Feral vs. boomkin

ive been playing wow for 4 months now and throughout this whole time ive been a boomkin.. im still a boomkin with my OS being resto and im really good at both of them.. now that ive joined this new guild they've been wanting me to go feral because their dps is "good". my question is which spec has better dps? id love helpful answers and not one words answers saying "feral" or "boomkin"..

thanks for your time

i play feral over balance but thats cuz i prefer it. My DPS as feral is higher than my balance but i also outgear my balance set in feral. Logs on worldoflogs show Balance>Feral and due to the mechanics of most fights (Favoring Ranged), Balance outdps feral. The thing that Feral lacks is a strong AOE for fights that include adds. Balance has stronger AOE than Feral. The only thing i can think of that Feral would have over Balance is a sub 25% Execution Phase, other than that there is no benefits. They dont seem too far apart from eachother though, im t11 4Pc 359 and some 372, and i fight for spot with our 4pc 359/372 Balance Druid on most fights

I think Balance is the stronger spec right now.

Deleted
    Balance is good DPS if you can turret, multidot and calculate the path of adds/adds are tanked to blow all of them up with mushrooms. Some juggling of 4t11 set bonus will take you a long way as well. Kinda sucks on movement fights and barely has any burst without SS proc.

Feral is easier these days, still clunky with positional requirements, silly AoE and extremely expensive interrupts. Decent if you can tunnelvision the boss, but your innervate will suck and buffs/debuffs aren't that good in general. Still, some people raid as cats, so I guess there's a niche for that too.

If your guild needs melee DPS for some reason, and all the chicken buffs are already provided by others, it's more a matter of taste... and between you and them.

Boomkin is definitely the way to go for raiding. The majority of the fights right now favor ranged classes and classes that can multi dot ex. Boomkins/Spriests/Locks. Boomkins are in a very very good place right now, the only fight that you shouldn't expect to see them near the top of the charts is Chimaeron, due to lack of a secondary target at any point in time (No multi-dotting and starfall only does 1/2 damage.)

Quote Originally Posted by gollie View Post
    I think Balance is the stronger spec right now.
    I might be inclined to agree with you except that 99% of the balance druids i've met are terrible, while only (some second, smaller, made up %) of ferals are bad.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    I might be inclined to agree with you except that 99% of the balance druids i've met are terrible, while only (some second, smaller, made up %) of ferals are bad.
    Feral is easier, u can look half decent just spamming combo pts not knowing what ur doing and keeping bleeds up.

But if you dont know how/when/what to cast certain stuff as a caster, you look horrible no matter what you do. Keyboard turners and people who move excessively for no reason at all usually look worse if they play a caster, than a melee.

Deleted
    Booooomkin! They are so fun to play.. And you can do some nice dmg too ^^