Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodejjj View Post
    True. But at least in the case of Arms warriors, their massive damage is needed due to the DR on Charge/Throwdown and DR'ing on itself. Plus the fact that we can gap closer only once every 15 seconds or so. Btw, Heroic Leap is bullshit, doesn't even count as a gap closer. :P
    I play warrior too it isnt that bad infact its faceroll at the moment so i have no sympathy for you a lock can get away once every 21 seconds and you cant be feared due to zerker rage. Warrior and DK at the moment is just silly Hence why TSG is also a guarenteed 2.2k comp unless the people are terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by rzy View Post
    I play warrior too it isnt that bad infact its faceroll at the moment so i have no sympathy for you a lock can get away once every 21 seconds and you cant be feared due to zerker rage. Warrior and DK at the moment is just silly Hence why TSG is also a guarenteed 2.2k comp unless the people are terrible.
    I'm talking strictly 2's atm, with a Holy Pally as a partner. On the other hand, I'll be rerolling to a TSG 3's team, and knowing how stupidly OP UH DK's are, I have hopes we can steamroll to a 2400+ rating.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree w/op. mages and locks are more often than not easy kills on my warrior or dk. Try kiting a well played warrior or uh dk, your screwed. If you are successful at kiting, you are probably playing someone w/little clue, or is in gimp gear.

SR/HThrow/SBash/Charge Stun/HLeap Stun/KD--all sorts of things to make kiting against a warrior difficult, assuming the warrior uses them.
    AMZ/AMS/DG/Str/MF/GhoulStun-all sorts of things to make kiting a dk difficult.

Deleted
    Well, i understand your problem. Now i play on my Ret Paladin with a friend who plays an Enhancement Shaman, now thats clearly not the most viable of comps, with both hex & repentence sharing same dr's, but hey, it's 2's nothing has to be serious. Now in Dalaran arena we came up against a Warrior/Rogue team that beat us before, but we knew the mistake we made the time before so, we'd be damned if it was going to happen again. We went straight on the warrior, and he died in roughly 15 seconds. In that time however, he nearly killed my shaman twice, i was lucky that ret's heals via selfless healer are stupidly good, ie 2 65k heals on my shaman friend. Then it was 2v1 with the rogue, he tried to control me a bit via gouge/blind to take out my shaman, but soon we had him down. Now the funny/amazing part is at the end of the game, the warrior had done the most damage, yet lived for only 15 seconds of combat, and his damage was roughly mine and my friends but together. Lulwut!?

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crownos View Post
    You sir suck ass.

For one you are complaining that the warrior nuked you down yet you fail to see whats in your own evidence! the warrior has fuck all uptime on you atall during the fight and you think that when he FINALLY gets to you he should do pitiful damage to you!? that makes no sence atall!!!

Warriors have high burst for that simple fact that they have fuck all uptime on there target as you sit back and nuke him as you pointed out.

and to stop your complaining they are Nerfing Colossus smash to 50% down from 100% armour reduction so STFU and read the patch notes.
    Mage isnt the one dying, its the warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by jazen View Post

SR/HThrow/SBash/Charge Stun/HLeap Stun/KD--all sorts of things to make kiting against a warrior difficult, assuming the warrior uses them.
    AMZ/AMS/DG/Str/MF/GhoulStun-all sorts of things to make kiting a dk difficult.
    Heroic Throw doesn't prevent kiting, and only silences if they're spec'd into it, which most warriors aren't that I've seen.
    Heroic Leap doesn't stun. If it did, I wouldn't be here bitching at you.
    KD? = TD? We use that IF we can catch you.

Honestly; I would gladly give up Colossus Smash for intercept again, especially when it comes to frost mages. If i'm going to get kited to death, I may as well enjoy it.

Oh yeah, and our Spell Reflection cooldown is being brought up to a 25 sec cooldown, even more free casting for you! (Not that many players even bothered getting rid of spell reflect in the first place).
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2011-03-21 at 11:01 PM.

