Thread: Remember Me

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Remember Me

http://store.steampowered.com/app/228300/

So this game just released and I really am shocked at how much of a sleeper it is. It reminds me of sleeping dogs in the way that no one really heard of it or saw massive ads or promotions for it yet it was really amazing.

Remember me has been, for the last 4 hours of me playing, thrilling and deep. Maybe I'm just a nerd for slow motion, particle effects, hexagons, futuristic stuff, and a well told story.

The combat is akin to Batman AA/AC with more of a twist. You can create the combos yourself and adjust which kicks and punches you want where. The reason is because some kicks or punches heal you or restore power to use on special abilities. The dodge is exactly like Batman AA/AC.

The graphics are just sexy. I haven't taken so many screenshots of a game in a long time. (see below)

The story....... The very first time you remix a memory.... I literally stopped playing and spent 10 minutes on the phone with my wife telling her about it. It's just so damn awesome.

The music is very nice and everyone is voice acted pretty well, especially the main character.

The exploration is limited and very path oriented but it doesnt deter from the game. You actually want to encounter more bad guys to bust those sweet combos out and see her in action. There are hidden things but nothing too hard to find. The real treat, for me at least, is how futuristic everything feels. All text is projected from things so it gives it a wicked perspective and feels amazing (similar to Dead Space's inventory system). She can parkour so it is almost identical to say... Prince of Persia. Everything feels fluid though. My only complaint is that even on the hardest difficulty it feels too easy, though I'm guessing it's because the person you play as is just so damn OP.

Anyways, it's a bit on the pricey side but it is definitely a surprise sleeper of a game. If you like action games with a great story and some very unique techniques involved, this game will absorb you right in.

PICS:

10+ Year Old Account
    I took a look at it and it felt a bit too linear for my liking, the combat seemed way too similar to batman and the game would've benefited with some kind of open world scenario, I have to admit the looks are quite amazing and the idea overall is interesting.

Still on the fence on wether buying it or not, maybe when it gets it's price downed a bit

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    I took a look at it and it felt a bit too linear for my liking, the combat seemed way too similar to batman and the game would've benefited with some kind of open world scenario, I have to admit the looks are quite amazing and the idea overall is interesting.

Still on the fence on wether buying it or not, maybe when it gets it's price downed a bit
    It's definitely priced higher than I like, especially considering the linear part and overall difficulty are my two man negatives. But damn if I don't get immersed in the environment on every new chapter.

The combat being like batman isn't a bad thing and since you can customize how they work it really lets how you want to play come out a little more than just "use these combos".

Hopefully it pulls a Sleeping Dogs and gets a sale, then more people can enjoy this game because it deserves it.

I was keeping an eye on this game but the reviews kinda turned me off from it. Might rent it some time. Playing through Lara Croft right now and while the combat is the most engaging thing I've played in a long time, the story is exceptionally lackluster; might play this for a change of pace.

P.S. Your sig is absolutely GLORIOUS JustintimeSS.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

It looks like an interesting game. Two things put me off from it though, the linear nature of it which has already been discussed, and the real short play time of the game.

If it was cheaper I'd consider getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    It looks like an interesting game. Two things put me off from it though, the linear nature of it which has already been discussed, and the real short play time of the game.

If it was cheaper I'd consider getting it.

It is linear and expensive. But I found it already to be worth my money. Again, I feel biased towards the art style, story, environment and combat which is enough to sell me on a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I was keeping an eye on this game but the reviews kinda turned me off from it. Might rent it some time. Playing through Lara Croft right now and while the combat is the most engaging thing I've played in a long time, the story is exceptionally lackluster; might play this for a change of pace.

P.S. Your sig is absolutely GLORIOUS JustintimeSS.
    I would say forgo the reviews if you are interested in the style. The "lore" and environment alone carry me through the linear experience. It is just a gorgeous game. Sadly it is full priced, but I'm assuming it's because of the quality of the game at hand.
    I played the new tomb raider. This game is like a linear version if that and well the combat is batman not spec ops.

