10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by neohero9 View Post
    Ah, don't listen to them.

Quote Originally Posted by link064 View Post
    Well, if we consider each AC to have two possible roles, then we can see the ratio of tanks to healers to dps. We'll just look at the Republic side for this example:

Guardian: dps, tank
    Sentinel: dps, dps
    Vanguard: dps, tank
    Commando: dps, heals
    Sage: dps, heals
    Shadow: dps, tank
    Gunslinger: dps, dps
    Scoundrel: dps, heals

So the ratio for tanks:heals:dps is 3:3:10, or roughly 1:1:3 (which would make 5-man groups great). If we assume that double-dps classes only consume 1 spot, then the ratio goes to 3:3:8, which is still less higher the optimal 1:1:2. The ratio is still better than WoW's 4:5:22 (or roughly 1:1:5), which could definitely be a good thing. We'll have to see how high the adoption rate for tanks and healers over dps will be. I know I'll be doing my part as a Jedi Sage, primarily healing.
    Ideally I'd love to have it like Rift, where I can have as many specs as I want provided I'm willing to pay the amazing fees for them. Given my options I'd probably do the following on a Consular/Inquisitor.
    Melee DPS
    Ranged DPS
    Heals
    Tank.

Rogues are great for soloing, ranged is imo, easiest in group, especially if there's a lot of mobs or highly mobile combat, and I've always enjoyed healing.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    Mystik we were discussing those ar'eound 775 or so i think, interesting leak but we def need alot more info before anything can be debated really.
    I mostly skimmed the last 10 pages but yeah I saw some discussion.

it gives us info on how loot is done and that operations will be 8 and 16 player so good info.

Quote Originally Posted by K0ng View Post
    maybe it's just me, but i have never been in a Pug with the advent of the Dungeonbrowser, that was fun.
    I was tanking for a group of 4 obviously asshole kids once, kept pulling mobs across the entire place, tell me to pull faster. Being total jackasses about how awesome they were and how they had a raid in 30 minutes. I told them to relax and the one dude cussed me out, they didnt want to boot me cause i was the tank.
    So before the next boss I said "Ready check inc!" Voted to kick his ass and put Ready Check for the reason, and his buddies kicked him out of party.

This was a great moment in WoW history.

Also one question, are your companion npcs going to stay with you in, lets say, a 20 player raid? I arbitrarily picked the number 20, it has no real meaning other than to be an example. If so every class with be a hunter like in WoW. I am just interested in knowing if you companions are going to be an extension of you like the hunter class in WoW. Even though i have not heard of this before i began wondering if this was going to be true, you build a relationship with your companions so why would they not come along with you in either PvP or PvE end-game.

Just wondering

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Ideally I'd love to have it like Rift, where I can have as many specs as I want provided I'm willing to pay the amazing fees for them. Given my options I'd probably do the following on a Consular/Inquisitor.
    Melee DPS
    Ranged DPS
    Heals
    Tank.

Rogues are great for soloing, ranged is imo, easiest in group, especially if there's a lot of mobs or highly mobile combat, and I've always enjoyed healing.
    If they include dual spec it will most likely be within your AC only, they have made it very clear that respeccing ACs although doable will be a once or 2-3 times thing max.

---------- Post added 2011-07-28 at 05:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by matters View Post
    Also one question, are your companion npcs going to stay with you in, lets say, a 20 player raid? I arbitrarily picked the number 20, it has no real meaning other than to be an example. If so every class with be a hunter like in WoW. I am just interested in knowing if you companions are going to be an extension of you like the hunter class in WoW. Even though i have not heard of this before i began wondering if this was going to be true, you build a relationship with your companions so why would they not come along with you in either PvP or PvE end-game.

Just wondering
    They fill up a slot just like a player would, so a 4 man flashpoint with 2 player and 2 companions is full.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was tanking for a group of 4 obviously asshole kids once, kept pulling mobs across the entire place, tell me to pull faster. Being total jackasses about how awesome they were and how they had a raid in 30 minutes. I told them to relax and the one dude cussed me out, they didnt want to boot me cause i was the tank.
    So before the next boss I said "Ready check inc!" Voted to kick his ass and put Ready Check for the reason, and his buddies kicked him out of party.

This was a great moment in WoW history.
    As much as I loved doing that, I really wish they would add a "Are you sure?" confirmation box for things like that or leaving a guild. Too many things can happen simultaneously and it would be nice to have a "oh crap, I didn't mean to hit that" screen.

