10+ Year Old Account
    I'm nicked that The Hound (Sandor) didn't tell the little bird (Sansa) the story of how he got the burns. San/San scenes are too great to pass up. But meh. Screen must work differently in able to work.

And damn an hour goes by fast!

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    I'm nicked that The Hound (Sandor) didn't tell the little bird (Sansa) the story of how he got the burns. San/San scenes are too great to pass up. But meh. Screen must work differently in able to work.

And damn an hour goes by fast!
    Yeah I was a bit disappointed there too. The hound telling the story made it much more personal.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sean Bean sells anything and everything.

He was in Silent Hill for a total of 8 minutes and made the film amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree. The Hound should have been the one to tell the story, but I suppose they needed to compress some stuff for time.

It was nice to see Ghost finally. But I thought him bigger than that by now.

Hodor! Samwell! /cheer

Kind of bummed out that they didn't show a lot of the jousting tournament. I guess there is still time in the next episode. Was such a great introduction to all of the characters you see throughout the books and could have added some much needed action to this episode.

Deleted
    This show just keeps getting better and better. Episode 4 was fantastic, loved seeing Daenerys put that scumbag little pervert in his place. Plus Sansa was looking fit.

I hate Catelyn so much in the books, and this actor makes me hate her more. But I am loving the series so far.

**SPOILERS**
    Can't wait to see Gregor and The Red Viper. And when Viserys gets crowned. xD

Deleted
    *SPOILERS..*

Can anyone tell me what the mad king did so everyone calls him mad?.. Did he burn someone?

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerpoker View Post
    *SPOILERS..*

Can anyone tell me what the mad king did so everyone calls him mad?.. Did he burn someone?
    **SPOILERS**
    Aerys was obsessed with fire, more specifically 'wildfire' (a magical, extremely flammable substance). He burned a lot of his enemies to death, but I'd imagine that the biggest contributer was because when the rebels (Robert and so forth) were on the march and winning battles, coming to dethrone Aerys, he ordered his pyromancers to surround King's Landing with pyre's of wildfire, planning to burn the city down and everyone it, rather then surrender. But before that could be carried out, Jaime (as you know), betrayed him killing both him and the messenger.

/nerdiness

Deleted
    Thanks alot.. somethings are confusing when you havent read the books

Yeah, it would be impossible to fit all of the stories and back-stories that Martin wrote into a show unless it went forever.
    But if you're into reading, do yourself a favor and read them. They're absolutely incredible. So engaging.

Deleted
    Im going to read them.. I just cant decide if im going to do it after the series end, or while its still going..

I agree, I loved flying through them back to back, makes me want to /choke GRRM for not having another ready for me for a looong time. On that note any ides when he is releasing another?

Deleted
    july 12th this year in UK and US

Quote Originally Posted by hephij View Post
    july 12th this year in UK and US
    omg if you're right I think I love you

Yet another fantastic episode, great scenes. Loved the tourney, love arya, the moment ned realizes who gendry is, the scene at the crossroads inn, when you see cat stand up and start naming the houses, knowing what was comming next. Seriously, i was a fan of HBO before now with band of brothers and generation kill, this puts them up to epic status. It's done so fantastically well i only wish more programmers/movie makers took such great care when it came to such transitions.

Sam was fantastic, i thought the character was dead on and he even seemed to appear fatter than i thought he could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    Ehhh....

While the books are the best i have ever, or will ever read, this series looks weak at best. Not only am i completely sceptical of any TV or film remake of any book, i was willing to give this one a shot since the author himself, who was involved in similar things before writing his books, is deeply involved in the making of the series.

Looks pretty weak. Most of the casting choices seem a bit off. Just in that trailer, i see myself taking Robert Baratheon way too seriously - your not meant to. Jon Snow does not look like Jon Snow, and many of the other choices seem off. I do like the casting for Littlefinger though. Also, while Tyrion doesn't look like i imagine him, i still think they made a good choice. Although to be fair, said choice was probably pretty small, due to the conspicuous lack of talented dwarven actors these days.
    It received good grades on imdb

Deleted
    Anyone else just love the intro music?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerpoker View Post
    Anyone else just love the intro music?
    yea, the cello (i think) is incredible. plus the whole gear construct of the world, thats really cool.

On Topic
    I really liked this past episode. We got to see Ghost for the first time, and we got to see Hodir or whatever he is called. I honestly don't believe that Tyrrion conspired to kill Bran. i don't think he would support his brother having sex with his sister. Also, it was really nice that Ned's son who is part of the Nights Watch (forget his name) found a friend with the fat guy. i think He is gonna train the fat guy to become a really good swordsman in the end. that would be badass if fatty came back and beat the shit outta the bullies