10+ Year Old Account
    From Stephen Reid:
    Just to reassure all Jedi Consular fans, there's plenty of JC lurve coming down the line. In fact I was watching footage just this morning featuring a Jedi Consular... starring in their very own video.

Also as an FYI, we're planning to do Character Progression videos for all classes, ultimately, and given their new 'style' we decided to re-do the Bounty Hunter. (The game has improved graphically since the previous video was created, too, so that's a bonus.)

Anyway - the Consular has not been forgotten, far from it... and you'll see for yourself... soon (TM).
    Next week perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post
    I understand the point u are trying to make but lets take it to the next level
    Example:
    BioWare is your GF
    She is "teasing" u for the past 3 years without giving u any "sexytime" , not tell me how do u feel in that manner ?
    Teasing is kinda on a same level as anticipation , its good in certain dosage but when people are abusing it it produces negative effects or should i say opposite of desired effects
    I understand your point to a degree, and do understand where you are coming from. Despite my talk about controlling my anticipation, I would be lying if I didn't say that I am eager for this game to be out and will be one of the first in line on the release.

But it is just a game when it all comes down to it, there's more things for me to be more concerned about from a realistic standpoint. And there are problems with your analogy.In a relationship there is a certain 'even ground' and expecting the 'sexy time' is normal. With the game company, they hold all the cards and owe us nothing. They have been kind enough to supply us with what we have seen so far, but they could have chosen to be silent up to release if they so chose.

*edited cause my comp went crazy and started adding in coding to the message. <_<*

**Just read back through the posts and I like Troll's analogy better then my explanation. We are the ones demanding stuff from someone that doesn't really have any obligation to give it to us. Obviously BW wants the game to be successful and work around this whole hype ordeal leading up to release the best they can. But I believe releasing things when they are ready to be shown and withholding that which is not is a much better decision then just throwing out information to appease the masses. I don't have a lot of experience with this sort of planning, just what thinking about it leads me to believe.
    Last edited by Cel; 2011-07-01 at 10:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
    KOTOR is for sale today on Steam for $2.50
    You are a beautiful person! Thanks.

It's been 3 years since I last played KOTOR. The first 17 times must've worn me out a tiny bit. Downloading from Steam now.

I dug out my old KOTOR disks about a month ago to play it again and spent a entire Sunday cracking my legally bought copy simply so it'd work on my windows 7 computer... ><

Totally worth it...

Quote Originally Posted by Cel View Post
    I dug out my old KOTOR disks about a month ago to play it again and spent a entire Sunday cracking my legally bought copy simply so it'd work on my windows 7 computer... ><

Totally worth it...
    Lol had same thing.

Haven't played it in years, and now..
    It was just mocking me from it's dust gathering DVD rack..
    'You can't play TOR but I'm still here..' it whispered.

I took the challenge, and it put up a massive fight to go onto my PC.

But it was worth it!

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by greevir View Post
    From Stephen Reid:

Next week perhaps.
    Didn't Blizzard trademark "soon"? SUE SUE SUE SUE

kotor one on sale?

Well, might as well give up hunting down copies for xbox >.< I wanted to get it to go alongside my kotor two copy. Everytime I ask about closest copy at my local game store they replay Puerto Rico, New York... Maine and Oregon T.T

Ok I've got a website up and running, temporarily under: http://torbase.tk/

It's supposed to be much more expanded with some cool features etc. it's design is not definite
    I'm not really a writer personally but if anyone else feels like blogging about TOR you can PM me and I can get you a private account to post articles and explain how to use it.

Hope there are some guys or galls interested, once it has some content (aside from the copied content I currently have) I can start promoting it around.

The main goal of the website is to post impressions from various events, other websites, reviews etc. etc. I think beta content will be hard to keep without getting BioWare on my ass so that'll be limited but I'll see whats possible to get as close to as not breaking the NDA.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    kotor one on sale?

Well, might as well give up hunting down copies for xbox >.< I wanted to get it to go alongside my kotor two copy. Everytime I ask about closest copy at my local game store they replay Puerto Rico, New York... Maine and Oregon T.T
    Check Steam its at 2.49$ today
    For that price you cant go wrong, even if i already have it for my old xbox

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora View Post
    Check Steam its at 2.49$ today
    For that price you cant go wrong, even if i already have it for my old xbox
    That's just a freakin' insult!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by greevir View Post
    From Stephen Reid:

Next week perhaps.
    When the gave us Trooper's progression video they show us how he heals (even that it was for a second) and I hoped that they would did it again with BH. Did I missed it?

They first showed us JK then it's mirror image SW, Trooper and BH and I think JC is next if they'll keep this up.

JK 03.25.2011
    SW 04.22.2011
    Trooper 05.28.2011
    BH 07.01.2011

I speculate that next one will be JC and since they usually put new progression videos every 30 days I would it say next one is on 07.29.2011

On the other hand, with the first parts of beta being polished and the time of launch is getting near I would also suggest that JC is coming in two weeks, on 07.15 and then SI on 07.29

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeraze View Post

It's supposed to be much more expanded with some cool features etc. it's design is not definite
    I'm not really a writer personally but if anyone else feels like blogging about TOR you can PM me and I can get you a private account to post articles and explain how to use it.

Hope there are some guys or galls interested, once it has some content (aside from the copied content I currently have) I can start promoting it around.

The main goal of the website is to post impressions from various events, other websites, reviews etc. etc. I think beta content will be hard to keep without getting BioWare on my ass so that'll be limited but I'll see whats possible to get as close to as not breaking the NDA.
    Address is not valid is all I'm seeing.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Why you want to roll Trooper:

Your assumption that the next progression highlight is coming in 2 weeks is just silly. If that was the case, they wouldn't have increased the time between the third and the fourth video. It's likely that you'll get it in the end of July/start of August, then they might step down step by step, but randomly jumping from 4 weeks to 2 just because of very flawed assumptions (The part where Part 3 was just released for Beta testing convinced me it's far from done) on your behalf is just not right.
    Last edited by Yuanrang; 2011-07-01 at 11:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeraze View Post

MAH!! KEYZ!!!! But seriously, I never like it when I get one of those "Alert Windows" that pop up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuanrang View Post
    Your assumption that the next progression highlight is coming in 2 weeks is just silly. If that was the case, they wouldn't have increased the time between the third and the fourth video. It's likely that you'll get it in the end of July/start of August, then they might step down step by step, but randomly jumping from 4 weeks to 2 just because of very flawed assumptions (The part where Part 3 was just released for Beta testing convinced me it's far from done) on your behalf is just not right.
    I do think that they'll release each new progression video every 4 week but they should also add a little extra for the fridays between. Last month it was filled with E3 stuff so they should either add new, different kind of content (warzones, companions whatever) or cut down the time from 4 to 2 weeks.

The release of Part 3 means that Part 1 and 2 are a little more polished and in our case, it means abilities and gears look good enough to be seen on video. As the developer said:

Also as an FYI, we're planning to do Character Progression videos for all classes, ultimately, and given their new 'style' we decided to re-do the Bounty Hunter. (The game has improved graphically since the previous video was created, too, so that's a bonus.)

Anyway - the Consular has not been forgotten, far from it... and you'll see for yourself... soon (TM).
    That's my though, maybe I'm jumping on conclusions

2.50? ah sure why not been too long since I've played KOTOR what's another 5-6 times.

It's odd, on his torbase.tk link I get an address not valid popup, then it loads it anyway.

A question unrelated to the recent conversation, but will there be Reps in SWTOR?
    There were around 7,000 Greeks in total at the Battle of Thermopylae.
    Not just the Spartans and a few inept imbeciles to play clean up.
    Friends don't let friends listen to Zach Snyder/

I'd hope not considering they don't want grinding. rep grinding is one of the worst things in WoW. could be some kind of rep with the neutral factions though? I wouldn't know.