Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Will shadow still be top dps in 4.1?

What do u guys think?

Deleted
    Arcane mage is already competing at the high levels, But now they are buffing them incredibly much!, So you will probally see lots of Mage dps

arcane is only competing on fights with little aoe and movement

10+ Year Old Account
    As in shadow priests? I don't know about that.
    I still think hunters and warriors will still be pretty high. My undergeared hunter pulls the same as my raidgeared shadow priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    I still think hunters and warriors will still be pretty high. My undergeared hunter pulls the same as my raidgeared shadow priest.
    Then your SPriest is bad.. under geared or not, a raid geared DPS should never be out dps'd be someone who is under raid level geared.

No, the OTHER shadow specced class.... especially since this is in the Priest forum...

OT I havent played my priest as shad for a while, whats changing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well considering SPriests aren't getting nerfed and in reality they are getting buffed (double mind sear damage [about time]) so I'd think so. Not that there is really any major differences between the top DPS and SPriests.

Shadow will still be strong, but except on fights like Valiona/Nef/Omnitron they won't be #1, just as they aren't now. Marks still holds the candle on being #1 on the most fights as well as having the highest theoretical single target DPS. I don't see any reason at all why Shadow won't remain top tier though.

I think Shadow will still be high, but I think Affliction Warlocks will be giving us a run for our money.
    http://wssmg.guildlaunch.com/
    Looking for more! 9/14 SoO, apply on the website!

Quote Originally Posted by harky View Post
    Shadow will still be strong, but except on fights like Valiona/Nef/Omnitron they won't be #1, just as they aren't now. Marks still holds the candle on being #1 on the most fights as well as having the highest theoretical single target DPS. I don't see any reason at all why Shadow won't remain top tier though.
    Except the fact that there's only 2 fights atm where Marks is the best dps class.. Chimaeron and atramedes

Quote Originally Posted by TMK View Post
    Then your SPriest is bad.. under geared or not, a raid geared DPS should never be out dps'd be someone who is under raid level geared.
    Uncalled for. Shadow priests are hindered in high-movement fights, while hunters can shoot on the run and have their pets still do DPS for them without having to move with their owners...what do spriest have? DP spam? Yeah....that really high DPS

Quote Originally Posted by HeatM1ser View Post
    Uncalled for. Shadow priests are hindered in high-movement fights, while hunters can shoot on the run and have their pets still do DPS for them without having to move with their owners...what do spriest have? DP spam? Yeah....that really high DPS
    When I read 'auto-shot while running' buff back when I was wondering when they'd make all the channeled spells movable.

I.E., where's my moving-while-mind-flaying buff? Moving-while-arcane-missiles-buff? Moving-while-drain-life-buff?

No really blizzard, you didn't think letting hunters attack while moving wouldn't put them on top?
    An enhancement shaman is a fierce opponent, a primeval force of nature. He will assail you with the elements. His blades are like unto a fiery whirlwind. You will be electrocuted and burned. As he begets his lust for blood and summons two guardian spirits whose claws and fangs will gnash and tear your limbs from your body, your spirit will rise aloft from your unrecognizable remains, he will pause for a moment and pay his respects to your spirit by threateningly locking eyes with your soul.

15+ Year Old Account
    You're acting as if hunters do not lose dps when they're moving.

The only thing hunters can do while moving is autoshot... which does not = casting mindflay while moving. Yes they have a few instants , but so do we. And don't even say but aspect of the fox... yeah lol not worth even switching to anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortakai View Post
    The only thing hunters can do while moving is autoshot... which does not = casting mindflay while moving. Yes they have a few instants , but so do we. And don't even say but aspect of the fox... yeah lol not worth even switching to anymore.
    I bolded the parts of your post which are a complete contradiction.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    I bolded the parts of your post which are a complete contradiction.
    Grats on pointing out the obvious, no cookies are awarded for things that are obvious. Sorry
    I am Dave ! Yognaught, and I have the balls!

15+ Year Old Account
    Is that a joke? Warriors are not top DPS on any fights in this game right now, heroic or non. Middle of the pack at best.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by Vortakai View Post
    The only thing Hunters can't do while moving is hard cast Aimed Shot. They can use every other attack they have while moving. In fact Hunter DPS while moving is only ~10% lower than Hunter DPS standing still. And yes, Aspect of the Fox is absolutely a DPS gain if needed, but the truth is most fights don't require it. If a Hunter only need to move ~30% of the time they suffer no DPS loss. There is currently only one fight that requires that much movement. You're talking about 'a few instants', but forgetting that Hunters have instants with no cooldown. SV can move freely with no DPS penalty 40% of the time. MM can move freely with no DPS penalty 33% of the time. BM can move freely with no DPS penalty 60% of the time.

As far as State of DPS? It uses a median. Look at the actual top players on those fights and it's a very different story. State of DPS is only good for a loose idea of how you should be performing, not to show you top specs precisely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I'd much rather be #2 or #3 consistently. Top DPS is usually first to get nerfed. Especially when it's shadow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    Is that a joke? Warriors are not top DPS on any fights in this game right now, heroic or non. Middle of the pack at best.
    They're Top 5