If I had a nickle for every thread started because someone can't figure out how to deal with another class. Ever think they have you're number, or are...gasp....better players. Nope, that couldn't be it. Lets nerf everything.

Reading about mages complaining about fury warrs always makes me giggle. And lose a little bit faith in humanity.

---------- Post added 2011-03-22 at 12:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jazen View Post
    Mage isnt the one dying, its the warlock.
    Well, assuming they can and should CC the warrior indefinitely I don't see how the warlock can die 2v1 against a DK.

its about locks, warriors, and the ridunc amount of non-healer healing that just flooded pvp.

you guys are sayin i should have whooped the warrior. let me say that i would have easily if when it got to 1v1 we were on "even" ground, as in full hp and cds. i had jack shit from trying to peal him off my lock which was futile. think for a second though....on one attempt i kited him for at least 5 full minutes. because shatters work the way they do, he does get up on me probably once every 20-30 seconds and does some retarded burst. because i DONT have any reactive heals and my shields pop after 10k damage, he's taking 20-30k hp off every time he gets on me. considering my hp is around 115k, i can safely do 4 root-burst rotations until i have to reset, drink and/or evocate. how much damage does 4 root-burst rotations do on a 3.8k resil warrior? we're talking 50% of his health or less. one thing i suppose i could have done differently is use ffb instead on the longer duration roots for the extra punch but i dont think it would be game breaking. i did mention i made a mistake and missed him with CoC that cost me dearly BUT if frost is supposed to own warriors so bad even a few mistakes shouldn't matter. RIGHT?

edit-

if all i had to do was kite the warrior forever and i'd win, thats what i'd do easy peasy. unfortunately i have to put out much more damage than his heals are doing and the longer i kite him the more health he gets back.........then there is the 3 minute cd......and bloodthirst when he gets on me.......i cant do enough damage to him and also 100% kite him while not taking hits. my lag is to much for working the deadzone too.
    Last edited by goetz401; 2011-03-21 at 11:25 PM.

warriors are fine... but tell me, how do you deal with something that slices through resilience like a hot knife through butter

http://i55.tinypic.com/2ypdh6o.jpg
    someone posted this on the official forums a few weeks ago

29k ms on 3.5k resi?
    25k heroic strike?
    32k execute?
    yea ok

wtb balance

edit: check timestamps
    Last edited by styks; 2011-03-21 at 11:16 PM. Reason: edit
    "Bring the player, not the shaman"
    Quote Originally Posted by UnholyGuardian View Post
    When Blizzard get that dollar sign look in their eyes... anything is possible.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/blackrock/omybad/

As a warrior playing 2's and doing lots of bgs I can say for a fact I hate frost mages with a bloody passion. If you kite effectively you should have no problem at all killing the warrior and if anybody you should be mad at it should be your lock friend for dying it's all his fault anyway. Honestly the biggest question is how on earth the dk the most anti magic melee class got screwed first especially if he was blood then the warrior should've been slaughtered

Quote Originally Posted by goetz401 View Post
    its about locks, warriors, and the ridunc amount of non-healer healing that just flooded pvp.

you guys are sayin i should have whooped the warrior. let me say that i would have easily if when it got to 1v1 we were on "even" ground, as in full hp and cds. i had jack shit from trying to peal him off my lock which was futile. think for a second though....on one attempt i kited him for at least 5 full minutes. because shatters work the way they do, he does get up on me probably once every 20-30 seconds and does some retarded burst. because i DONT have any reactive heals and my shields pop after 10k damage, he's taking 20-30k hp off every time he gets on me. considering my hp is around 115k, i can safely do 4 root-burst rotations until i have to reset, drink and/or evocate. how much damage does 4 root-burst rotations do on a 3.8k resil warrior? we're talking 50% of his health or less. one thing i suppose i could have done differently is use ffb instead on the longer duration roots for the extra punch but i dont think it would be game breaking. i did mention i made a mistake and missed him with CoC that cost me dearly BUT if frost is supposed to own warriors so bad even a few mistakes shouldn't matter. RIGHT?
    You do know that instead of, or even while trying to peel the warrior off, you are able to nuke him with 25% more damage done if he has cooldowns up? It's risky, but they only way to beat a DK/fury team is to either CC the warrior, or blow him up before he blows you up, which shouldn't be very hard as a smart frost mage.

