Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    ...how is this even...

This is absolutely a AAA quality game in terms of budget, created on the CryEngine 3. It's got fantastic visuals that are extremely high quality, if you bother to search out some HD screeshots/video. Not to mention the scope of the game, which is far more ambitious than any game released in the MMO market since Vanguard (which was released in 2007, so 6 years before the Korean release, and 7 before the supposed Western release).

Like, have you even looked into the game at all?
    You can dump a ton of money in to a game and still have it look (though more importantly feel) cheesy. The korean style MMO often feels detached from the surface of the world with clumsy animations that simply don't feel good to maneuver around with, almost as if you and all other NPCs/creatures/pets/etc don't have any weight and glide across the land rather than walk on it.

I've tried a plethora of MMOs and run in to this personal issue in most of them, with the only exceptions off the top of my head being EQ2 and WoW, and to lesser extents Wildstar and Guild Wars 2.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can someone explain how pvp works in this game a little better.

Are there pvp zones or can you get attacked anywhere/any time?

Quote Originally Posted by Loyrl View Post
    If you watch a stream of the game, it doesn't do the graphics any justice, at least with the streams I have watched. I have just been praying for a key.
    To be clear, I'm not speaking to the graphical integrity of the game. The textures, lighting, spell effects, etc seem just fine. It's the weightless and detached vibe I've experienced in other korean MMOs that's off putting to me.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    Massively had posted the article on Founder's Pack but removed it, probably because they put it up before Trion. But here is what it had said:
    Wow if that proves true that $150 is a large investment, but waaaay worth it if you like the game. Seeing credits sounds like it will have a very similar shop to Rift, which is amazing because of how functional it is.
    BAD WOLF

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    Massively had posted the article on Founder's Pack but removed it, probably because they put it up before Trion. But here is what it had said:
    As you can tell by the article not being live, we aren't quite ready to announce Founder's Packs JUST yet. The information in that article was also not entirely final. Our goal was and is to have the information on the official website first, before third-party press websites.
    The good news is that we do have ArcheAge Founder's Packs going live within the next 24 hours barring any technical hitches or unforeseen glitches. We've been preparing this week for the launch of Founder's Packs and look forward to releasing information about it here on our official channels when they are available for purchase.
    http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...ll=1#post64805

Interesting looking game. I’ve watched a few people try it on twitch now and they seem sold after initially having some reservations. In some respects it reminds me of Ultima Online… must be the boats. It will be interesting to see how it does. Perhaps it will be the dark horse of 2014 that does well. Anyone know how close or far the beta is likely to be?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god there are some really, really ignorant people in that thread. Here's my personal favorite:
    The game is already developed genius. All Trion has to do is translate, westernize a bit and its done.
    Yeah that's all they have to do.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Here's my personal favorite:Yeah that's all they have to do.
    People really have no clue what goes into localization and publishing a game in a new region -_-

Honestly hoping the prices drop, or they have a lower tier of founders pack. Because I'd totally shell out $20 for beta access and some goodies/credits, but asking for $50 is a bit much for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    People really have no clue what goes into localization and publishing a game in a new region -_-

Honestly hoping the prices drop, or they have a lower tier of founders pack. Because I'd totally shell out $20 for beta access and some goodies/credits, but asking for $50 is a bit much for me.
    I'm hoping like someone suggested that it goes to $20/$50/$100. That seems more reasonable, but that highest tier is jam packed with goodies. Just the credits and sub time is pretty spiffy. Considering it's F2P and I could come and go as I please, plus it's Trion, I would be very intrigued.
    BAD WOLF

Looks great, after seeing all the beautiful things like this in an mmo I think, "Alright this looks great, but I bet the combat is delayed and lacking."

But after watching some streamers, the combat looks pretty responsive.
    Kickin Incredibly Dope Shit

Combat is smooth, quest are generic (I've been playing Russian beta). It's the houses, crafting, mounts, etc that really make the game shine. There's just more depth rather than quest -> dungeon -> raid -> repeat. $150 for alpha access is ridiculous. I'm sure some people will buy it, but for a "F2P" game, those founder's prices are very high.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Can someone explain how pvp works in this game a little better.

