Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Rawr tells me 22.5, I do about 23k. So basicly you're just not good enough, or very unlucky with RNG.

74% uptime on LB does seem kind of low, I wonder how much you're missing from that - maybe 1k? Did you have a 10% spell power buff in the raid? I didn't see one - if not, make sure that's unchecked in rawr. Another major factor is the fight length - make sure you're telling rawr the same fight length that it's taking your raid. It assumes the fight was 5 minutes by default, yours was 6:39. Also try plugging your latency into rawr. Also, you could always look at a parse of your fight and compare it to rawr's solution, see what the difference is.

You have to laugh at the trolls misquoting and insulting you... You never said you played perfectly, you said you had a perfect situation. Also - anyone who says garbage like "L2P Bro" in a class discussion like this is just asking for a ban, this isn't trade chat. This guy is asking for constructive advice, not insults.

I'm a fire mage too, our RNG situation is pretty awful in cata. You could play the same way 2 nights, get 18k one night and 22k the next.
    Last edited by mostlyharmless; 2011-03-18 at 05:23 PM.

Ignite munching can be a bitch... I've lost upwards of ~400k or so ignite dmg from munching on my HM Maloriak parse. Chimaeron can be a great parse or horrible one depending on how many slimes you take. I've had nights where I've taken as little as 2... as many as 12. The game has enough RNG factors, and you're also playing an RNG spec (we all are). Give it another go next week and compare the two parses.

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.

Chim is one of those fights where it's impossible to compare sim numbers to the actual encounter. Movement + hit debuff.

I had a great pull on chim only to fail hard and miss a combustion because of that debuff (ended up around 19k). Screwed up combustions can easily cost you a lot of dps (I dunno about 3k exactly, but a lot).

You can't really use Chimaeron as a good measurement for your real DPS compared to Rawrs, nor is it a good fight to compare to others with due to the massive amount of RNG that is Chimaeron. There's currently no fight in this raid-tier that's a real patchwork-like fight, which is pretty often what you base these results on, the closest you get with the least influence of RNG you get is Argaloth, but you got some movement there instead.

Also, as many already have said, you should only use Rawr as a tool, due to many factors it will never show YOUR TRUE DPS. Latency and reaction-time; two big factors playing in and then there's also the human errors and whoever says they're playing their class perfectly lies or just don't know they are doing faulty things a little now and then.

You also have to take into account that your proccs will be a bit RNG-based and that you probably never will be playing with your rotations and reactions perfectly according to these. People who are doing higher DPS than you might be more lucky with how they crit as well, aka getting more HS-proccs, perhaps even lined up with a few good trinket/enchant-proccs or pots.

Sometimes I end up around 22k DPS and sometimes I fall down to around 17k and it's all due to all these random things. All the aforementioned random things and just being unlucky with Caustic Slime can KILL your DPS. Oh and also, your combustion in the start looks kinda weak so make sure you always try to land that awesome combustion, it won't be what makes or ends you, but it will be increasing your DPS somewhat at least.

TLDR; Don't work yourself up over what simulations tell you and just strive to always do better instead. Land that good combustion (that means land a crit while you have all those proccs rolling) and try to have as much uptime of LB as possible, combustionhelper and/or other stuff can help you with that. Move as little as possible and try to limit your human errors and it should be fine. You can't really control the RNG, so try to control what's controllable instead. ;P

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think every simulation program should show it's possible % error range. Enhsim, which is the enhance shaman simulation program written for enhancement only, shows my shaman (ilvl 350) should pull 17.6k on a fight with roughly 10% movement or less. I normally do between 16.5-19k in these fights (i.e. argaloth, veliona and theralion... whose type of movement really doesn't adversely impact melee, omnotron, etc), which is both below and sometimes above, so I guess I'm in the right spot. I believe many of them are very accurate, but they are only as accurate as your parameters.
    Warrior: Darkmourn - US Cenarius
    Shaman: Darkshocks - US Cenarius
    Rogue: Darkmorn - US Cenarius

Increase up-time on LB, also look at how many fireballs you were able to cast. Also determine what your cast time was during the fight. See if you got a low amount of fireballs off (Yes, might even be something as simple as not spamming the key enough).

15+ Year Old Account
    As the person who does try to model the boss handler, I just have not had much time to work on it. Between getting the item cache straightened out, the hunter module that needs some loving (it hasn't been touched in months), and other RL issues, I just have not had time to work on the modeling. So currently the only thing I've been able to keep up with is the health of the bosses and the number of tanks/healers. I really have not touched the damages of the bosses. Though now that I'm working on heroic bosses, I'm getting the knack of these fights in both modes and should be able to start working the modeling soon.

wait.. so you were not able to emulate a simulation perfectly? pfft!

