Deleted
    Have u guys seen this http://darthhater.com/2011/08/29/pax...tation-videos/
    Check last video 1.20-1.50 and look at SR D hahah i laughed so much

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karjis View Post
    Have u guys seen this http://darthhater.com/2011/08/29/pax...tation-videos/
    Check last video 1.20-1.50 and look at SR D hahah i laughed so much
    He is thinking to himself "keep your damn mouth shut this time".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalgod247 View Post
    I am getting pretty excited about the game being released soon and would be nice to get in beta, but i doubt it...im not very lucky.Although i think the game looks great and fun to play i did have one concern i been thinking about...does anyone else think it might get old playing a jedi or sith since you can only use lightsabers? I mean as awesome as it sound at some point you will get sick of looking at it even if ya change colors and hilts.I know..... whats a jedi or sith without a saber, but it does suck there realy is no room for real upgradable skins besides color and hilt.Maybe new ideas will come up?
    Are you serious, you got a fricking metal hilt with LASER BEAM, how can that get old ?

I am getting pretty excited about the game being released soon and would be nice to get in beta, but i doubt it...im not very lucky.Although i think the game looks great and fun to play i did have one concern i been thinking about...does anyone else think it might get old playing a jedi or sith since you can only use lightsabers? I mean as awesome as it sound at some point you will get sick of looking at it even if ya change colors and hilts.I know..... whats a jedi or sith without a saber, but it does suck there realy is no room for real upgradable skins besides color and hilt.Maybe new ideas will come up?
    I think they mentioned that some of the rare-er lightsabers will have unique sounds. They can also play with the blades a little bit (think force unleashed if you played those games) to give them different effects. (pulsing, shimmering, sparking, etc)

different lightsabers make vastly different sounds they say, getting a rare high level saber could have sounds that turn peoples heads from a 30m radius.

edit: beaten to the punch.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerendfs View Post
    I think they mentioned that some of the rare-er lightsabers will have unique sounds. They can also play with the blades a little bit (think force unleashed if you played those games) to give them different effects. (pulsing, shimmering, sparking, etc)
    I noticed a massive ignition sound difference between my first saber and the one you can buy with commendations for the first flashpoint (level 12). So yea, they're definitely in. Along with different saber hilt looks.

10+ Year Old Account
    **Warning Massive Wall of Text Incoming**
    Thoughts about the beta review (in numerical order):

