10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolman View Post
    Yup. My money bet on december to february. There is no reason for earlier release. Act 3 isnt tested yet (i think), so why assuming the game is gonna release in month or 3?It might be delayed to March 2012. We can wait. As we always did since the announcement.
    They have been promising a 2011 release date, so I'm going to say December and maybe November but that I doubt. They haven't even started testing operations except for maybe some internal testing and trust me they want this game to be as highly polished as possible so it just might take a while (look at firelands)

So how is character customization? Do we get to use body sliders or am I a buff-built human male trooper by default?

As far as I know, yes, they are still saying a 2011 release as of yesterday. They got a forum ban thing going on.

Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo View Post
    They have been promising a 2011 release date, so I'm going to say December and maybe November but that I doubt. They haven't even started testing operations except for maybe some internal testing and trust me they want this game to be as highly polished as possible so it just might take a while (look at firelands)
    Or the Operations have already been extensively tested in house, and isn't going to be released on the Beta. Rift did it, it works well that way, so Operations don't get leaked out and people don't know exactly what to expect.

I'm sure they have enough testers to test a 20ish man dungeon over and over and break it several times over by now.

As far as I know, yes, they are still saying a 2011 release as of yesterday. They got a forum ban thing going on.
    Yep, they are still slated for a 2011 release. They are banning people that are talking about it now, they say its because there are to many people giving "False" information.

I bet its because they are going to give out a date soon.
    Last edited by Eldar45; 2011-06-21 at 11:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 7empest View Post
    So how is character customization? Do we get to use body sliders or am I a buff-built human male trooper by default?
    As of now, there are 4 default body types. Skinny, normal, buff, and fat. Females are skinny, model-ish, amazon, and slightly curvy.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Deleted
    I can't decide between female human or female Twi'lek for my consular, WTB more ingame shots of them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    I can't decide between female human or female Twi'lek for my consular, WTB more ingame shots of them.
    That's like having trouble deciding if you should go for the newest Toyota or the newest Aston Martin....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    That's like having trouble deciding if you should go for the newest Toyota or the newest Aston Martin....
    Well I'm British so as much as I'd love an Aston, I know it would break down rather quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, I'm going to let you all in on a little secret that hasn't really been talked about, though it was there in front of our eyes the whole time.

You know how armor and weapons have slots for upgrades? Like a blaster might have a trigger, barrel, and a scope; or a piece of armor has an underlay, overlay, circuitry, and a harness? If not, you haven't seen much of the leaks or looked at videos as closely as others.

Well anyway, what's been seen but not mentioned is exactly HOW those pieces get their stat values. If you have a piece of armor with 0 available modification slots, it might give 10 armor, 10 stam, and 10 strength. If you have that same piece of armor and it has 1 modification slot, and you put an underlay mod that had the stats: 6 stam and 6 strength, the tooltip will read: 10 armor, 16 stam, and 16 strength. See how that works?

So, say you get a truly awesome looking chest piece. In a few levels, you get another that has better stats, but does not look as cool. If you have the mods to insert into your old chest, you can essentially make that old piece as good as the new piece stat-wise.

Understand what this means? Vanity slots/appearance tabs are somewhat in the game, but with a twist. Simply upgrade the mods to upgrade the item. Keep your awesome look!

I'm not 100% sure if a stat like armor (or dps for a weapon), which is important, would also scale or not. This could be a deal breaker if it doesn't. BUT, at end-game when all the cool looking shit is dropping, a few armor won't mean as much to many people as the look of their toon. I've heard rumor that armor and dps are affected though.

So, I thought I'd throw this bone out there for y'all. Hope that makes you a happy camper. =)
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-06-22 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Well I'm British so as much as I'd love an Aston, I know it would break down rather quickly.
    Silly man, you don't drive that car. You use it to attract women.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    epic!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    So, say you get a truly awesome looking chest piece. In a few levels, you get another that has better stats, but does not look as cool. If you have the mods to insert into your old chest, you can essentially make that old piece as good as the new piece stat-wise. Understand what this means? Vanity slots/appearance tabs are somewhat in the game, but with a twist. Simply upgrade the mods to upgrade the item. Keep your awesome look!
    But wouldn't upgrading the new one make it higher stats again? Few are the people who would take aesthetic over function in an MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    But wouldn't upgrading the new one make it higher stats again? Few are the people who would take aesthetic over function in an MMO.
    Stats aren't based on the item itself. They are based on the mods. The mods determine the stats the item has in entirety. So you can throw the best mods on the worst gear, and it would theoretically be a great price of gear at that point.

You don't add more mods to an existing item. You replace the mids it already has on it.
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-06-22 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 7empest View Post
    Q. How would you rate the character creation system for TOR out of 10, if ten were something like APB's character creation and 1 were WoW's?

A. 5/10 or 6/10. APB is amazing, but there is quite a bit more choice than WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I follow the SWTOR dev tracker. I just read a quote and Dev response that I love.

Quote Originally Posted by Altyrell
    I wonder if any of these will get answered and Stephen Reid, don't just come in and lock it saying that you will get back to us with the answers. Cause, judging by how you didn't reopen the 1st version of this thread with answers, they would be bs on your part if you were to come and do that again.
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenReid Response
    I actually didn't forget - I have the questions saved, and have compiled some answers - but we've all had a busy few months.

I'm not going to lock this thread, but this isn't open season on new questions. We'll answer the questions we can from the original thread, as I mentioned, and we'll do it when the developers in question have time to answer them.

Your general attitude here doesn't help your cause in getting these questions answered, either. We are not going to be dictated to by you or anyone else in the community. If you're patient and civil, you'll get decent communication and discussion. If you're impatient and rude, it won't improve things.
    I know we are all itching for answers. We have our own assumptions based off previously released information and personal experience with MMOs and Betas. But, there is ABSOLUTELY ZERO reason to become hostile at either your fellow posters or the Devs of this or any game. The tone of this thread is, overall, positive but I hate when I come into the thread to see people attacking each other and being terrible.

As I've said before, I can't moderate this thread. I can't keep it as clean as I'd like, so I'm asking everyone who has been hear to try to keep it positive and keep the conversation and thread moving forward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually I'd be one of the few.

Few are the people who would take aesthetic over function in an MMO.
    If my priest's t6 set had the stats of 353 items, I would gladly wear that over full 359 t11.

I think this is a very large piece that game developers miss. The way your armor looks is important.

Would you trade your [Ultimate Bloodsoaked Raiment of Badassery] for a giant pink bunny costume to gain 1% extra stats?

Scratch that I'd love to dps in a bunny suit, but you know what I mean.
    Last edited by smashzu; 2011-06-22 at 12:33 AM.

if i get invited to the beta i might give my key to someone else, i don't want to play the game before it is ready

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    3 acts. And as for quests not taking long to test... You are vastly underestimating this game imo.
    well if thats the case trolls, question

how long would it really take for people to get through Act one and 2?, and if people are still working on getting past act 2 how long has it been, if thats the case wouldnt act 3 be fixed up later on while everyone is playing act 1 and 2 or did just everyone take their time in beta?

Edit: i could just be very tired and not thinking correctly
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    well if thats the case trolls, question

how long would it really take for people to get through Act one and 2?, and if people are still working on getting past act 2 how long has it been, if thats the case wouldnt act 3 be fixed up later on while everyone is playing act 1 and 2 or did just everyone take their time in beta?

Edit: i could just be very tired and not thinking correctly
    They get full character and server reset every few builds.
    They said it was going to be 200 hours to get to level 50.