10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashbury View Post
    No reverse grip seen so far.
    See:
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos SWTOR.com
    I personally dont care one way or another. If it is an option then I will go with the traditional grip myself but there is a video with a Jedi using the reverse grip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgMNW...el_video_title

check about 7:55 ish. There seems to be a pvp battle going on and a Jedi Knight is using the reverse grip on the blue lightsabers.
    You see a Jedi Sentinel with one of his Lightsabers in the reverse position. It's been seen, but not confirmed as a stance or anything

WOOT its back and also im back, had to read like 30 odd pages after being on holiday!.....right now to say something OT, erm hmmm friday update was shit already seen that stuff a million times.Could at least give us something new!

Quote Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post
    ///hiiiiiiiiiiiii
    well if you think about it, Coruscant has after all been more of a republic city, home of the Senate and the Jedi Temple. That would be like an alliance character complaining that Orgrimmar is a horde only city.

But I see what you're getting at, my timeline could be thrown off. But I'm sure there's a Empire only city in the game.
    Last edited by Yum; 2011-06-26 at 03:25 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    Do you honestly expect that that site is going to explode in popularity. Both DH and Sithwarrior have practically no community action right now. DH has had I think 3 forum posts today. Sothwarrior has had 1. That is a pretty typical day in those forums. The last posts on some of the class forums was months ago. This single thread, on a Wow fansite no less, has more information and more discussion than you can find in DH and SW combined. This thread alone adds more posts in a day than either of those websites do in weeks. Unless something drastically changes I would certainly expect that the actual SWTOR website will remain the most popular website for discussion and information unless those sites pick up a ton of traffic.

---------- Post added 2011-06-26 at 11:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I'm really hoping that Jedi Knights are more popular than Jedi Consulars, and likewise for Sith Warriors and Sith Inquisitors.
    I would certainly wager that that will end up being the case. JK will certainly be the casual SW fan class of choice as they are just stating the game.

Noticed in the Betaleak Q+A the tester reckoned a October 4th release date, obviously based on his testing and how far along he thinks they are.What do you think of this? I was thinking a september release, i dont mind waiting till october as long as its this year tbh im cool!

Deleted
    I'm still hoping DH becomes my forum of choice for theorycrafting needs. Looking information from SWTOR forums is almost as bad as Blizzard's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osskssa View Post
    Noticed in the Betaleak Q+A the tester reckoned a October 4th release date, obviously based on his testing and how far along he thinks they are.What do you think of this? I was thinking a september release, i dont mind waiting till october as long as its this year tbh im cool!
    Speculation, nothing more. You need to have an overview of the entire game to ascertain a release, rather than have limited knowledge in a single area. He has not experienced the entirety of the game, thus cannot judge fairly. I am also expecting a September release.

As for the Jedi Knight and Sith Warrior popularity - well, yes, they will be very popular. But so will Inquisitors and Consulars. In fact, I think that out of them all the Inquisitor will be the most played one. I know I, for sure, will make one. I haven't seen even a tiny bit of the story but I have a strong feeling it will be very good.

The tester, on his Twitter acct, mentioned something about having a source in BW who said Oct 4 is what BW was aiming for. This was the exchange:

Kelts1727
    @DarthRickRoss Just curious over ure rumoured release date anything to back it up? or is it just a feeling? :P

DarthRickRoss Rick Ross
    @Kelts1727 I did some of my own research and a little birdie who was a temp dev gave me a soft confirm that was the date they were (cont.)
    @Kelts1727 aiming for while he was there #SWTOR
    #UNNH

T
    he important part is really RR's second tweet. Don't get hopes high, it's not WHEN it will be released, but rather what BW was allegedly aiming for some time in the past.

It's not a lot, possibly not anything at all.

Deleted
    As for the Jedi Knight and Sith Warrior popularity - well, yes, they will be very popular. But so will Inquisitors and Consulars. In fact, I think that out of them all the Inquisitor will be the most played one. I know I, for sure, will make one. I haven't seen even a tiny bit of the story but I have a strong feeling it will be very good.

I'm still torn between the Consular and the Inquisitor. I NEED that Consular update. Next friday pretty pretty please

15+ Year Old Account
    and I am torn between Sith Juggernaut and Sith Marauder. . . can't make up my damn mind!

Of course I'll make a Sith Assassin, a Bounty Hunter, a Jedi Knight hell... I will make all available classes my alts the next years but my main will be a Sith Warrior. It's the AC that's troubling me... I like both of them so damn much!

Deleted
    Bah, got a warning on the BioWare forums for owning one of the lame trolls there. I defend their game and try to chastise the trolls from their forums and they give me a warning. Way to show support. Of course I might have gone a little over the top with the way I addressed the guy and how I very intelligently mentioned, briefly, his lack of higher brain function in a very polite way, but nothing too serious. Damn.

On the classes thing - I will make all of them to see what the story is. I love story.