1: flesh out end game - Yes. Extremely important, but most likely already underway or completed in the next build. At the very least, on their radar.
    2: review expertise and resolve - Clearly has no idea what expertise does. I'm split about his CC DR change to resolve. It's nice and makes sense, but (since I don't pvp all that hardcore) I don't know if this would be a welcome change.
    3: retool space missions - Seems like a neat idea, but I don't know enough about the space missions to decide if this would be necessary. Maybe a L2P is in order, or perhaps space missions truly are bonkers. More info needed
    4: fix "stuff" - he doesn't say what is broken or what to fix about it. This here is quality feedback!
    5: LFG - Sounds like he wants a LFG system like Rift has in place for group quests. I'm not wholly opposed to it, but I don't consider it to be a necessity.
    6: movable UI - a nicety for some players, but certainly not that important. This makes me pretty certain he is a WoW/Rift player
    7: bindings - I'm guessing he's trying to bind the mouse wheel and not middle-click. Again, this is a nicety but not a necessity. I would assume that with enough provocation, BW would add this (if they haven't already).
    8: datacrons - No. Just no.
    9: Sorc/Cons - Lol. Saying "obviously X is OP" is not helpful. Perhaps his suggestions are useful, but they're out-weighed by the wrongness of his first sentence.
    10: codex entries - These would be nice and I can imagine they could be added with extremely little work.
    11: guild incentives/social points - Not necessary. Social points are (from what I understand) completely optional. This "I should have to do as little work as possible to get everything done" attitude is not helpful.
    12: speeder costs - I don't know how fully functional the economy is now so this one may be right. Then again, the numbers are too specific for me to comment on.
    13: slicing - IIRC this already happened
    14: speeder seating - Fix collision detection, great. Making them 2-seaters is lower on my priority list.
    15: Tauntaun mounts - Meh. It would be fun, but it really isn't that important. This is extremely low in priority on this list.
    16: more races - Wait for expansions. That is all.
    17: buff player health - comments say this isn't an issue any more
    18: surge rating - haven't heard of this (is it crit?). Sounds like more PVP QQ
    19: mount scaling - IMO, this would actually make sense too. You've trained to go faster so you can maneuver your mount better. And it helps with the duplicate mounts in cities problem.
    20: xp to credits - I'm split on this one too. It's nice, but wasn't he just complaining that stuff should cost more because credits come too easily? I'm fine with this staying how it is. If they change it, whatever. That's cool too.
    21: item linking - IIRC it is on its way in with the next build
    22: mobile galaxy map - with how awesome the map system seems to be, I'm a little surprised this isn't already in game. Perhaps they are still working out a clever way to accomplish it.
    23: holo turn-ins - I don't think this is really all that necessary. It would make things more convenient, but that doesn't make it better.
    24: item previews - I believe they already said that this is in the works
    25: healing and damage scaling - this is actually what makes PVP healing work. If healing and damage scaling were the same, then a healer would equally be able to keep up with damage which isn't what they want.
    26: pvp healing - No. Healers help. That is all. They shouldn't be able to keep an entire team alive.
    27: player health - same as 17
    28: transportation glitches - latest patch notes indicated they fixed some of this. Seems like they are already working on it.
    29: dual spec - while I would love to have dual specs, him inferring that you can't level as a healer or tank is just stupid. His main gripe seems to be availability to trainers, not having to actually change specs.
    30: ship upgrades via commendations - this doesn't sound like too bad of an idea. If you end up with an excess of commendations, then you can deck out your ship for future missions
    31: ship travel - I'm a programmer too, and I have to tell you, a lot of them are completely incompetent. So, any time someone says, "I'm a programmer so I know what I'm talking about", take it with a HUGE grain of salt. As for his actual complaint, I don't really see what he's complaining about. Does he want the game to be loading extra assets in the background? I can't make heads or tails of what he is trying to say. (This is a great example of how one programmer explaining the functionality of something he's thinking of isn't always conveyed in a way that others might understand. It happens ALL THE FREAKING TIME.)
    32: chat bubbles - Seems like an easy addition. I wouldn't doubt it is in the works.
    33: sitting animations - Extra animations/positions would be nice, but really doesn't add a whole lot to the game for how much work they take. Maybe in the future.
    34: instancing - Seems simple enough, but there could easily be a ton of tech that it would need. Nevertheless, that would be a nice thing to have.
    35: insta-ship - I don't really think this is that big of a deal. How often are you really changing planets?
    36: additional bags - Me thinks this guy is a pack rat. What is he filling his bags and banks with? Pretty armor? Sell your old junk and move on already. You don't need a bag of holding so you can keep your endless supply of randomly assorted junk loot.
    37: PVP-PVE aggro - What is this I don't even? How about, "When you are attacked by another player while in combat with a mob, you are instantly healed to full health, the mob is given 100% aggro to the other player, the other player gets a 70% snare for 5 minutes, and you deal triple damage to players for as long as you remain in combat."? Like seriously, it doesn't get much more carebear than this, and I hate lowbie ganking...I mean world PVP.
    38: datacron codex locations - While this sounds good, I wonder if it fascilitates datacron tracking too well. It is intended as a mini-game. Too much help makes the mini-game too easy to finish. I'm split. If they don't add it, I'll likely just record them myself.
    39: Codex voiceover - Cute, but would add a ridiculous amount of work to an already significantly-postponed game. Also, remember that this game is launching in 3 language, which means triple the amount of work. For some reason, I'm going to have to read codex entries in the Pokedex voice...
    40: limiting hybrid specs - If a combination of talents causes certain specs to become unbalanced, that is one thing. To limit spec choices because you don't like hybrid specs is totally different and completely unneccessary. Honestly, this just seems like top-tier talents aren't powerful enough to justify going that deep and upper-level talents don't provide enough synergy. Talent trees should be built well enough to promote sticking to a tree over going hybrid.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shardik View Post
    different lightsabers make vastly different sounds they say, getting a rare high level saber could have sounds that turn peoples heads from a 30m radius.

edit: beaten to the punch.
    And in the long run most people will treat those "hand turning" sounds just like the Guns in WoW. Annoying and you should use an equal but non annoying sounding weapon. Sounds are okay, but anything beyond "subtle" should be left off weapons/objects/abilities that are repeated and a main function.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Man you guys are ubernerds...lol...I cant believe I actually read more than 1 page of this sucky thread. Good luck to you all in RL but god all mighty is this ever gonna be a shitty game...