Are there pvp zones or can you get attacked anywhere/any time?
    There are two factions, you can only attack the opposite faction, the exception is if you're a pirate or if you are in a custom faction (pirates can kill anyone and custom factions can choose which faction to be at war with but you won't have access to the quest npc's and stuff if you do this).
    There are tons of safe zones on the two main continents so you will probably mainly PvP at the pirate island, at the open sea, in battlegrounds, or at the northern continent castle sieges.

Castle sieges consist of attackers spawning siege weapon at their respawn point, they constantly respawn and shoot your walls and tries to get it down within a timer, defenders try to delay the blob at the respawn point.
    Battlegrounds are battlegrounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihsnek View Post
    I'm sure some people will buy it, but for a "F2P" game, those founder's prices are very high.
    While they're high, they in no way contradict the game being F2P at all. F2P simply means that the game can be played, usually almost in its entirety, if not its entirety, without the need to purchase a client. There is no initial barrier for entry, nor are there any longterm fees needed to continue playing. F2P doesn't mean everything has to be dirt cheap either, they can have expensive items in the game.

NWO had $200 founders pack and lots of people bought it, Landmark had $100 and lots of people bought it, so seems fair that Trion also wants some cash this way.
    Not sure if it's going to be as successful for them though, because lots of people who may have purchased it for alpha access are just playing the RU version with english patch instead.
    Last edited by Ighox; 2014-04-25 at 05:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ighox View Post
    NWN had $200 founders pack and lots of people bought it, Landmark had $100 and lots of people bought it, so seems fair that Trion also wants some cash this way.
    Not sure if it's going to be as successful for them though, because lots of people who may have purchased it for alpha access are just playing the RU version with english patch instead.
    True founders packs are usually expensive but it is also a rip off. As you won't know if you would like the game or not or even continue playing it long term.

These prices are horrible.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

There are two factions, you can only attack the opposite faction, the exception is if you're a pirate or if you are in a custom faction (pirates can kill anyone and custom factions can choose which faction to be at war with but you won't have access to the quest npc's and stuff if you do this).
    There are tons of safe zones on the two main continents so you will probably mainly PvP at the pirate island, at the open sea, in battlegrounds, or at the northern continent castle sieges.

Castle sieges consist of attackers spawning siege weapon at their respawn point, they constantly respawn and shoot your walls and tries to get it down within a timer, defenders try to delay the blob at the respawn point.
    Battlegrounds are battlegrounds.
    You can attack the opposite faction AND your own, robbing too, you will get criminal points only by doing crimes against your own faction and you will be subject to trials with player juries and can get sentenced to prison, when you get like 3000 criminal points then you will be outcast to the pirate faction, south continents will be your enemies and npcs there will kill your on sight, you can comeback to be a "civilian" but will take some effort, being a pirate is hard life.

NWN had $200 founders pack and lots of people bought it, Landmark had $100 and lots of people bought it, so seems fair that Trion also wants some cash this way.
    Pretty much, was expecting the prices they put there.

Founders pack are just released official, check them out:
    http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/...now-available/

Beta is pointed to start in June, also.
    Last edited by konishiwa; 2014-04-24 at 11:39 PM.

such a rip off seeing how we have no idea how the game is going to play out for NA. I mean I still feel bad for NWO founders people because yea....

but that founders cloak... to make a kingdom hearts cape in the game... so tempting..
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I'll just wait until it releases. I've waited this long, I don't need beta access for it (and really, that is what most people buy the founders pack for)

TO deploy a house you will need Patron status, you can buy on Cash Shop AND ingame, lets imagine you have a group of friends or family, people can work toguether, one of you get Patron status and the rest can share the house and farms, so you dont have to spend a dime on cash shop, brilliant, as stated today on the Live Stream from Trion.

Well i take back what i said about Trion, all my hype just burned in flames...

I can afford any of the founder's pack, but it's def not worth it when i can play the RU version for free atm.