Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pallyscorned View Post
    I understand that haste>crit in the long run but are there short term points where your limited by your gear and unable to hit the next plateau of haste where crit is slightly better? Meaning my current haste puts my Divine Light cast down to 1.9seconds with Spriest and Judgement buffs. If I currently cant get enough haste to move that down to 1.8 seconds wouldn't any haste after the 1.9 mark be wasted FOR NOW and be better off as a small amount of crit UNTIL I get the upgrades necessary to move to the next reduced cast time. Meaning swapping maybe a couple reforges from haste back to crit temporarily..
    You don't go from 1.9 to 1.8. You go from 1.93487473 to 1.918765432 to 1.87786213424 to 1.8438078726 etc etc. Just because your tooltip rounds to the nearest tenth doesn't mean nothing happened in between. Get a cast timer mod like Quartz if you want to see the full effect of Haste on your cast times.

Quote Originally Posted by FiveDkp View Post
    I'm surprised firecrest didn't pick out this gem XD
    Meh. I've gone semi-casual in game and even moreso on these forums. Just sick of all the idiocy. So frustrating to see posts like the one that started this discussion day in and day out.
    Last edited by Firecrest; 2011-04-14 at 01:52 PM.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

I use quartz, apparently i have the numbers set to round and i assumed that the casts were also rounded. question withdrawn

Quote Originally Posted by Seani View Post
    Holy paladins dont need haste. If you find yourself needing a quick heal you can use WOG, Holyshock, FOL, or even Infusion of Light. We have more instant cast heals than any other class. Shaman have none,(except for the CD) these are the healy classes that need haste over any other class. The paladins most important stat as a healer is crit. I agree that crit can be problematic because it is not consistent, but with health values the way they are the inconsistency is less of a problem than you may think. Overhealing is no longer an issue, bigger heals mean more shield absortion without needing a larger mana pool.
    I hope no one takes this into account as reliable. int>spirit>haste>crit>mastery. Overhealing I's a issue and yuou will be losing hps like mad if yuou go all crit due to being beat everytime to a heal. The shield is trivial and atm easily falls off of raid members before fully used, not to mention the slower your heal rhe better the chance the guy your healing dies to burst, witch I imagine happens to your tank alot atm if you are leaning a away from haste
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedail View Post
    I think I'm close to understanding this thread. . ./places tinfoil hat squarely on head. . .Ah, yes. I see now. . . /tinfoil hat off, approaching reality once more