< interesting... and unnecessary >

User was infracted for this post
    Last edited by 3clipse; 2011-08-29 at 07:40 PM.
    IBroughtGuns ~ Night Elf Warrior
    Specializing in Protection Services
    Dabbling in Smashing Faces
    Proudly Serving Alliance Since 2007
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/haomarush/Ibroughtguns/advanced[/URL][/url]
    Addiction Guild - http://addiction-haomarush.wowstead.com/

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    And in the long run most people will treat those "hand turning" sounds just like the Guns in WoW. Annoying and you should use an equal but non annoying sounding weapon. Sounds are okay, but anything beyond "subtle" should be left off weapons/objects/abilities that are repeated and a main function.
    for most games I'd agree, but star wars has always been about the sounds to me, the sabers clashing, the pew pew of the guns, droids beeping, I love the sounds associated with the universe. I can't wait to hear all the unique versions spouting from every gun I find, even if it isn't an upgrade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IBroughtGuns View Post
    Man you guys are ubernerds...lol...I cant believe I actually read more than 1 page of this sucky thread. Good luck to you all in RL but god all mighty is this ever gonna be a shitty game...
    Reported,

anyway, beta weekends seems pretty interesting, sad its only stuck to the weekends tho, if it comes to that i may make my sith Assassin after all since i wouldnt get much story info
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Quote Originally Posted by IBroughtGuns View Post
    Anyone who plays WoW cannot call the fans of another MMO nerds, without being seen as a hypocrite.

And blasting and trolling this thread is an infraction-able offense, as stated in the OP. Watch yourself.

just saying guys dont reply to trolls or else mods get angry with us, best to ignore them that theyare their and report and they get more mad and get banned.

for most games I'd agree, but star wars has always been about the sounds to me, the sabers clashing, the pew pew of the guns, droids beeping, I love the sounds associated with the universe. I can't wait to hear all the unique versions spouting from every gun I find, even if it isn't an upgrade.
    Im not saying the sounds im saying visual...yeha i love the sounds also and yeah i know the sabers can sounds diffrent.But i played wow for 7 years or however long it was out and if i had the same weapon the whole time i think i would choke myself. I am a SW fan, i seen the first 3 in the theater and had all the toys...so i know its cool to havea saber, im just hoping that keeps everyone attention even if 5 years go by.

Im not saying the sounds im saying visual...yeha i love the sounds also and yeah i know the sabers can sounds diffrent.But i played wow for 7 years or however long it was out and if i had the same weapon the whole time i think i would choke myself. I am a SW fan, i seen the first 3 in the theater and had all the toys...so i know its cool to havea saber, im just hoping that keeps everyone attention even if 5 years go by.
    it did in swg to become a jedis, then after nge everyone still wanted to have a glowstick

Deleted
    SW TOR has officially left Seattle.

This means more news about Beta Weekends and more invites are being sent out! yay

hey Apolaan, your sig says blizz, wouldn't it be bioware?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by link064 View Post
    36: additional bags - Me thinks this guy is a pack rat. What is he filling his bags and banks with? Pretty armor? Sell your old junk and move on already. You don't need a bag of holding so you can keep your endless supply of randomly assorted junk loot.
    TOR gear relies more on components/mods inserted into the gear then the gear itself. This means people will be saving "cool looking" gear even more then they normally would. This adds up quick. Then you have all the cool little fluff items that you don't want to get rid and might use occasionally. Not to mention the few inventory slots used up by the DDE/CE versions. Every game should have upgradable/expandable inventory in some fashion. Its easy and as the person from the review says a nice gold sink (even if minor). A bag is one of the better items for a crafter to provide and has a nice repeat sale rate as everyone that plays is a potential customer.

Blizzard isn't adding 80 extra storage slots for a few pack rats in WoW. Inventory limitations is a huge thing that all mmo's should find ways to tackle. If a reviewer says it is easy to fill up bag and bank slots before even hitting max level then that does seem to indicate an issue (smaller or larger). Of course nothing says they can't expand it in later expansions/patches but most "collecting"/storage of items happens at max level with events, end-game gear models, and etc.

Even without being a pack rat sentimental attachment to a view items is pretty much a mmo/rpg staple. Getting that "lore" gear, "cool looking" gear, or "cool" item is a large reason to continue to play and "grind" out tasks in any game. Having a sufficient means to store it should be staple for any newly designed game. This isn't 1990 and silly RPG limitations on inventory for annoyances after all.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

hey Apolaan, your sig says blizz, wouldn't it be bioware?
    its a joke from the yogscast, they blame any game they play problems on blizz

10+ Year Old Account
    8: datacrons - No. Just no.

i dont mind datacrons, at least it gives something extra to do while your playing the game
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream