Lightbulb Blessed resilience PVE

Good evening, i just need some inputs on this one, i've personally never used BR in any pve situations, but im going on my alt on Rohash HC tonight, and its lacking some gear, and i find it quite heavy healing during the stormshield, does BR affect all kind of damage? or only melee stuff and such?

15+ Year Old Account
    I know resilience used to work but I am not so sure now.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Blessed Resilience is an optional talent and its value depends upon a number of things that only you can really judge. It is pretty much a toss up on the last few points in Holy between talents like Rapid Renewal, Spirit of Redemption, Blessed Resilience, Desperate Prayer, and for some, even things like Tome of Light, Divine Touch, and Revelations can be trimmed. In short, if you find you're taking a lot of damage, either because of lack of gear, particular fight mechanics, or maybe lacking situational awareness, talents like BR and DP become valuable. Similarly, if you find you're hardly using Renew, talents like RR and DT lose value.

Personally, I never feel like I have survival issues and because of my typical role in 25s, I do find Renew quite useful, so I don't pick up BR. However, I've only done a few heroic encounters, and if my role were different or I primarily did 10s, I might look at BR differently.

And yes, BR can proc from any type of damage, as long as it is 10% of your total health. However, considering that almost any hit you'll take in PVE is larger than that, it will proc quite often, which is why it is a viable PVE talent.

Deleted
    It procs off renew, no need to wait for encounter dmg lol.

Like Zueq said, it is completely an optional talent, like so many talents in the holy tree. I personally have it and love it. I rarely cast Sanctuary so ToL is unnecessary, and I don't find improved death form necessary since I rarely die. I chose BR because when you need it, it is there and provides great synergy with what you would be using to heal yourself after taking damage, i.e. binding heal, desperate prayer, renew, or even lightwell. For instance my lightwell renew ticks for 15K when I have BR up.

It procs off any type of damage, and will even proc off of crit HoT ticks like renew or lightwell renew (this may be a bug but it has been reported numerous times). I had a 62.8% uptime on BR during our heroic Magmaw kill last week. Yes, it was up at times when I didn't need it, but I consider this to be survivability insurance, and something that boosts the healing I receive so I can focus more on healing others.

I was running Fraps on that Magmaw kill, and if you look to the left of my action bars at the bottom, you will see a power auras display for BR. Here is the video so you can see for yourself how much of the time it was active.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syHMqgT4BF8

P.S. I apologize that this video is not very good, I really wasn't expecting this to be a kill, it was the first time we made it to phase 2. I'm going to make a better recording this week.

I personally run with Blessed Resilience for 10m heroic encounters. The damage going out is usually greater than 10% of your health at any one point due to mechanics of the fight. 30% extra healing recieved for a significant portion of the fight is always a wonderful thing. The forums won't permit me to post a link to my logs, however on our 10m heroic magmaw kill, for example, Blessed Resilience had a 31% uptime.

There is no reason not to pick up Blessed Resilience in a raid spec. It is pretty much free, you don't have to sacrifice anything extremely important for it. Free survivability is good.

Quote Originally Posted by hikamiro View Post
    There is no reason not to pick up Blessed Resilience in a raid spec. It is pretty much free, you don't have to sacrifice anything extremely important for it. Free survivability is good.
    I used to have it, but then I picked up Archangel. The things I die to now wouldn't have me living if Blessed Resil was up, so hey fair trade.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    I used to have it, but then I picked up Archangel. The things I die to now wouldn't have me living if Blessed Resil was up, so hey fair trade.

http://wowtal.com/#k=bv9aNM7s.ala.priest.

I don't see why you can't get it in an archangel spec. That is exactly the spec i run above.

It's very useful imo, lots of bosses have abilities that hit you for more than 10% of your max HP, so it procs all the time. Free healing ftw!
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by hikamiro View Post
    http://wowtal.com/#k=bv9aNM7s.ala.priest.

I don't see why you can't get it in an archangel spec. That is exactly the spec i run above.
    I personally run with Divine Touch, and Revelations (instead of Spirit of Redemption).
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2011-04-05 at 10:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use SoR but that's purely because it feels weird not having it and Prayer still feels pointless to me since I can't think of too many scenarios I died where a GCD could have saved me. If the damage in this game was a bit more difficult to deal with though the Blessed Resilience would actually be a decent idea.
    Last edited by Hybred; 2011-04-05 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    I personally run with Divine Touch, and Revelations (instead of Spirit of Redemption).
    Ehh. Divine Touch feels useless to me. The only fights i use Renew constistantly on (besides tanks) is Atramedes while moving, and Nef while moving. The minor healing on a spell i use very infrequently isn't great.

And yeah. the only reason i don't have Revelations is that it is currently bugged. If you use a macro you can still use Serenity and Sact with out the talent.

That macro has been broken on the PTR, so enjoy your 1 talent point while you can.

And I use Renew as a buffer. So really it's give or take. Blessed Resilience/Surge of Light/Rapid Renewal/Tome of Light/Divine Touch/Spirit of Redemption

They're all kinda "meh" in their own regards. People will swear by them, but they don't really change the game enough to make a difference (except to the person with said points). If I had two more points (and wasn't gimped by needing Tome for Chimaeron) I'd probably take Blessed Resil again, at least 1 point with the other in Spirit of Redemption, if not both points in Resil.

Firelands might change that up for me, who knows?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I use Blessed Resilience simply because I had points left over and increased healing after taking a hit isn't such a bad thing. Just matters where you want to put your extra points.
    Now Casual Holy/Disc Priest: Summer of 2011

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuq View Post
    And yes, BR can proc from any type of damage, as long as it is 10% of your total health. However, considering that almost any hit you'll take in PVE is larger than that, it will proc quite often, which is why it is a viable PVE talent.
    An amendment to this excellent point by Zeuq:

It does not trigger from pulsing damage (DoTs, Cho'gall's Call of Shadow, Explosive Cinders, Valiona's breath attack, Twilight realm). However, that can be overlooked because of its bugged uptime triggering from healing crits recieved.