10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avarathion View Post
    Does anyone know if there will be lots of servers or just 1 or 2 major servers like in EVE Online?
    If there are, will there be the same horrible servers like RP - PVE - PVP as there are in WoW?
    No word on how many, but there will be multiple servers including pvp, pve, rp, etc. Why is it bad to give players the choice how they want to play?

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    5 scientific reasons the Dark side will always win.

Also give us Jedi Consular updates!!
    To hell with Consulars, I want an IA armor progression video.

@Trollsbane

Cruisin' Mos Espa
    In my Delorean
    War's over I
    'm a peacetime mandalorian.

My backpack's got jets
    Well I'm Boba the Fett
    Well I bounty hunt for Jabba Hutt
    To finance my 'Vette See,

my name is Boba Fett
    I know my shit is tight
    Start not actin'right
    You're frozen in carbonite

Got telescopic sight
    Flame throwers on my wrist
    You still don't get the gist
    Spiked boots are made to kick

Targets are made to hit
    You think I give a shit
    Yo mama is a bitch
    I see you in the Sarlaac Pit
    Last edited by mmocb95650c314; 2011-06-12 at 05:14 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    No word on how many, but there will be multiple servers including pvp, pve, rp, etc. Why is it bad to give players the choice how they want to play?
    Well, it depends on how they design the servers. I just hope they won't do the same misstake as blizzard did with their servers. The PvE servers of WoW are lame and boring. The PvP servers died with flying mounts.

I really hope they can find a nice balance between the two, and let the flying stay in the vacuum of space. (Not counting speeders and other hoovercrafts, as long as they stay close to the ground)

For those that don't check out the Darth Hater website, they posted some nice dissections of some of the videos shown at E3. This picture specifically adds a lot to the discussion earlier about the LS/DS gear restriction idea.
    http://media.dhcdn.com/2011/06/7475/gsdiss16.jpg

As you can see, gear has "light 1" and "light 2" restrictions, and the character has a "light 3" rank and he isn't even halfway up the scale. It is also interesting to see that the number requirement for "light 4" is 6750, and we see choices give around 10-25 points each.
    Last edited by torftw; 2011-06-12 at 05:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it depends on how they design the servers. I just hope they won't do the same misstake as blizzard did with their servers. The PvE servers of WoW are lame and boring. The PvP servers died with flying mounts.

I really hope they can find a nice balance between the two, and let the flying stay in the vacuum of space. (Not counting speeders and other hoovercrafts, as long as they stay close to the ground)
    I get ya. I think they'll learn from past mistakes. Flying is kept to space, so that's good.

@Ash
    Damn you. Now that song is stuck in my head. Lol

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Deleted
    I don't think they are planning on the inclusion of flying mounts. I also don't think we will see those at all. Thank God for that. You have your speederbikes for planetside traveling and your space ship for intergallactic travel.

@Ash
    Damn you. Now that song is stuck in my head. Lol
    Owned!

Also something I just figured, wasn't one of the Troopers in the Taral V flashpoint named Balgosa?
    Last edited by mmocb95650c314; 2011-06-12 at 05:28 PM.

Deleted
    Do you get to pick the look of your spaceship? Can you buy new ones / trade them?

No flying mounts in-game. Danny said it on Askajedi.com, I believe.

@Region (NA, EU) restrictions:
    Sean Dahlberg, the old community manager, said way back in 2009 I believe that they wanted people to be able to play between the regions. That's obviously not a confirmation, but it's a look a into the mindset of the developers.

On a speculation note, a lot of the reasons Blizzard separates NA and EU aren't applicable to EA. They are business reasons for the most part, and EA doesn't face a lot of the same hurdles Blizzard did when it launched WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PaddyMC89 View Post
    Do you get to pick the look of your spaceship? Can you buy new ones / trade them?
    Nope. Each class gets their own ship with Jedi Knight and Consular sharing the same one. And also the Sith Warrior and Inquisitor share the same ship.

Deleted
    Bah. Don't think I'll be getting the game then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bounty hunters should get jet pack instead of the speeder shit.

p;d song but star wars related.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheConsumer View Post
    Bounty hunters should get jet pack instead of the speeder shit.
    Which would be a sort of a flying mount. Something that they do not want to do. You get to use the backpack in your skills. Nothing else and I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyMC89 View Post
    Bah. Don't think I'll be getting the game then.
    no ofense to ya m8 but if u aint buying the game just cause of that, then u will be the one on the losing end. most of the time will be spent out of your spaceship so it doesnt even mater much how it looks. they may have costumization for the interiors later on but thats as far as they go now
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

The developers have been pretty negative towards the notion of flying mounts so I don't think we'll be seeing any of those.
    There's been plenty of discussion on the topic of realm segregation and it's safe to assume there will be PVP, PVE and RP-PVE servers available (RP-PVP still up there, I think).

Just because you feel that PVE servers are "lame and boring" doesn't mean others feel the same. I'm sure there will be plenty of players that dislike the notion of having to watch their backs constantly to fill up Bioware's PVE servers.
    Luckily, we'll have a choice of where we play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lackluster View Post
    Just because you feel that PVE servers are "lame and boring" doesn't mean others feel the same. I'm sure there will be plenty of players that dislike the notion of having to watch their backs constantly to fill up Bioware's PVE servers.
    Luckily, we'll have a choice of where we play.
    Indeed, maybe I chose the wrong words to describe how I feel about WoW PvE servers...
    I just think they are very predictable and non-challangeing. Maybe BioWare can make it more exciting, I dunno.

Deleted
    Indeed, maybe I chose the wrong words to describe how I feel about WoW PvE servers...
    I just think they are very predictable and non-challangeing. Maybe BioWare can make it more exciting, I dunno.
    That's fair enough. Personally I'll never play on a PvP server again, (unless I really run out of things to do and there's free transfers I suppose..) I've tried them before and I just cannot stand being ganked to that degree while levelling. The only WPVP I've ever seen (not counting WG/TB) was people kiting other people that are already in combat until they die.

Each to their own, I've seen a lot of people with your opinion, and I know that it's a very common one, but personally I wouldn't have it any other way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashbury View Post
    Which would be a sort of a flying mount. Something that they do not want to do. You get to use the backpack in your skills. Nothing else and I like that.
    It wouldn't have to be like a flying mount it could be like a speeder just hovering over the ground still it would be better and more BH-like.

This is truth.

---------- Post added 2011-06-12 at 07:16 AM ----------

Tord, while you haven't come in here and explicitly said TOR blows, you have undertones in nearly every post. Perhaps you don't even mean that to convey, but it is.

Any chance you can take a step back and perhaps rephrase certain things you were going to say, that way it doesn't look like you are semi trolling?

Thanks. I appreciate it. =)

Old habbit from WoW TBC time. Was a forum troll mixed with helping newbies on the Paladin forum. I for some reason always sound angry and very very offensive when I type. ^^

I should put smilies behind everything I say, so I sound happy !

See? It works!

Haha, that's okay. Everyone has their own preference of how to play the game.

I've always played on PVP realms myself but I must admit there have been times at which I've regretted it.
    Of course, revenge quickly dismissed any doubts.

I'd really hate having to let alliance take a mining node without being able to murder them.