Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetNoata View Post
    This still screws people over who only have pure dps classes.
    No it doesn't you fucking idiot, it encourages people to play other characters. You now have the choice to either play your pure DPS class and get considerably quicker que times than now, or you can choose to play another character but still get the benefits of using a tank/healer sent to your pure DPS class.

The qq never stops does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Renowned View Post
    For the last time: You haven't lost anything you had before the change, you aren't being screwed over. Stop being selfish.
    This, this and this.
    Last edited by mmoc6025b804ec; 2011-04-08 at 01:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is even worse than the 1st post... Now you can just roll a tank alt and send the rares to your main... Really? So stupid...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    That's awesome! We'll be rolling in tanks in no time.

People who have not suffered the horrors of tanking and healing don't deserve nice things :P
    I've tanked and healed for 5 years on my Druid before Blizzard destroyed the class in Cata, so I'm on my Rogue now. Your argument is invalid.

Only complaint I had about this feature is fixed. I personally wasnt going to be affected but I could see everyone having a problem if their main is not a tanking or healing class.

Even though it is a wise move - i still believe there will be a serious increase on the PvP/Dps geared wannabe tanks in Heroics. Which is avoidable with a small fix.

Other than that it makes sense, and will drop the queue times a lot hopefully.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XstenZ View Post
    I don't wanna get punished because I don't have a tank class, and don't like it. Fuck you Blizz!
    Nope, you get faster queues as DPS, that's the whole point of those changes. How ignorant can people be?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    So.. if there's, say, 15 rare mounts to be had this way, all with a 1% drop chance (overgeneralising here to make computation easier) the chance you'd get at least one rare mount is, assuming a seperate roll is performed for each and every of those 15 mounts, 1-(0.99^15)*100%=14%!!!
    In fact, there's a 1% chance that you'd get 2 or more mounts on a run. Heck it's even possible to get that lucky guildie see 3 mounts on his/her first tank run.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Renowned View Post
    For the last time: You haven't lost anything you had before the change, you aren't being screwed over. Stop being selfish.
    Not, but we're not gaining anything either, which tanks will. They will continue to do the same thing they've always done, but now they get free stuff on top of that. And the queue times are NOT that long, it's much quicker than having to look for a group through trade like before 3.LFD

hope the dps will stop complaining now

Quote Originally Posted by Eiffeltower View Post
    First of all, the de-incentivise from running with the guild when they have just put in place a complex guild system ?

And now those mounts will drop at the same rate as the dungeons they are found in ?
    Sorry but i'd rather farm stratholme for 20 mins than farm heroics which can potentially take 2 hours....
    I agree on the first point. On the second I have to make a point that two of the mounts drop from heroic instances, thus you're currently limited to one try per day.

What most people fail to understand is that it is not a "Lack" of tank or healers, but the way dungeons and raids are set up. Standard 25 man raid composition consists of 2 tanks, 5-6 healers and 17-18 DPS. By these numbers alone you will inherently see the issue with why you have a long wait time. This is how the game has always been and will always be. Blizzard is simply trying to improve the model currently in place to benefit everyone.
    "Gauging the health of a game by reading its forums is akin to gauging the health of a community by visiting its hospitals." - Ghostcrawler quoting someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by FruityFrodo View Post
    *sigh*
    Not everyone enjoys playing death knights. Why should we be forced to play a class we don't like to get additional loot?
    I still see this change as a lazy ass bandage on a wound that doesn't exist.
    Blizzard are forcing us to choose herbalism if we want herbs this is unfair! And how come I can't get ore out of rocks without mining?

If you want the additional loot, role a tanking class. I'm not really seeing how that's forcing you to do it though.

Not, but we're not gaining anything either, which tanks will. They will continue to do the same thing they've always done, but now they get free stuff on top of that. And the queue times are NOT that long, it's much quicker than having to look for a group through trade like before 3.LFD
    There are lots of things that tanks have which you don't. Like for example, the ability to tank. Stop being selfish.
    Last edited by Renowned; 2011-04-08 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    WAYNE. You chose the role that has the least amount of responsibility ... there HAS to be a downside to that.
    So because I didnt see random prizes coming to people who can tank and heal and because i picked and leveled classes i liked to play over classes that can tank/heal i dont get some prizes? So i would now have to level a tank/healer to get some of the coveted prizes. That to me doesnt seem like a message blizz would want to send. I'm fine with my 20 min ques. There are dailies to do auctions to undercut people to talk to. That was a fine downside for me. But now telling me i dont get extra prizes because i picked classes i like to play over classes that can tank/heal is messed up.

What about the new people to the game. Who bought the game and said" i want a warlock". And it is their only lvl 85 toon atm. That person would now have to level another toon to get these perks. Now i know there are altoholics out there but i cant stand leveling. I have 2 85s and 3 other toons stuck at random levels cause leveling gets so boring. Im still spending money on the game just like everyone else whether i level another toon or not. So why should I be made to level another class to 85 if i want these perks?

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing they could think about is creating new ways to improve gear other than just grinding dungeons.

How about giving more JP/VP to those DPS who wait in queue longer, a point a minute? 2 points? How about allowing dps with longer queue times than 5 minutes get a bag of goodies too? Although it seems like they are trying to address this issue, the lack of creativity of throwing out stuff to scarce classes participating is short sighted and seems to be a temporary fix.

As a healer and with the new guild system, we pretty much stay in house. A "Chance" at a mount is not motivation to delve into the land of pugginess these days.

lvl an alt --> spec tank --> profit
    or
    stop QQing you will get almost instant queues as dps

Deleted

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    That's awesome! We'll be rolling in tanks in no time.

People who have not suffered the horrors of tanking and healing don't deserve nice things :P
    QFT

Time for DPS to suffer for once muhahaha

Deleted
    Maybe so but now there will be more incentive for people who don't tank/heal to do it and try it. DPS gets quicker queues which is what has been the QQ of the century since LFD came out.

I have to admit I like the ability to pass the bag to another character. The downside is that both my paladin tanks are on one account--and it's not the account with my collecting pure DPS class.

Now I'd really like to see points go BoA so I can just run stuff non-stop on my tanks/healers and gear up my DPS alts...

Honestly I foresee this causing more problems. We already have people with almost no clue on tanking taking fast queue times and taking dps gear because that's what they main as. Now we're going to have everyone and their mom tanking in order to get rare mounts/free extra rewards in general. Sure we'll see slightly fast queue times for dps (I honestly can't say the times will fall below 15 mins) just to be thrown in to the mix with a high population of people who have never tanked before. I'm not bashing people who seriously want to tank and are trying to learn, more power to you, it's just that there is going to be such a high consistency of it. All that's going to happen is more complaining.

Yeah, I guess it does. I mean i can't imagine any benefit to being able to get into a dungeon 5 minutes after queuing vs the 30-40 we have now.

If you're still not convinced, try tanking? Bear tank is pretty fun to play and not too hard on a rotation standpoint. Then if you manage to get a mount in your sack, it's BOA and you transfer it to your main class.

There is no reason to complain about this change.