Quote Originally Posted by styks View Post
    warriors are fine... but tell me, how do you deal with something that slices through resilience like a hot knife through butter

29k ms on 3.5k resi?
    25k heroic strike?
    32k execute?
    yea ok

wtb balance

"Colossus Smash now ignores 50% of a hostile player's armor (PvP), but continues to ignore 100% of a non-player character's armor (PvE)."

It's currently at the 100% ignore for pvp and pve.

Not to mention you're a Clothie...

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    "They have retarded self healing for a class that is has no "healing" spells. "
    Victory rush is the only real self healing thats any good and thats only when you get a killing blow.

I love how mage get killed by something and then think OMG nerf them... as a mage if you get killed by a warrior you did indeed get out played sorry to say.

As a warrior I find mages and hunters to be one of the hardest classes to go up against, you really can;t complan that a warrior killed you and they cry nerf... warriors have been saying for years how unfair it is trying to fight a mage. I remember back in vanilla when I killed a high warlord when i was in blues on my mage. mages have always had the upper hand vs warriors.
    Intel i7 2700K (@4.8Ghz) - 8GB Corsair - Windows 7 64Bit - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H
    Corsair Force 3 SSD 120GB - Gigabyte GTX680 OC - Benq 120hz LED Monitor

Warlock is a joke in pvp after the cataclysm nerfs.
    No self heal, no burst damage if demon or affliction and can't cast anything as destruction since Blizzard changed conflagrate (can't use with shadowflame). Destruction now is the most patetical spec in pvp.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styks View Post

29k ms on 3.5k resi?
    25k heroic strike?
    32k execute?
    yea ok

wtb balance

Yes because no another class can hit that hard.... please dude
    Intel i7 2700K (@4.8Ghz) - 8GB Corsair - Windows 7 64Bit - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H
    Corsair Force 3 SSD 120GB - Gigabyte GTX680 OC - Benq 120hz LED Monitor

Warrior Burst is already getting a crazy nerf so you should stop crying about it. CS going to 50% armor reduction instead of 100% is huge for burst. You will be getting slammed so it will make sure that dmg goes up while burst goes down.

On the other hand a 50% frost mage with no CD's should still have a FURY warrior with all his CD's. If the fight lasted less than 5 minutes, you are doing it wrong as a frost mage. Spell reflect is also getting nerfed so frost mages are going to be even better against warriors.

Blink, ice lance, ice lance, Frost nova, ice lance, ice lance, pet nova, ice lance ice lance, blink, ice lance ice lance,

Blood Craze heal by a warrior is so little its not really a heal as much as its a damage reduction. You have to take dmg to get that heal going, its only 4% with field dressing adding that extra %.

When you see him put on that shield stop hitting him with spells, or waste it with something really weak that does residual effect like a slow. If you keep him on his toes he should slowly drop over time. Once you have deep freeze, orb, mirror, trinks, and any other CD's you should have an easy kill.

Besides if you know he's gonna heal up just poly him to buy more time. Its a nickle and dime game and the longer you last the less his chances become. If you have to choose between him killing you and full healing him it seems like a no brainer to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Biruta View Post
    No self heal, no burst damage if demon or affliction and can't cast anything as destruction since Blizzard changed conflagrate (can't use with shadowflame). Destruction now is the most patetical spec in pvp.
    Hunters say HELLOOOOOOOO.

Quote Originally Posted by Biruta View Post
    Your kidding right? if you can have a decent partner(s) and get them to peal off you and go demon armor and then pop soul harvest you will get roughly 20-25k~ ticks me and my 2s partner use this a lot running dual warlocks.