Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Most basic Pokemon are really weak this gen (try getting a Golurk, Volcarona, Braviary, Chandelure, Hydreigon without going crazy from using 128719283719837912731892 revives). Once they evolve though...look out.

Also, need to stop leveling on Audino then, off to farm the post game E4.
    BfA Beta Time

I have the lvl 70 volcarona but it's lvl 80 now, and I traded the egg one to a friend. I'm really regretting not getting white version, Zekrom would be better than Reshiram since I have Emboar and white forest is definitely better than black city. I'll probably end up buying both :/.
    My sig was stolen, if you find it please contact me. Thanks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Did you catch the version specific bird Pokemon after the last gym? Think Black gets a Dark/Flying type Vulture, which is arguably better typing than the Normal/Flying Braviary (though Braviary is still the tits in terms of Flying types).
    BfA Beta Time

I got this the day it came out, haven't played it since 4 days after I got it.
    Team:
    73 volcarona: fly, flamethrower, quiver dance, bug buzz (92 attack/123 defense/207 Sp.atk/179 Sp.def/176 speed)
    74 chandelure: flamethrower, shadow ball, psychic, energy ball (106 attack/163 defense/ 237 Sp.atk/165 Sp.def/148 speed)
    76 salamence: crunch, dragon claw, zen headbutt, brick break (309 attack/198 defense/ 243 Sp.atk/178 Sp.def/228 speed)
    80 Haxorus: dragon claw, aerial ace, dragon dance, earthquake (331 attack/164 defense/118 Sp.atk/134 Sp.def/188 speed)
    84 Hydreigon: crunch, surf, dragon pulse, flamethrower (209 attack/149 defense/250 Sp.atk/173 Sp.def/207 speed)
    90 Excadrill: rock slide, earthquake, swords dance, brick break (301 attack/ 135 defense/ 128 Sp.atk/133 Sp.def/226 speed)

The Black vulture is bad. It's typing may be good, but its stat distribution is terrible (high def and spec def with low everything else) with its move set. It is basically a bad wall. Braviary is by far the better pokemon. Sheer Force + life orb + crush claw = lots of very dead things. Mine has Brave Bird, Crush Claw, Thrash and Fly, combined with my Eelektross, they rule double battles.
    It's not just me, it's ALL rets. Join the ret MS club, get bitches, get money, get nerfed.
    It takes idiots to do cool things. That's why they're cool.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by t3hj0j0 View Post
    The Black vulture is bad. It's typing may be good, but its stat distribution is terrible (high def and spec def with low everything else) with its move set. It is basically a bad wall. Braviary is by far the better pokemon. Sheer Force + life orb + crush claw = lots of very dead things. Mine has Brave Bird, Crush Claw, Thrash and Fly, combined with my Eelektross, they rule double battles.
    Wouldn't Sky Drop make the better 2v2, 3v3, and Rotational Battle move?

Oh yeah...an Electric/Water mix with Levitate can go fuck itself.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Did you catch the version specific bird Pokemon after the last gym? Think Black gets a Dark/Flying type Vulture, which is arguably better typing than the Normal/Flying Braviary (though Braviary is still the tits in terms of Flying types).
    It's sitting in my PC, it's a terrible excuse of a wall.

Sky Drop is illegal, because if the pokemon using sky drop dies in the air, the other pokemon is never dropped. Before that ruling though, it was Sky Drop and not Fly :P. And Eelektross is only electric, not water (I'm almost positive).
    It's not just me, it's ALL rets. Join the ret MS club, get bitches, get money, get nerfed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sky Drop is illegal, because if the pokemon using sky drop dies in the air, the other pokemon is never dropped. Before that ruling though, it was Sky Drop and not Fly :P. And Eelektross is only electric, not water (I'm almost positive).
    Ha, didn't know that about Sky Drop, but that's kind of funny. You're also right about Eelektross, guess I was thinking of Azumarril.

Still, an Electric type with Levitate is slightly powerful.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Ha, didn't know that about Sky Drop, but that's kind of funny. You're also right about Eelektross, guess I was thinking of Azumarril.

Still, an Electric type with Levitate is slightly powerful.
    I think you mean Lanturn or whatever the evolved Chinchou is.

---------- Post added 2011-04-02 at 05:30 PM ----------

Damnit, just lost to elite four when I had a Volcarona with substitute + 6 quiver dances because I accidentally switched in my zweilous I was leveling >.<

You still lost to the elite four? I beat em with an (over leveled, I admit that) 80 emboar, 65 chandelure, 66 gigalith, 51 Zekrom (something to survive while I revive stuff), 63 braviary, and 66 Haxorous. Heck, I only used emboar for the dark trainer and the conkeldurr (and the champ, but he's one of the easiest trainers in game). A little STAB, even without it being super effective, makes the E4 in this game quite easy. I really haven't fought a hard elite four since the red/blue group, just because it was so many trainers, and I was so young (and Gary was hard as SHIT).