Oh, I got another warning. Haha, those moderators suck donkey balls. Too bad I can't reply. I am not getting invited into the beta anyway. Might as well piss them off and make them ban me. I will go out with a bang that's for sure.
    Last edited by mmocb95650c314; 2011-06-26 at 04:28 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Bah, got a warning on the BioWare forums for owning one of the lame trolls there. I defend their game and try to chastise the trolls from their forums and they give me a warning. Way to show support. Of course I might have gone a little over the top with the way I addressed the guy and how I very intelligently mentioned, briefly, his lack of higher brain function in a very polite way, but nothing too serious. Damn.

On the classes thing - I will make all of them to see what the story is. I love story.
    Same here buddy! I'm a sucker for story/lore! That's why I'm so happy about TOR and it's many classes' stories and sidetracks depending on decisions

I have gotten a warning from BioWare as well in the past for defending TOR to a WoW fanatic troll/doomsayer of TOR some time ago 2009 I think or early 2010. As I explained to the community managers on an email I sent them, I expressed my understanding for giving both of us (me and the troll) a warning. It shows integrity and not that they promote the mindless fanboy'ism for TOR.

And for that I respected them even more.

Quote Originally Posted by tnpm View Post
    when i make my SW vette will be converted that i can assure you
    I dont think that is possible, u are thinking about KOTOR style of companions where SWTOR is using DA:O style
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilus View Post
    Same here buddy! I'm a sucker for story/lore! That's why I'm so happy about TOR and it's many classes' stories and sidetracks depending on decisions

I have gotten a warning from BioWare as well in the past for defending TOR to a WoW fanatic troll/doomsayer of TOR some time ago 2009 I think or early 2010. As I explained to the community managers on an email I sent them, I expressed my understanding for giving both of us (me and the troll) a warning. It shows integrity and not that they promote the mindless fanboy'ism for TOR.

And for that I respected them even more.
    I don't. Why even allow such posts? None of those fit into the general discussion category and they did remove the off-topic boards. How does 'ToR sucks balls. Blizz owns all' fit into the description of a well thought out post that gives opportunity for constructive criticism(what they seem to try and promote)? It simply doesn't. Yet they leave those and then warn/infract the people who jump to actually chase the stupid troll away. I don't go all zerker on threads that have reasonable complaints/criticism in them. I do on the aforementioned ones and I get warnings for writing "Piss Off" while the troll walks away unscathed

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it just me or does clicking on page 325 send me on an infinite loop of page 324 D: ?!
    (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴏwɴ sᴄʀᴜʙ (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง - (ง •̀_•́)ง ʏᴇᴀʜ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ɪᴛ! (ง •̀_•́)ง

Quote Originally Posted by Ujio View Post
    Is it just me or does clicking on page 325 send me on an infinite loop of page 324 D: ?!
    Yea, it does that from time to time.

Yay, we are back!

10+ Year Old Account
    I just watched the Republic Trooper demo on Youtube (its by some guy called FTW broadcasting or something). From what the guy said in the video, The trooper (specifically the commando) is going to have Heavy armor, healing capabilities and according to Bioware "one of the highest burst dps damage classes in the game". This sounds incredibly overpowered. I hope for Bioware's sake that they find a way to balance this, extremly OP classes tend to ruin it for the other people.

I plan on being a Smuggler, specifically a gunslinger, so if the commando is extremly OP it wont be a bad thing for me in PVP, but when i run flashpoints and raids, i dont want it to be completly useless to try to match the DPS of a commando.

Has any1 played the demo's at E3 and can confirm or deny this? or can somebody tell me that a gunslinger is jsut as awesome as a commando?

But, even if a gunslinger cant match a trooper, then i will still probally play a gunslinger. Since im such a sucker for story, i want to experience the non structured attitude of a smuggler, as opposed to very structured attitude of a trooper.

Quote Originally Posted by Carmakazie View Post
    I just watched the Republic Trooper demo on Youtube (its by some guy called FTW broadcasting or something). From what the guy said in the video, The trooper (specifically the commando) is going to have Heavy armor, healing capabilities and according to Bioware "one of the highest burst dps damage classes in the game". This sounds incredibly overpowered.
    I think it's pretty obvious that troopers won't have all of this simultaneously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well hello again everyone. =)

---------------------------------------------

Don't worry about the Commando being OP. They'll do everything they can to make things equal. There will be lapses though. All classes can kick ass.

--------------------------------------------------

AC swapping should be super extremely limited after the 1st one or 2 times doing it. It needs to be there so when I find out I don't care for my Mercs playstyle, I can try the Powertech without needing to roll a new BH. STILL, it is switching a rogue to a mage, or a rogue to a paladin, or a lock to a hunter, etc. ACs are 100% seperate classes.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

On Darth Hater - I'm fairly positive its the highest traffic Sw:Tor fan-site out there, despite an apparent lack of community. (They can also be huge forum Nazi's... delete posts constantly), they do have a public vent that seems to get a decent bit of traffic as well.

On Beta Cake / Rick Ross - I would take the things he says or has said with a grain of salt, hes already been proven to be wrong on several occasions, his speculation is no more accurate than yours, mine, or anyone else, given that hes basing his speculation on "a feeling" and supposedly what some "temporary dev"(wtf is that) told him... rather than logic, fact, and apparent coincidence, I would say its probably less accurate.