Page 1 of 2
LastLast

waariors, what do you love about your class?

want a heavy armored thank as my next class (possible main) and so i'd like to know what is it that you guys love about your class.what makes it unique?
    thanks

ps:why cant we edit the topic title?!
    Last edited by ksaf; 2011-03-25 at 04:42 AM.

I love the mobility. Having so many options for getting around in a fight really is a god send. The aoe tanking capabilities are really strong with shield block, good aoe threat, an aoe stun and if you're going for a pure aoe tanking build blood craze isn't terrible (it is mostly terrible on single targets, in aoe situations it will have a higher up time)

I love the feel of warrior tanking, its fluid once you start getting hit. The cooldowns are varied and we have many tools for many situations (spell reflect, victory rush on add fights, heroic throw/gag order, great mobility etc), and once you start getting hit and start blocking rage is not an issue at all.

There are some downsides to Warriors too, like no reliable self healing that isn't a 3 min cooldown. Warriors are also very gear dependent and if you don't gear properly, healers won't like you. Our mastery is kind of RNG but even in mostly heroic and rep gear my crit block is around 30% which is pretty good. I can't think of too many glaring issues.

I have a lot of fun as a warrior tank, it feels primal and savage in a way.
    Devils used to be gods, angels that fell from the top.

Quote Originally Posted by M_10
    I once said "brb [posessive noun] [noun] [verb] [preposition] [article] [noun]." That group was probably confused.

What I used to love.

Quote Originally Posted by ksaf View Post
    want a heavy armored thank as my next class (possible main) and so i'd like to know what is it that you guys love about your class.what makes it unique?
    thanks

I don't care for my warrior any more. I could give you a list of reasons, but I'll just say that a DK has way more cool abilities and blizzard doesn't have huge issues trying to balance PVP vs PVE for DKs. Sure they have issues now and again, but Blizzard just can't get warriors right. I'm convinced they never will. I'm sure you weren't looking for a warrior rant. , but I do know that playing a DK is more fun for me and I think you would like them too.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is a "Waarior" ?

Else, I loved tanking

Stolen ... from elyssia .... mad elyssia?

i see another opportunity to link the wowpedia poem!!!!!! http://www.wowpedia.org/I_am_the_Warrior
    I am the Warrior.

When you see me, I will, most likely, not be attired formally. I will be encased in my steel. It will be dirty, bloody, and battered. I do not have a quick tongue or eloquent speech. I know nothing of the manners of the King's court, or the ettiquette of the formal ball.

I am known by many names. Tank. Meatshield. Fighter. Brawler. Corpse.

I am the Warrior.

I have not the capability, nor the inclination, to hide. I cannot strike from stealth with devastating blows, then fade into the darkness. I cannot incinerate a foe from twenty paces away. I cannot deal death from a distance, safe from the return attacks of my enemy. In order to kill, I must close with the enemy. I see his eyes. I smell his breath. I taste his fear. And he tastes mine.

I cannot bend Nature to do my bidding. I cannot tap into the Nether and force it to do what I command. I cannot study the arcane and master it to my control. I command nought but my mind, my body, and my will. It is by those, and those alone, that I stand or fall.

I have no friends on my journey. No walkers of the void, summoned from the Nether as servants and bodyguards. No loyal beasts of the plains or woods, to defend me and comfort me in my pain. My sole companion is my weapon. I must care for it better than any hunter has ever cared for his beast. I must master it more than any warlock has ever mastered his demon. Without me, it is useless. Without it, I am nothing.

I cannot heal. I cannot shield. I cannot call upon the gods and see my prayers answered. I call to the spirits of my ancestors in the heat of battle, and they are silent. My only ability to protect is to offer myself, my blood and bone and sinew, as a sacrifice. To draw the attacks of our foes. To take the blows that would kill a lesser being, and continue to fight on.

I cannot kill with the speed and grace of the rogue, the suddenness and shock of the hunter, or the flamboyance and power of the mage. When I kill, it is a slow business. Slow and bloody for all concerned, myself included. I fight on, pummeled and battered so that my companions may receive the glory of the kill and the wreaths of victory. If I die and they yet live, it is an expected sacrifice.

I come in all races, all sizes. I fight under a thousand flags, on a million battlefields. I am dismissed by the highborn, scorned by the noble, lectured by the priest, and forgotten by the peasant. Until the time when the trumpets of battle sound, and those who would destroy them come forth. And then the cry goes up..."Where, oh where, is the Warrior?"

Pray to your gods that I continue to answer that call.

Few do answer the call. Fewer still survive. It is a long and hard road, this way of the Warrior. Along it lie pain, and fear, and death. Scant rewards and scanter gratitude. At the end, for most, is an anonymous grave on some windblown battlefield. If they are lucky.

And yet, I fight on. I do not even know why. Perhaps for glory, perhaps for fame, perhaps for money, perhaps for my country, perhaps for my family. Perhaps it is simply all I know how to do. But fight I will. Whether you appreciate it or not. Whether you even notice it or not. I will be out there, on the battle lines. Fighting. Killing. Dying.

I am the Warrior.

Death is my business.

