 6k posts with banned over the avatar. Wonder what people who've been on the boards so long do to get the banhammer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just to attempt to put this "big" figure into perspective for people:
    The Earth's approximate population: 6.91 Billion
    Average hours of sleep per day per person: 7 hours
    Average hours slept per day for the entire world: 48.37 Billion hours
    Number of days that is: 2.016 billion days
    Number of years:5.521 million years

Every day, the human population wastes 5.521 million years of productivity by sleeping. That's every day. The total playtime of World of Warcraft in 6 years is the equivalent of one night of the entire world sleeping...

Quote Originally Posted by dicertification View Post
    Wow. My alt is at the avg. time played. Not gonna mention my main. There is a lot of AFK time in there though. In vanilla I wouldn't log off for a week at a time. Gotta love programmable keys
    Programmable keys that move you often enough to keep you from logging out? if so, isn't that considered botting?

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Just to attempt to put this "big" figure into perspective for people:
    The Earth's approximate population: 6.91 Billion
    Average hours of sleep per day per person: 7 hours
    Average hours slept per day for the entire world: 48.37 Billion hours
    Number of days that is: 2.016 billion days
    Number of years:5.521 million years

Every day, the human population wastes 5.521 million years of productivity by sleeping. That's every day. The total playtime of World of Warcraft in 6 years is the equivalent of one night of the entire world sleeping...
    While this is true, you only have had up to 12 million players playing WoW, compared to 6 Billion people world wide..which really isnt even close. So while its true its really not a fair comparison

Quote Originally Posted by Fazdran View Post
    Unreliable number because they averaged.
    Serious? Take statistics and you'll see that 90% of the people fall within 2 standard deviations of this average.

Quote Originally Posted by Gharld View Post
    While this is true, you only have had up to 12 million players playing WoW, compared to 6 Billion people world wide..which really isnt even close. So while its true its really not a fair comparison
    i just think he is trying to say that if you use high numbers you will get ridiculous high numbers when you start multiplying them, it is quite a lot of playtime on the average player, but so is watching tv from the average person.

you know..
    Cured cancer
    invented flying cars
    stopped wars
    stopped aids
    stopped world hunger
    and stuff

true story
    - New diseases would arise due to overpopulation. The world tends to harmonize and produce equilibrium (though it might fail like Blizzard's ability to balance classes)

- Done... They're just not in mainstream use yet, and no I'm not talking about Doc. Brown's Delorean.

- According to many scholars, all out national "wars" have been abandoned due to the creation of nuclear arms (and the threat of global annihilation). Smaller conflicts are now what arises in areas of unrest and strife. Even so, without war there are less deaths thus adding to the world population. More population means less resourses, and in turn fighting over those resources... Vicious cycle.

- Similar to the Cancer thing

- Lots of food production there. Good luck finding the resources to produce and distribute that amount of food.

- Stuff??? Please explain.

True story
    Last edited by Sjenka; 2011-03-16 at 04:48 PM.

I had to stop playing wow because my pc broke down lol

but the 5 years i played wow while i was unemployed was the best years of my life i had so many laughs and giggles

Now im employed and earning MONIEZ to buy a gaming PC and spend the remaining years of my life playing wow and future MMO'S

I LOVE GAMES!!

15+ Year Old Account
    you know..
    Cured cancer
    invented flying cars
    stopped wars
    stopped aids
    stopped world hunger
    and stuff

true story
    Cure cancer- Doubtful at best. We have a number of treatments for cancer currently. Those treatments being outrageously expensive. I know I am not alone in thinking that there has been real progress or even success to finding a cure for cancer, it is just being suppressed by the pharmaceutical companies and the power in the medical community because it would wreck their profit margins. /tinfoilhat

Flying cars- Exist to an extent, but are completely impractical in our current infrastructure. There is a highly significant portion of our population in the US that can barely drive a regular vehicle, let alone a flying one.

Stopped wars- Show me one significant war in the last thirty years. Significant on a global or even a high causality scale. Don't say Iraq/Afghanistan because the total casualties in those wars are about a single day of WW2.

Stopped aids- See cancer response. Well, not exactly the same. I do think there is a cure to aids, it just isn't profitable to distribute it widely as most people with aids are poor (read as nearly all of Africa). There are exceptions obviously like Freddie Mercury. Magic Johnson is still alive an appears to be completely symptom free. Aids doesn't just disappear...

World Hunger- We can't stop world hunger. It is simply impossible. The real solution to world hunger isn't to grow more food, it is to stop having 12 kids per family. Well that isn't totally fair as that is really only an issue in the US. Other parts of the world can't grow enough food to support having 0 children (again read as nearly all of Africa). The way to control hunger is to stop caring about those parts of the world. Stop dumping billions and billions of tons of foods onto those countries every year to support their disease ridden, tyranny controlled populations. That isn't going to happen though so the other option is to cut down rain forests to make room for more crops to donate to people who die at the average age of 28 because they all have malaria or aids.

Bloodsail Admiral dicertification's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adril View Post
    Programmable keys that move you often enough to keep you from logging out? if so, isn't that considered botting?
    Yes that would be considered botting. I stopped using them early BC when I was clued in that it is considered against TOS

Lol if all we gamers would spend this time on something usefull like charity work the world would be a better place.....

---------- Post added 2011-03-16 at 10:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Cure cancer- Doubtful at best. We have a number of treatments for cancer currently. Those treatments being outrageously expensive. I know I am not alone in thinking that there has been real progress or even success to finding a cure for cancer, it is just being suppressed by the pharmaceutical companies and the power in the medical community because it would wreck their profit margins. /tinfoilhat

Flying cars- Exist to an extent, but are completely impractical in our current infrastructure. There is a highly significant portion of our population in the US that can barely drive a regular vehicle, let alone a flying one.

Stopped wars- Show me one significant war in the last thirty years. Significant on a global or even a high causality scale. Don't say Iraq/Afghanistan because the total casualties in those wars are about a single day of WW2.

Stopped aids- See cancer response. Well, not exactly the same. I do think there is a cure to aids, it just isn't profitable to distribute it widely as most people with aids are poor (read as nearly all of Africa). There are exceptions obviously like Freddie Mercury. Magic Johnson is still alive an appears to be completely symptom free. Aids doesn't just disappear...

World Hunger- We can't stop world hunger. It is simply impossible. The real solution to world hunger isn't to grow more food, it is to stop having 12 kids per family. Well that isn't totally fair as that is really only an issue in the US. Other parts of the world can't grow enough food to support having 0 children (again read as nearly all of Africa). The way to control hunger is to stop caring about those parts of the world. Stop dumping billions and billions of tons of foods onto those countries every year to support their disease ridden, tyranny controlled populations. That isn't going to happen though so the other option is to cut down rain forests to make room for more crops to donate to people who die at the average age of 28 because they all have malaria or aids.
    Well theres been the rwandan massacre... like 1million ppl died. And the amoutn of ppl that died in africa in the last 30 years of unrest im shure is in the twenty+millions. And about americans having alot of kids..... amreicas average number of children/grownup is 2.1 so americas population is only growing slightly..... the big problem is india etc. and saying we cant do anythign about the food crisis is dumb imo. Every year millions of tons of grain is burned in europe... its stupid.+ there are hundreds of new possibilities for growing food... Saying we cant serve so mayn ppl is like when einsteins phisycs teacher tolled him hes a no gooder....

10+ Year Old Account
    I love it Lets keep playing more!

P.S. Gaming makes us smarter.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-