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Nak@ Would you say Seismitoad is the best water type in white? Im thinking either that fish with no evoulutions, the monkey trio water type or yours.

Kinda just thinking about getting some cool pokemons for storage
    So far imo that Seismitoad is the best and it's part ground so electric doesnt really effect it. Real good defense too. I would get it.

You still lost to the elite four? I beat em with an (over leveled, I admit that) 80 emboar, 65 chandelure, 66 gigalith, 51 Zekrom (something to survive while I revive stuff), 63 braviary, and 66 Haxorous. Heck, I only used emboar for the dark trainer and the conkeldurr (and the champ, but he's one of the easiest trainers in game). A little STAB, even without it being super effective, makes the E4 in this game quite easy. I really haven't fought a hard elite four since the red/blue group, just because it was so many trainers, and I was so young (and Gary was hard as SHIT).

Yea.. the 1st time maybe when you were young^^, but imo the more you play this game (W/B) the more you find out 1st gen was piss easy. Last time I played yellow I beated E4 with no pokemon over 47 I belive it was.

W/B aint all easy the first play trough I guess.

Edit: The Hydreigon the last guy has thats envolved 10 levels to early I hated atleast. Sweeped my team cause Im going with 3 dragons :P So had to level myself a Hydreigon. Easy enough trough with killing the new chansey?, (name?) rare pokemon running outside the grass line fourth and back so it pops. Very fast XP, just outside 1st part of victory road. Lucky egg owns to (Lucky egg boosted by XP share I guess to)
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2011-04-03 at 09:46 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm using Serperior, Archeops, Eelektrik, Darmanitan, Seisemetoad and Escavalier currently, people have mentioned that Excadril is very good, which it is, but Escavalier has Equal Attack with it, along with Metagross for highest Attack for all steel types, and it has a huge amount of def/special def as well, so it's not as squishy as Excadril, only weakness escavalier has is fire, it's resistant to as much or more then Excadril does. was thinking of dropping Darmanitan for Lavesta later when i can find it or Volcarona, which ever comes first
    Unfortunately, until the people at Blizzard take time to quit explaining why they are right and anyone who disagrees is wrong, they are not going to even hear everyone speaking out desperately trying to warn them the ship is sinking.
    the problems driving players from WoW aren't content or the age of the game, the problem is how the game experience and design philosophy are being undermined by Blizzard's hubris and greed.

new pokemon are all so ugly and retarded.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tilatequila View Post
    new pokemon are all so ugly and retarded.
    nah actually this gen doesn't really have more then the normal amount of stupid or shit looking pokemon
    Unfortunately, until the people at Blizzard take time to quit explaining why they are right and anyone who disagrees is wrong, they are not going to even hear everyone speaking out desperately trying to warn them the ship is sinking.
    the problems driving players from WoW aren't content or the age of the game, the problem is how the game experience and design philosophy are being undermined by Blizzard's hubris and greed.

Garchomp 252ATK/252SPE/4HP
    Item: Haban Berry
    Swords Dance
    Dragon Claw
    Earthquake
    Firefang.

Swords dance x2.
    Attack enemy
    ???
    Profit.

Most OP moveset/pokemon outhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    My problem is i tend to like the pokemon that look the coolest, Thank God i don't compete lol. I love that ghost/fire lantern pokemon.
    lol thats usually my problem too, always get the ones that look awesome and the grass starter lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Current team is

Rufflet <- kinda crappy so far, but I do like having fly on me etc. Maybe I should just use Thoundrus legendary lol.

Krookodile <- Bad move pool atm, hope it gets better. If any advise on what it should learn..

Dieno <- Took like 15 catches to get the nature I wanted o.o so annoying, but its now Mild nature (Dragon moves is SP ATK right?). Hope it will be good once trained.

Haxorus <- Ok strong so far, hoping for better move pool. Any suggestions are fine

Larvesta <- Hoping that Volcarona will make up for the SUCKiness of Larvesta.

Last spot maybe just victina or that eel lightning pokemon or a hole other thing.

Id love to try out all the 3 dog pokemons to
    wow you are bad. The moves are explained ingame nothing is special or physical anymore. It depends on the move not if it's fire or dark and such anymore.

Deleted
    You are using Mandibuzz on the wronf pokemon then, because she is an awesome Wall for the right pokemon.

---------- Post added 2011-04-03 at 03:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nak View Post
    So far imo that Seismitoad is the best and it's part ground so electric doesnt really effect it. Real good defense too. I would get it.
    Basculin is awesome for taking out anything weak to water, but thats it.