15+ Year Old Account

Forget to summon pet occasionally

A bit of an embarrassing question I know:

I've raiding as a Warlock for about 2 months and find myself OCCASIONALY, about once per week, forgetting to summon my pet out after wipes. Very noobish I know, and really I shouldn't need an addon or make an exception to alert me, however, does anyone know of any addon etc I can use to alert me to me not summoning my pet? I use forte atm but can't see the relevant option

Thanks

Ekko

You could use PowerAuras to let you know whenever the Soul Link buff is missing. No pet, no Soul Link.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was an addon I used to use that tracked all of your classes beneficial buffs and pets and whatnot. I don't remember what it was called but I remember there being an alert when I didn't have a Spellstone/Firestone enchant on my weapon, Soulstone in my bags/on a target, Soul Link on myself, and whether or not I have a pet out. I want to say it was an addon called ClassNotes, but I am not 100% as I stopped using it because... well, all that becomes second nature pretty quickly. Not hard to forget.

is necrosis still running?
    LOL, look at this angry kid go. Sounds like someone is bleeding from the vagina today. I don't know what I said to piss you off like this, kid, but I do know you must have TONS of friends and a healthy social life with that personality!-(Sindershock)
    The hardcore players are happy with the difficulty (with the exception of Buzzkill, who seems to enjoy complaining)
    Plagued Proto-Drakes suddenly become "Slightly Infected Chicken Drakes", or "Last Nights Takeaway Drakes".chronalis
    `Trolls need locks, wtf. It only fucking makes the most sense.`

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    You could use PowerAuras to let you know whenever the Soul Link buff is missing. No pet, no Soul Link.
    Good idea, I've got Weak Auras, I'll look into it. Thanks

You can try WarlockReminder to help you. It tracks Armor, Pet, Dark intent, Execute phase abilities.

I get a HUGE ASS Skull when i dont have fel armor/demon armor up and go in combat. I kinda never forget my pet. So i dont track that. And i ocasionally dont want Soul link. But powerauras can do this all for you.
    And the skull? yeah its screen size unplayable without fel armor

Deleted
    You don't need warlockreminder or any other buff tracking addon once you get the grip of PowerAuras (or any other buff/debuff/spell/proc/... addon, for that matter).
    As for the Pet, just track Soul Link. On the other hand, if you overlook that there's no pet bar, you might overlook the PowerAuras signal also :P. Then again, you could make it flash and obscure all your screen, as well as have it play some annoying alarm clock sound, so you will manage to notice it

Ive had a bad time trying to get power auras working. I got it to work a long time ago and then stopped using it for some reason. Every time ive tried to use it since it work work at all.

Also Soul Link can be a huge hinderance in some fights. By and large its not going to make a difference in your survival and the potential loss of your pet is not worth the risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlags View Post
    There was an addon I used to use that tracked all of your classes beneficial buffs and pets and whatnot. I don't remember what it was called but I remember there being an alert when I didn't have a Spellstone/Firestone enchant on my weapon, Soulstone in my bags/on a target, Soul Link on myself, and whether or not I have a pet out. I want to say it was an addon called ClassNotes, but I am not 100% as I stopped using it because... well, all that becomes second nature pretty quickly. Not hard to forget.
    BuffEnough i think.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seclorum View Post
    Every time ive tried to use it since it work work at all.
    I've had that, too - then I realised the Auras wouldn't show because I was in a city and the default setting excludes showing the auras when resting.
    If it "doesn't work", it actually does, you just need to set it right (btw, when you edit or create Auras, sometimes you will need to relog for them to work properly, but that's the only "glitch" with PA I know).
    For the Pet, you do not have to track Soul Link, but you can set up an Aura, choose "Pet" in the "reason for activation" dropdown menu, choose invert, and voila, you have an aura that shows when you do not have a pet.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would of thought a (glyped) 25 % reduction in damage would be nice for any encounter; how come it would be a hindrance and, why would it make a difference in your survival? I don't think I've seen my pet die yet; I normally just move it or use 'flee' if I think it will take some damage.Learning a lot here, cheers.

I find it hard to understand why soul link would be a hindrance; who would you rather die, yourself or your pet? Would you rather lose a GCD or yourself? Hmm. My pet rarely dies with soul link, and if he does it's due to positioning mostly. And on fights like Maloriak or Chimaeron hc, the less damage I take the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlags View Post
    That sounds like what Cork does. Cork is simple and light-weight and works for all classes (authored by Tekkub if you know his work).

Sadly he still hasn't added Dark Intent to the addon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenerena View Post
    I find it hard to understand why soul link would be a hindrance; who would you rather die, yourself or your pet? Would you rather lose a GCD or yourself? Hmm. My pet rarely dies with soul link, and if he does it's due to positioning mostly. And on fights like Maloriak or Chimaeron hc, the less damage I take the better.
    Its not a hinderance for most fights but there are a few where it would suck.

Chimaeron my pet was dieing all the time. I dont know why it was doing it so much but it was. So i started rolling without soul link and the healing was still fine. So many mechanics in that fight take you down super fast anyway. I guess i could grab synergy to heal my pet.

Nefarion, If you not chosen to take the close pillar for phase 2, your pet will die crazy fast here. Magma damage kept killing it. Funny in that every time ive killed nef my pet is almost always floating in midair in the middle of the arena. But then that arena has always had annoying and wierd bugs for pets. (Pets getting stuck on pillars, refusing to switch targets, getting stuck underneath the platform)

Pets have thier own inbuilt resistance to AOE damage but when you pop soul link on them you give them a direct conduit for that damage.

And yes pets can be re-summoned with instant shards but some fights there are no adds to conveniently generate shards from because im using those beauties like clockwork.

By and large if your taking enough damage to have soul link matter, your likely going to whack your pet OR your doing something wrong like pulling threat/standing in fire.

Power Auras as said can do this.. Also, I've noticed people saying "WeakAuras".. What's the difference between the two AddOns? ;o

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Power Auras as said can do this.. Also, I've noticed people saying "WeakAuras".. What's the difference between the two AddOns? ;o
    WeakAuras its the "ACEd" version and supposedly more light. Also doesnt have that many belts and whistles but most dont care about.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dont feel bad, i have done that, i have even forgot to turn on soul link (play as affliction) but SB+Pet instant summon and a button click can solve that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    I was used to do it since all speccs got Soul Link now, still it would be a little confusing if my pet died during a fight and I had already summoned it again. Then yesterday I was setting some auras and I found out that now Power Auras got "pet" option where you choose "buff", "debuff", etc. I chose "pet", tick "invert", it works great. Icon and sounds are your choice because apparently you can't choose "use own texture spell" thingy.