Thread: Desecration

Desecration

Takes hours for the game to realize I'm not even standing in there anymore. And then a new one pops out and the whole thing starts anew. What am I supposed to do? Yes, I'm slightly mad.

Don't jump out of desecration, walk out of it instead. That way you aren't hopping 5yds out of it and still being slowed.

Yes! That same thing applies to any AE ground spawn thingy. I do it all the time when trying to get out of ring of frost. I naturally think I'd be better off jumping out but that just leaves me "in" the ring for a second longer, virtually assuring that I will get frozen.
    It's a hard habit to break, but it's worth working on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who remembers back when Desecration looked cool and consisted of many many undead arms coming out of the ground and pulling the victims down?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    Who remembers back when Desecration looked cool and consisted of many many undead arms coming out of the ground and pulling the victims down?
    Damn I miss that.... Why did they remove that effect?

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    I do...and I didn't even realize they removed it till you mentioned it...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiraiyah View Post
    Yes! That same thing applies to any AE ground spawn thingy. I do it all the time when trying to get out of ring of frost. I naturally think I'd be better off jumping out but that just leaves me "in" the ring for a second longer, virtually assuring that I will get frozen.
    It's a hard habit to break, but it's worth working on.
    I thought you get frozen if you pas trough the cloud part (the actual Ring, not inside it)? Or am I wrong here? So basically, you could just jump trough the cloud part (as loon as you jump before the you touch the cloud) and if you land outside it, you basically avoided it?

Quote Originally Posted by Vashtanerada View Post
    Because it was HELL on lower end computers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lots of server lag I'd imagine. But yeah, very awesome spell animation indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    We removed the Fun Stuff forum, all the Fun in the MMO-Champion forums will now be taking place in my pants.

Xenophics <Famous> - Scarlet Crusade (US)

I think they should bring the DnD glyph, now that was cool

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbear View Post
    I thought you get frozen if you pas trough the cloud part (the actual Ring, not inside it)? Or am I wrong here? So basically, you could just jump trough the cloud part (as loon as you jump before the you touch the cloud) and if you land outside it, you basically avoided it?
    The other way around. You have a couple seconds to gtfo when the ring first pops up, but if you jump out (which feels like a natural thing to do) the whole time you're in the air, it counts as if you're standing in the circle. If you run right out, you have a better chance of not getting frozen.

Edit: the inside circle is a safe zone as well. The only part that's supposed to freeze you is the visible part. I don't know if jumping out from the inside ring to outside the entire circle works for you or against you, but if you run straight out, you should have time.

Because you touch yourself at night.

I hope you're happy.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffari View Post
    I think they should bring the DnD glyph, now that was cool
    Because that was not crazy overpowered :3
    Hi Sephurik

if i can say anything about Desecration....the area is way too small and the effect just seems like a load of hogwash, 7yds at 50% slow... i think it would be better if it was more like a Chillblain type of effect on PS rather than an area drop, 7 yds against even the classes most effected by it[imo- warrior and pallly], is like a 2-3 second slow. if im using against any goblin, a hunter or mage it doesnt even help my situation at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Karrod View Post
    if i can say anything about Desecration....the area is way too small and the effect just seems like a load of hogwash, 7yds at 50% slow... i think it would be better if it was more like a Chillblain type of effect on PS rather than an area drop, 7 yds against even the classes most effected by it[imo- warrior and pallly], is like a 2-3 second slow. if im using against any goblin, a hunter or mage it doesnt even help my situation at all.
    I think that part's pretty much balanced back out by being spammable and lasting 20 seconds. If you do it right, you can desecrate a pretty large area to make them run back through to get to you. If I'm fighting a warrior, I like to make two next to each other, then stand on the edge, DG and run back in the other direction while my pet has it's way with him and toss out some death coils while I wait for my FU runes for a DS. Then when those hit, run right through him again, hitting DS on the way and kiting him a little further. Really pisses my warrior friend off :P

Deleted
    The way jumping works in WoW is that it delays the updating of your position until you land.

That's why you can jump Charges for example, causing the Warrior to charge your old position. It also helps a little against slow effects, allwing you to gain a few yeard when jumping.

However when you wish to escape an AoE snare like Desecration, jumping is counter productive.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiraiyah View Post
    Really pisses my warrior friend off :P
    my only complaint with it is that is seems really class oriented rather than a viable all purpse means for CC

Everything in PvP is class-specific. This strat is more melee specific and it's not always just you running these people around. If I'm getting tunneled by any melee, it's definitely in my best interest to keep them out of reach while my partners do their thing.