4P tank tier worth it?

Title says it, is 4p tank worth more than the stats lost from tier with hit?

Situationally, yes.

If on a fight like H Chogal you're relying on IBF for an extended time during one of his absorb phases, it wins out.
    Overall the loss is minor.

Deleted
    I would also go for it. I really would like to have it, but stupid druids keep winning the roles for the shoulders.

Sounds good! and yea, me and our druid are fully os'd out and still seeing vanq drop off of cho > >. Just waiting on nef to wanna do the same lol

Definitely worth it, those extra seconds could save your life (and makes healers happier).

What should be mentioned is why does Blizzard give such crappy two set bonuses?

It definitely helps give vital more seconds of damage reduction on Heroic Mode encounters. So yes i'd say it is worth it...

What's more to be said is why did they take the easy road out and just homogonize every tank set to give Exactly the same effect. A person's Tier is the one of the few things these days that separates them from another class. Why they had to half ruin the effect of it and being blatantly lazy and just give all tanks exactly the same effect instead of creating interesting little separate bonuses for each class annoys the hell out of me.

DK's haven't been around as long as other classes so it's hard to compare it as easily since homogenization begun in WOTLK. But if you take the Old Warrior tiers for example; 8 set Tier 1 gave you 15% increase of threat generated from Sunder Armor, 2 set Tier 6 enabled your commanding shout to give 170 more HP making a warrior tank with 2 set give a better buff then the priests, Tier 8 they gave you a 20% magic reduction when you used Shield Block and Death Knights gained a 10% Physical reduction when they used Anti-Magic Shell, Tier 4 warrior allowed you to gain a shield absorbing damage after you parried an attack.

Cool little set bonuses like these made a class feel special, and even in some cases bring a better buff to the raid. I understand Homogenization is the route Blizzard is taking, but they should still make those who have raided enough to obtain the 4 set have something Unique. If anything though the Heroic Tier should have some new cool effect, but they completely "Shat" all over that and you gain absolutely no new bonuses from a heroic tier, just stam, armor and mitigation, makes a heroic tier upgrade feel even less special then initially obtaining a tier piece, complete rubbish imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Daverid View Post
    It definitely helps give vital more seconds of damage reduction on Heroic Mode encounters. So yes i'd say it is worth it...

What's more to be said is why did they take the easy road out and just homogonize every tank set to give Exactly the same effect. A person's Tier is the one of the few things these days that separates them from another class. Why they had to half ruin the effect of it and being blatantly lazy and just give all tanks exactly the same effect instead of creating interesting little separate bonuses for each class annoys the hell out of me.

DK's haven't been around as long as other classes so it's hard to compare it as easily since homogenization begun in WOTLK. But if you take the Old Warrior tiers for example; 8 set Tier 1 gave you 15% increase of threat generated from Sunder Armor, 2 set Tier 6 enabled your commanding shout to give 170 more HP making a warrior tank with 2 set give a better buff then the priests, Tier 8 they gave you a 20% magic reduction when you used Shield Block and Death Knights gained a 10% Physical reduction when they used Anti-Magic Shell, Tier 4 warrior allowed you to gain a shield absorbing damage after you parried an attack.

Cool little set bonuses like these made a class feel special, and even in some cases bring a better buff to the raid. I understand Homogenization is the route Blizzard is taking, but they should still make those who have raided enough to obtain the 4 set have something Unique. If anything though the Heroic Tier should have some new cool effect, but they completely "Shat" all over that and you gain absolutely no new bonuses from a heroic tier, just stam, armor and mitigation, makes a heroic tier upgrade feel even less special then initially obtaining a tier piece, complete rubbish imo.
    To be fair, it's expected. We're on Tier 11, and I'm pretty sure that Blizzard is starting to run out of set ideas. I'd much rather a "homogenized" 2pc set bonus on the first tier of each major content patch versus one of the later tiers.
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's nice for H chogal and magmaw (if you single tank) It's a very situational bonus

15+ Year Old Account
    If you use it every single CD, and the incoming damage is is relatively stable; it's a 1.6% damage reduction.
    The more you use it in burst phases (and why wouldn't you?) the better it gets.

its good take it !

gonna cry when i loose it

Quote Originally Posted by lyxxx060 View Post
    Definitely worth it, those extra seconds could save your life (and makes healers happier).

The DPS 2-set bonus for tier 9 and 10 were both amazing. Previous tiers of tank sets have given big threat increases.

This tier's 2 sets have been lackluster, yeah. The 4-sets are pretty damn awesome to make up.

Being one of those tanks that prefers premeditating cd's over the "OH #*$( @#(*@&# *#$&#*&$ I HAVE 10% HEALTH!! *spam click IBF bind*" but the overall duration increase for autoattacks and such will be nice ^ ^