Page 5 of 151 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by flarecde View Post
    A pity most of the good sandbox games go overboard with the non-consensual PVP. I like building stuff, but I don't like having it constantly knocked down by the local bullies.
    the third island is contested & free for all, anything you build within your own continent is there to stay aslong as your on a pve server.

Deleted
    Started uploading 1080p Character Creation vids for the available races:

Last edited by mmoc63ed99174a; 2011-12-12 at 06:13 PM.

Did a update overall in the post, added more detail info and will keep adding since CBT4 is up and running.

I will add or mark as false the info gathered, no more major overalls till english version.

Gryffes, i added your videos, thx for making them
    Last edited by konishiwa; 2012-02-05 at 06:49 PM.

ArcheAge adds deep sea diving feature, ability to plant stuff on the ocean floor and treasures.

And invasion events (long video, covering the whole event):

And a great (long) review of CBT4: http://archeagesource.com/topic/636-...ive-game-info/

Please don't take too long before getting relocalized to EU/US.

If somebody was daring enough to plant things outside of their protected area you are free to steal them! If you decide to steal something from someone else though, you will leave behind footprints for each item you steal! (you are given a pop-up window to confirm that you do infact want to steal their stuff). Players can pick up these footprints and report you for the crime. Footprints disappear over time but I'm not sure how long it takes for this to happen. It's definitely less than a day though. If you want to be really sneaky you can scrub away your footprints or blood using a consumable item (a broom) so that others can't report you. However, if you stole enough to really aggravate them then they have the opportunity to play detective. They get a consumable (powder of some sort) that they can throw over a certain area to reveal footprints/blood that have been hidden.
    Sounds awesome.
    Last edited by Ighox; 2012-02-19 at 09:11 PM.

My fear is that the game will be incredibly subpar at doing so many activities. It sounds like a perfect system, kind of a mixture of wurm, A tale in the Desert, and other craft games but going even further than any of them. I think it will not be able to keep up. God I hope it can, because this is exactly what I've been looking for.

Awesome naval fight:
    youtube.com/watch?v=OgrtQ9BeZfA
    Great CBT4 sieges compilation
    youtube.com/watch?v=owEr7FRCG5g

I'd be really interested in seeing this, wish there was an NA beta soon but probably not for a year or two.

Seems amazing but my computer wouldn't let me play this game.

Can someone help get me in on the Korean beta please? It's pretty hard to do myself as I can't read anything

This game looks like Secondlife with RPG elements. Anyone want to prove me wrong?

I already figured I wouldn't like the class design, in that it's going to be generic and/or poorly designed. Given what I know now, not that I claim to know everything, it already looks true in terms of probability. This is not to say it's "bad" beyond being playable or enjoyed

In any case, the game looks like it has a lot that could be enjoyable in itself to where my aforementioned concerns can be negligible. I'm looking forward to hearing more about AA

Quote Originally Posted by h0lyshadow View Post
    Seems like Ultima Online successor.. Am I wrong?
    Is there any way to get into the closed beta? I'm curious.
    Looks very interesting. But time will have to tell whether it's playable.

Id certainly give it a try if they have player housing that is fully customizeable in the trend of UO.
    But, heck,. I dont really care for any monthly payments to some oddball company in china.
    And, if it's f2p, then they'll probably restrict player housing to premium members only.

Dilemma...

Graphically it looks good tho.
    Keep us updated.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    Looks very interesting. But time will have to tell whether it's playable.

Id certainly give it a try if they have player housing that is fully customizeable in the trend of UO.
    But, heck,. I dont really care for any monthly payments to some oddball company in china.
    And, if it's f2p, then they'll probably restrict player housing to premium members only.

Dilemma...

Graphically it looks good tho.
    Keep us updated.
    Korean f2p games usually don't follow the freemium model that Western games do (SoE games, Champions Online, Star-Trek Online ect.). It's about 50/50 that it will either be part of the free portion of the game (awesome), or one time payment content unlocks (not awesome, but not bad either).

