View Poll Results: Will you watch the new episodes?

Voters
130. This poll is closed
  • I will watch

59 45.38%
  • I won't watch

32 24.62%
  • I don't really care either way

39 30.00%
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by casserole View Post
    Does anyone else think the new Two and a half men is much better now? The first couple of episodes was a bit nostalgic without Charlie, but now I've almost forgotten what it was like with Charlie.

One of the reasons is because of Alan. I think Jon Cryer deserves too little credit for his performance for the last 9 years. People have always said Charlie Harper WAS Two and a half men but IMO, Alan Harper accounted for 95% of the humor in this show. Charlie was a good actor, no doubt, but he just wasn't... that funny.

The show without Alan Harper, now THAT would suck.
    I have to side with you on this one. I think the show is much MUCH better with charlie out of the picture. IMO it put a much needed spin on the series. And i have to agree i think that Jon Cryer was the heart and soul of the show. However much i liked charlie i have to admit it was the same thing in every single episode just with a bit of a twist. Charlie meets hot girl, charlie bangs said girl, random event with Alan.

I love the new episodes and I'm glad that charlie is gone.
    Synit 110 - Orc Elemental Shaman [Active]

15+ Year Old Account
    i watched the new season and then watched a few older episodes on FX that has charlie in them and i laughed more with charlie on the show then ashton when i think of two and half men i prefer to watch it with charlie sheen

Deleted
    The show is still good in my opinion. It's not great anymore, but what did you expect when a main character leaves after eight seasons. And it doesn't make difference to me that it was Sheen. I think even if Sheen had stayed and Cryer left, the show would go down just as much. It just doesn't work so well without the two brothers. But as I said, it's still good and gives a lot of laughs for me. Especially the last two episodes were great.

The show was never good, It's just Charlie Sheen banging chicks with a laugh track.

10+ Year Old Account
    The show it's just not the same without Charlie, it was never a really good comedy series but Charlie was the man now it's just need to end in my opinion.

I still haven't seen any of the new Episodes without Charlie, just because of they replaced him with Ashton. But I have to agree with the OP what he/she said about Alan; he's also a very good Actor.
    I can't imagine that Two and a Half Men is still that worth watching without Charlie, sorry :|
    ››yeah, here used to be a signature once. I've must lost it somewhere in the twisting nether... still waiting for the mail from the postmaster.

Deleted
    Mmh.. I can't watch 2 and a ½ men anymore :/ It's just not close to what it was before.. Ashton (or however he's spelled) just seems too .. "gayish" to be the new Charlie.

I am on the whole "Jon Cryer is a Boss" bandwagon...

I never saw Charlie as the main character in that show TBH... Jon Cryer was ALWAYS the better actor and had far more witty dialogue/script for his character.

The kid was funny for about 2 seasons when he was actually a child ... Then he got Fat, and they turned his character into one massive DERP. The show would seriously benefit by dropping him.

Personally I think in the way of acting abilities and how there dialogue is written Charlie's character was no better then Ashton's ... But it's just the feeling you get when you watch the show, it simply doesn't 'Feel' the same as it used to.

I will keep watching the show until Jon Cryer is gone or it's off the air for good

Deleted
    Tbh it feels more like "That 70's show" than two and a half men. I dont know about you guys, but i pref it with Charlie. Alan is good and all, but it was Alan AND Charlie that made the serie imo

I hate Ashton Kutcher on this show. I need more tiger blood and winning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintiez View Post
    The show was never good, It's just Charlie Sheen banging chicks with a laugh track.
    It actually really wasn't like this last 2 or three years.

Since like S6 ish Alan has kinda been the main guy of the show and he is doing pretty well. I kinda miss Charlie because he was often a hard counter to Alan's ideas and latent homosexuality while now he kinda gets away with everything. Still great though.

People who bitch about the show, introduce me to a better comedy sitcom that, for the love of god, ISN'T some retarded family show. Apart from TAAHM and The Community I don't see any.

Deleted
    Yeah... I stopped caring for this show too. Watched the first 2 episodes with Ashton, it was alright, but it wasn't near as good as when Charlie was in the show.

The reason I started watching this show was because of Charlie and Alan, when you cut one of them out of the show it just doesn't work for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masterrofl12 View Post
    Yeah... I stopped caring for this show too. Watched the first 2 episodes with Ashton, it was alright, but it wasn't near as good as when Charlie was in the show.

The reason I started watching this show was because of Charlie and Alan, when you cut one of them out of the show it just doesn't work for me.
    I can second that. I tried to watch it with an open mind set. A couple of laughter per episode just didn't do it for me. Whilst watching Charlie and Alan it cracked me up almost every second sentence they've exchanged with each other.

I am glad that there are still tons of re-runs to catch on other networks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    It actually really wasn't like this last 2 or three years.

Since like S6 ish Alan has kinda been the main guy of the show and he is doing pretty well. I kinda miss Charlie because he was often a hard counter to Alan's ideas and latent homosexuality while now he kinda gets away with everything. Still great though.

People who bitch about the show, introduce me to a better comedy sitcom that, for the love of god, ISN'T some retarded family show. Apart from TAAHM and The Community I don't see any.
    Modern Family, Community and Parks and Rec are the only good comedies on TV right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by casserole View Post
    Does anyone else think the new Two and a half men is much better now? The first couple of episodes was a bit nostalgic without Charlie, but now I've almost forgotten what it was like with Charlie.

One of the reasons is because of Alan. I think Jon Cryer deserves too little credit for his performance for the last 9 years. People have always said Charlie Harper WAS Two and a half men but IMO, Alan Harper accounted for 95% of the humor in this show. Charlie was a good actor, no doubt, but he just wasn't... that funny.

The show without Alan Harper, now THAT would suck.
    I do not agree with this, to be completely honest. The show's still funny, last episode was awesome, Jon Cryer is a great actor and Alan is a big asset to the show BUT I still miss Charlie's hilarious character (nostalgic also because I just watched Drew Carey's new show and he was in one of the "episodes"). It's not the same, but it's still worth watching for me because, as you said, Alan's character is basically why the show is funny (even when Charlie was around, most of the humor came from him making fun of Zippy).

It's still a good show, but it's not half as funny as it once was without Charlie. Honestly I think they made a horrible decision to replace him with Ashton. I've never been a big fan of Ashton's, I think he's alright though. But I blame the people who hired him just because I don't think he fits the role well. I even think he's doing a good job with what he's had to work with, but he's no Charlie. I'm still going to watch it but...if it gets much worse than it is now, I won't last but another season or 2

Oooooh whoever was saying they should have replaced him with Robert Downey Jr. Let me say that I think that would have been the perfect replacement for him. He's still funny as hell and has had his own drug problems in the past, not to mention he's much closer to Charlie's age too.

Also, I'm just not buying that Ashton's character is a computer made billionaire. His character comes off as too stupid to have done whatever he did with computers to make him billions.

I still don't see the draw around Charlie Sheen.
    Most of the humour is stemming from him being a horribad actor. Anyone could've played that role, and better. *opinion*