Deleted
    Afaik companions are only for questing content. You won't see them in raids and they are, according to beta testers, a horrible fill-in in flashpoints.

Quote Originally Posted by mystik View Post
    this was posted before but got lost in the pages. it was on the official forums.

imo 8-16 raids sound great and less crowded but ..... this sounds like an awesome loot system. everyone gets a bag that includes badges + class gear. no ninja'ing. no fighting over items. everyone is happy. I could definitely deal with this over the WOW system.
    This is a fact? I'm sorry if im being a bit skeptical. This sounds like a great loot system, rewards for EVERYONE that participated in the encounter not just rewards for those with the most DKP or what have you. This sounds like the most fair loot system i have heard of in an MMO to date. If you would be so kind, could you link that forum post from the official forums?

10+ Year Old Account
    Afaik companions are only for questing content. You won't see them in raids and they are, according to beta testers, a horrible fill-in in flashpoints.
    For healing at least is what I've heard too. I imagine they'd make fairly good dps.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    This is a fact? I'm sorry if im being a bit skeptical. This sounds like a great loot system, rewards for EVERYONE that participated in the encounter not just rewards for those with the most DKP or what have you. This sounds like the most fair loot system i have heard of in an MMO to date. If you would be so kind, could you link that forum post from the official forums?
    http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=399584

Ok, because that sounds like bad game design if 2 players could take on a 4 man instance because of their 'pets'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, because that sounds like bad game design if 2 players could take on a 4 man instance because of their 'pets'.
    yea, i think only in the very first flashpoints for either side (Essells and Black Talon) will two people and two companions will be able to finish the place. After that, i am pretty sure you will need 4 people.

Quote Originally Posted by Carmakazie View Post
    yea, i think only in the very first flashpoints for either side (Essells and Black Talon) will two people and two companions will be able to finish the place. After that, i am pretty sure you will need 4 people.
    Eh, like others have said, the companion dps is rather good, so I think a tank and healer with dps companions would be fine, but not necessarily the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Eh, like others have said, the companion dps is rather good, so I think a tank and healer with dps companions would be fine, but not necessarily the other way around.
    Might work with tank and dps and 2 heal companions as well, but I hear that the heal companions are a little weak.
    Proud member of the SWTOR champagne room. Haters gonna hate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Not sure if it's been posted already but new betacake is on - http://betacake.blogspot.com/2011/07...-datacron.html

• Human - All Classes
    • Zabrak - All Classes
    • Twi'lek - All Classes
    • Cyborgs - All Classes
    • Mirialan - TR, JK, JC, SM
    • Miraluka - JK, JC
    • Sith Pureblood - SW, SI
    • Rattataki - BH, IA, SW, SI
    • Chiss - BH, IA
    It seems pretty mirrored except the Empire has 1 more race than the Republic (Chiss), which means the Empire has two more class race combinations more than the Republic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I think we have to take into consideration that "pets" will be as close to a full-blown player as BioWare can get them. Since their mobs are being positioned in "packs" you basically NEED that second body otherwise you're screwed.

Just, be kind.

Daniel Erickson made a comment during E3 I believe how him and another guy were two manning a "heroic" flashpoint, he may have used a different word than heroic.

I love this aspect though, 2 extremely competent players (tank and healer since the companions wont fill in well) can go into a flashpoint and go through it.

My wife and I will be doing this, even if it is difficult and takes forever, challenged like these are fun, and i love having the option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    It seems pretty mirrored except the Empire has 1 more race than the Republic (Chiss), which means the Empire has two more class race combinations more than the Republic.
    I get why, but I still don't like Chiss being empire only. We know little of the Chiss in general, only that they're a major power in the Outer Rim and that they're all individuals with strong family ties, a strong code of honor, and that Thrawn was dishonored among the Chiss and exiled for his actions.

Realistically, if Chiss could be Jedi or Sith, we know everyone any their mother would be playing Drizzet.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Carmakazie View Post
    In my opinion it might actually be harder at lower levels with the limited skills and lower power of your companions to do this. I would imagine the higher level flashpoints would be easier to do with a broader skillset and increased companion strength.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion it might actually be harder at lower levels with the limited skills and lower power of your companions to do this. I would imagine the higher level flashpoints would be easier to do with a broader skillset and increased companion strength.
    that is also a viable outcome. i guess we wont know still we actually try it