Thanks, it was a glorious signature day when D3 released. Easy pickens.

It's the little things, like remembrance effects, stealing NPC powers, execution effects, remixing memories and just the touch of fucking with memories in general mixed in everything. That ideal and the surrounding power of the protagonist makes it such an easy game to get a syfy boner for.
    Last edited by JustintimeSS; 2013-06-07 at 02:44 AM.

Honestly I am planning to pick it up when I have the money/when its on sale/price drops. I just don't have the money right now, but it looks interesting and the concept of the story is fairly original compared to the usual AAA crap coming out now.

Deleted
    I've been excited about it since the first time I saw the trailers months ago. Unfortunately this is probably why I am now disappointed :P The game is bad by no means, but it's still average at best from what I can see, and they could have done SO MUCH more with their ideas This is not to say I am not enjoying it though, the story at least keeps me going ^^

Deleted
    well i can't play the game because of it the "Has stopped working" error directly after i press play....
    anyone know fix?

Deleted
    Well it's nice to see someone really enjoying it I think. I'm torn on it, such a beautiful environment, such well done sci-fi elements, a good main character, absolutely amazing soundtrack, but I personally find the combat dull and reptitive, and the super linear storyline frustrating. You have this amazing city with so many tiny details... but you can't explore anything which I find very disappointing. It really has a great premise but the combat for me is a bit of a dealbreaker that I can't get into - and I end up just feeling sad that they had such epic potential with that environment that they didn't capitalise on.

I've been looking at this game. Haven't bought it yet because its kind of spendy for an unknown (and that burns me far too often, even for a known) but it looks pretty awesome. I love the futuristic feel and it seems like a pretty original story.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

mouse movement is a absolute disaster. Need to jerk the mouse hard for it to register. Smooth slow movements is not registered

10+ Year Old Account
    When i first saw gameplay of this I thought it was an awesome looking game. I still think it is and will be getting it eventually. I don't understand why people dislike it so much. The combat looks really fun and the story is very interesting and unique. I guess it's because it's not a FPS.

Edit: From what I've seen in the comments about it being linear and not open to explore the city, that I can totally understand being a disappointment. I mean just thinking of what they could've had, is pretty upsetting.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2013-06-07 at 05:01 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

All I know is the second this goes on sale I'm picking it up. Can't justify a full price atm with my current backlog, but I'm definitely getting this.

My only real complaint after pushing so many hours in the game (still not done yet though) is that there isn't more memory remixing. It's an amazing idea and is really not capitalized upon.

Combat is nice but I wish I could Overload memories more because that is dope as fuck.

Still a great godamn story with gorgeous visuals.

I'd been keeping up with this game for awhile, but I decided not to buy it when I learned there were only 4 or 5 of the 'memory remixes', which was one of the things that seemed to be a big feature of the game, as it was advertised. But it winds up being such a small part...

Will be messing more with The Last Of Us before I beat Remember Me

10+ Year Old Account
    It looked interesting, but I'm holding out for the Last of us.

Deleted
    The game is just "meh". Fighting is just too simple (for me) and this whole customization dont actually have that much impact on fighting as it should have and in the end you gonna pop cd and kill everything anyway. Jumping is too linear and after all those games we have in past years its just simply boring. It have great graphic and that is only thing that is great in game. Playing this thing gonna help you kill some time but if you have anything else to play its just not worth the time.

Deleted
    I just finished it last night, and while the story was definitely nice and kept me going, I still can not rate the game higher than average. The combat was average. The environments were nice and interesting, but way too linear in this day and age. The graphics were nice, but unpolished.

I been playing this for a bit last few days,cant really get in to the combat just feel too simple for my taste,however the idea of the story is pretty good and there is a lot of detail on the environments where ever you look.