Hm, looking through the videos I get the impression that all the houses are pre-designed. Unlike in UO.
    From what I've seen so far, you simply create the:
    * Basic house
    * Mansion
    * Castle
    * Other
    And can place items inside it.
    The construction time varies by house size, and bigger houses will require more time to construct, and harder to obtain materials.

In UO, you had houses from 7x7 tiles to 18x18 tiles which were fully customizable into an L shape, 3 story tower, small village, dungeon, cottage with trees, etc etc.
    There was also a keep / tower / castle, which were not customizable , but way bigger and with much more storage than the largest customizable house) - except for locking down items.

Am I correct in this?
    A shame if so. That was the real strength of the UO player owned housing.
    And I designed some grand houses way back when
    (Co-owned the Black Rune Library and the house next to it on Great Lakes, if anyone played there, say hi to Tas for me if you still do.)
    (or spit on lady lava)

PS: The character designer looks pretty good, though there's one thing missing. Body mass and height as well as facial reconstruction and muscle size - like in EVE Online. If they added that, wooh, you'd need a PC upgrade for sure :P
    Skin color choices are somewhat limited as well.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Korean f2p games usually don't follow the freemium model that Western games do (SoE games, Champions Online, Star-Trek Online ect.). It's about 50/50 that it will either be part of the free portion of the game (awesome), or one time payment content unlocks (not awesome, but not bad either).
    Yeh, looking at rusty hearts which is korean it's got a LOT of playable content.
    But support and bugfixes are very far behind games like WoW and other subscription based games.
    It's hard to say really, and too early for sure. We'll have to keep an eye on it.
    Last edited by bbr; 2012-03-17 at 08:13 PM.

UO didn't get custom plots until way later, up until then you had predefined houses from small to large similar to AA (which I assume will add more).

Also, there was no build time (aside from custom houses) you just placed them.

Deleted
    Very nicely put together thread! Answered a lot of my questions

Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    meh, the combat system looks boring. WoWish or worse. for me that makes or breaks how fun a game is going to be in the short and long term.

for that GW2 still has my vote
    The GW2 videos look like the same old tab targeting combat as wow....

---------- Post added 2012-03-18 at 01:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    Looks interesting but I wouldn't get your hopes up. This will be just like Aion....shiny looking game, but basically an asian port and the US team has zero influence on the direction of the game, so any discussion or feedback from us players will be ignored. Game will prob have poor story/translations, big grind, and nothing new or radical to bring to the genre.
    Some of us liked Aion. At 3-4 million players it was second only to wow, and double what SWTOR and GW2 hope to max out at.

---------- Post added 2012-03-18 at 01:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Himora View Post
    looks simply amazing. is there any ETA? Cryengine in an mmo, cant go wrong.
    Yea, it looks amazing!!!!!
    I always wonder why games like Tera use unreal, SWTOR use hero, this game use cryo and ALL LOOK AWESOME!
    Yet, GW2 and some other games still use in-house engines that just can't keep up from a technical standpoint.
    I mean why do extra work in-house just to make a bad game, when you can not be chaep pay some cash and liscence great stuff.
    VOTE TRUMP! Make America Great Again!

Quote Originally Posted by reighnman View Post
    UO didn't get custom plots until way later, up until then you had predefined houses from small to large similar to AA (which I assume will add more).

Also, there was no build time (aside from custom houses) you just placed them.
    Correct, I didnt join until like the 5th year of the game being active.
    Right at the start of the "great collapse". It was amazingly fun to see so many houses all drop in the same evening. Fun fun fun.
    Got so much loot !

Also, found an official english link:
    http://www.archeage.com/en/pds/media
    Last edited by bbr; 2012-03-18 at 07:32 PM.

Yogcast made Archeage beta, check it, it is really hilarious
    youtube.com/playlist?feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_249945&src_vid=Vo05ANVoGvg&list=PLF193916B5B9 16DBE

Quote Originally Posted by Irondust View Post
    Yogcast made Archeage beta, check it, it is really hilarious
    youtube.com/playlist?feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_249945&src_vid=Vo05ANVoGvg&list=PLF193916B5B9 16DBE
    One of those few moments where the absolute blundering and flopping about of Yogscast is totally justified, since they can't read ANYTHING that's going on.