Be it yours...or mine.

warriors no matter what is nerfed we always hit like trucks

I am the Warrior. Death is my business. Be it yours...or mine.

Intercept/Charge/Heroic Leap (Yes, I love Heroic Leap)/Intervene
    Titan's Grip (Never gonna get over how awesome it is that I get to dual wield 2 handed weps)
    Spell Reflect (Eat that sheep, stupid mage)

10+ Year Old Account
    My main rule of thumb has been that if you do your damage while having to run away you are doing it wrong. So the warrior has been the embodiement of doing it right for me, thanks to charge and intercept. The raw feel of those in your face moves made me switch from rogue to warrior in TBC.

Truthfully though, since they took away the feel of stance dancing and combining charge and intercept from arms i stopped playing my warrior mostly. I dont like fury so all i do is daily 5m HCs as prot, which feels the same thankfully. I wish we never got Colossus Smash. I dont care for OP dmg, i just want the old feel of playing my warrior back. Sorry for slowly drifting OT...

Quote Originally Posted by CID-77 View Post
    My main rule of thumb has been that if you do your damage while having to run away you are doing it wrong. So the warrior has been the embodiement of doing it right for me, thanks to charge and intercept. The raw feel of those in your face moves made me switch from rogue to warrior in TBC.

Truthfully though, since they took away the feel of stance dancing and combining charge and intercept from arms i stopped playing my warrior mostly. I dont like fury so all i do is daily 5m HCs as prot, which feels the same thankfully. I wish we never got Colossus Smash. I dont care for OP dmg, i just want the old feel of playing my warrior back. Sorry for slowly drifting OT...
    Can't help but to agree.

The main thing I love about my Warrior (Aside from the Warrior Beard, of course) is my epic ability to grab and hold aggro on any single target thing I set my mind to.

...this is probably why my guild leader keeps screaming at me over Vent to lay off unless I want to switch over to Prot. Fury Forever!!! RAAAAAWR!!
    "It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by nurabsal View Post
    on an aside, i think Bane Falcon might be my hero
    2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.

Beards, anyone that disagrees is a failure.

Stood in the Fire chase_the_mofo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    that warrs can kill any priest with 4k resi in blue dungeon gear without sweating themselves? D

10+ Year Old Account
    I play a hunter as my main, but I feel that my Prot Warrior is a lot of a more dynamic and fun spec to play. If your wanting to go tank, play warrior you will have a blast.

/Grogar

What I liked about warriors was their unique play style. Stance dancing to use different abilities, weapon swapping to play defensively, Arms spec, and the mobility.

Now they lose all that and just have big #'s and faceroll dmg coupled with a MM huntard and a healer you can faceroll your way to 2.5k+. Glad I quit WoW when warriors started to become faceroll as shit, even moreso than the arp heroes in s8. Stance dancing is dead. Huge reflect nerf, sblock nerf, swall nerf make weapon swapping useless, on top of the fact the second you go defensive you pretty much lose. Mobility is still garbage with jump charging and the loss of being able to ping pong instead we're given a throwdown to use in conjunction with charge to tunnel singular targets rather than being able to provide control and defensive play. Their direction with warriors is just going to be you play battle/zerker if you're arms/fury respectively and you go defensive stance for fuck all since dmg output is far superior than even bothering wasting GCDs to go defensive.

TL;DR Loved playing my warrior, now I hate them for being purely tunnel vision early WotLK DK-like faceroll, cept with crap utility and overpowering dmg.

10+ Year Old Account
    In Wrath I used to love Fury because.

- Our splash damage dominance.
    - I loved the rapid speed and tempo our rage income granted. I found Mana/Energy stifling and loved playing a class that was less dependent on resource management and more dependent on your own timing and rotation. It's so much more satisfying to play a spec thats fast and smooth as opposed to slow and clunky these days.
    - The flashiness of our signature move whirlwind.
    - How important gearing was down to every last point. It was incredible how one fury warrior in full 264 could be so significantly better than another in 264 based purely on their stat management and incredible the difference even between same ilevel gear for us like a DBW and Tiny Abom. It made for a lot of consulting spreadsheets and chatting with other warriors which is an aspect of the game I really enjoyed, gearing is far less significant now with reforging and removal of a king arp stat.
    - I loved the flexibility in our gearing, how some bis was leather, mail could be fantastic. We could use axes/maces/swords. No 2 fury warrior was the same and made each ones decisions pretty unique.

Not feeling the same love for warriors these days, get the impression Blizz aren't especially fond of this class nor certain what direction they want to go for it. If your rolling one for a tank then fair enough, prot warriors are in a good place now and are probably the most enjoyable tanking class to play. Warriors for PvE and PvP dps are in a bad, uncertain place now though sadly.

Deleted
    well my favourite spell in my warrior tank is spell reflect and its getting nerfed so... i will stay with my dk for tanking

Deleted
    WHEN I GIV MACE IN FACE I FEEL GUD!!

But seriously though, I love the Warrior because it feels "real". Warriors don't do it with magic, runes, stealthy plans or similar; Warriors just fucking do it.

Charge, Heroic Leap, Intervene and 40k shield slam crits!

I used to raid as prot so i love all the mobility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Colossus Smash, nothing else, nothing more.