On Chimaron you need to be clever how you use your rotation, ie:

- Don't ever use your hotstreak procs while you have the caustic slime debuff.
    - During Feud phase quickly reapply Living Bomb (or use hotstreak procs) in the brief windows in time you get without the hit debuff.

On another note is it better just to scorch spam while you have the debuff? It doesn't cost you any mana and the shorter cast time means you'll be able to get back to your proper rotation quicker once than debuff wears off than if you were casting a fireball.

Deleted
    fire is rng live with it

i love his spit 15k dps <3

Ran you through simcraft with all the buffs you had on you durring that HChim kill, Bloodlust, Int, Mana Regen, Replin, Stat multiplier, Spell crit and spell dmg. 10000 iterations, length 400sec, chose helter skelter fight style to aproximate the CS debuff on you, and set your skill level at elite. Someone can go back through the log and see if I missed any buff, I'm pretty good at missing them tbh.

Result is 15157.2 dps average, 12757 low end, 18355 high end.

Same buffs and such on a patchwerk style fight, 18420.9 average, 15296 low end, 23323 highend.

In your log I see you gained HS 22 times yet cast 20 pyro!, also with a lock there you dont need to cast scorch at all unless you are moving, I belive you said you blinked for every feud phase? Could be wrong on that last part though.
    Be happy with your results imo.

---------- Post added 2011-03-19 at 03:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pasture View Post
    On another note is it better just to scorch spam while you have the debuff? It doesn't cost you any mana and the shorter cast time means you'll be able to get back to your proper rotation quicker once than debuff wears off than if you were casting a fireball.
    Hard cast a pyro, the debuff lasts just long enough for it to finish casting and travel to the boss resulting in that pyro as a hit instead of using mana to just miss. Hit is checked when the spell lands, not cast, so if you cast a fireball and then get hit with CS before it lands, it'll prolly miss due to travel time. Really notice it with flame orb.

Quote Originally Posted by Jontus View Post
    Hard cast a pyro, the debuff lasts just long enough for it to finish casting and travel to the boss resulting in that pyro as a hit instead of using mana to just miss. Hit is checked when the spell lands, not cast, so if you cast a fireball and then get hit with CS before it lands, it'll prolly miss due to travel time. Really notice it with flame orb.
    Unless he's not spec'd correctly, he won't be wasting mana while spamming scorch because it doesn't cost any mana....

Quote Originally Posted by Eloona View Post
    Unless he's not spec'd correctly, he won't be wasting mana while spamming scorch because it doesn't cost any mana....
    Which is still less dps than hard casting a pyro.

Thanks for the constructive stuff guys, will pay more attention to the slime debuff and my LB uptime.

Rawr and other DPS calculators/spreadsheets calculate only for the most ideal situation and don't take a lot of external factors into consideration. That said, some do have options to account for move time and such.

how can you even use that crap .... comon his teling me (ele shaman here) to reforge haste and mastery to crit or to use other crit crap gear instead of mastery or haste well to be honest i even chek that and gues whot it dosent work ........... so whot i want to say dont bother with that addon realy

Quote Originally Posted by Sodia View Post
    how can you even use that crap .... comon his teling me (ele shaman here) to reforge haste and mastery to crit or to use other crit crap gear instead of mastery or haste well to be honest i even chek that and gues whot it dosent work ........... so whot i want to say dont bother with that addon realy
    Because for some classes/specs it's being maintained quite good and for other classes it's worthless.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerfield View Post
    Ok but say for example we look at world of logs, Mage pulling 21k dps

.worldoflogs.com/reports/o7be9wjo05gybw0m/sum/damageDone/?s=5550&e=5922

He got hit by 28 Caustic slime, I got hit by 25 in the log i posted. His gear is maybe 1 ilvls higher than mine. Yet he is pulling 3k more Dps. Now he may of had a really good fight but i still shouldn't be that far behind someone who is at the same Gear level as me. Ive compared the logs and I can't really figure out what he is doing to get that extra 3k. Apart from having a 7% greater up time on LB.
    You realize that gear has pretty much zero impact on your DPS right? He probably got a better combustion, or just played better. There is no magic answer with what you are doing wrong it could be anything during the fight.