15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Especially when there is no one to play with him!
    Brad Richards/MSL reunion tour 2014?

I don't think they were on the same line 10 years ago though.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    ya those 2 suck too fuck tampa

fk

/s

Also bad quality video but anyone who saw Babcock's post game comments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-090U3n9tc

Criticize Crosby all you want for not scoring much but Babcock hits the nail on the head.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2014-02-25 at 02:11 AM.

Ya, I didn't quite understand all the Crosby bashing in the other thread... constant criticism when he doesn't get any points... and then to top it off, MORE criticism after he actually scores? The confusion... Anyone who understands hockey knows that 0 points doesn't mean 0 impact on the game. If Canada had won every single game 1-0, people would be raving (more than they are) about how incredible their D/goaltending was... and complaining that the offense was horri-awful. If they won every game 6-2, they'd complain that 2 goals against isn't acceptable defense. It's kind of just crazy expectations + Canadian + not a solid understanding of hockey. You can really tell when you get 30M people tune in to the gold medal game in Vancouver (out of 33ish million), and you only average ~3-4M Stanley Cup viewers... and these people have the gall to criticize when they only care about hockey every 4 years >.>

I was critical of Crosby because I thought that he just wasn't involved...scoring was moot for the most part other than the fact that he had few points. But so did many others. He picked it up against the US and Sweden though, but for the rest of the tournament I just thought he wasn't engaged. Compared to someone like Toews, who was in the same scoring boat...I just saw a different attitude on the ice. Battling and being physical. It's always been my philosophy, that if you're not getting the breaks and points, you need to do something to stay involved and to me I didn't see it from Crosby in the first 4 games. He looked soft and wasn't into it. Not that he was alone in that either though...but when you're wearing the "C" for Team Canada, he's going to become the focus of the Eye of Sauron pretty quick.

I'm glad he fished the turd out of the pool at the end. Because he needed to.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2014-02-25 at 07:27 AM.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would respect Crosby more if he didn't get babied so much and take advantage of it. Selanne was all up in Crosby's face during the Olympics after a dive. I have no issues respecting players from competing teams, just stop being a little bitch.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    So the Flames offered Cammalarri an extension, no more details but I'm honestly not upset with it tbh. It must mean we aren't really getting many offers for him that make sense, hard to shop him when his cap hit is that high and he hasn't played to his full potential since that one playoff run for the Habs. He'll keep giving us that veteran presence too and I'm sure some teams might be more interested in a 4m~ish cap hit for the dude rather than 6+ next season.

High cap hit, he's been meh for a number of years, and he's a UFA looking for a probably 5-7M for probably 7 years. The Flames would have to take a UFA/rental (in a sense) player back probably from most teams. -68 for his career too.. yowzer...

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Ya, I didn't quite understand all the Crosby bashing in the other thread... constant criticism when he doesn't get any points... and then to top it off, MORE criticism after he actually scores? The confusion... Anyone who understands hockey knows that 0 points doesn't mean 0 impact on the game. If Canada had won every single game 1-0, people would be raving (more than they are) about how incredible their D/goaltending was... and complaining that the offense was horri-awful. If they won every game 6-2, they'd complain that 2 goals against isn't acceptable defense. It's kind of just crazy expectations + Canadian + not a solid understanding of hockey. You can really tell when you get 30M people tune in to the gold medal game in Vancouver (out of 33ish million), and you only average ~3-4M Stanley Cup viewers... and these people have the gall to criticize when they only care about hockey every 4 years >.>
    I just don't understand why our media feels the need to be 'Crosby this' and 'Crosby that' all the fucking time during the Olympics. Babcock's presser after the game was really how I felt about the whole scoring situation and there were times during the Olympics when I wanted to tell people on the radio or TV to just shut the fucking hell up about Crosby. Seriously, he gets one goal and a couple of assists in the tournament but he played like rather sub par compared to what he should have done but I also don't believe for a second that it was all his fault. Watching all those games I saw nothing but turtle defense by the opposition and our offense was incapable of generating the kinds of dynamic scoring opportunities you see in the NHL because the other teams play a collapsed defense style of game in their own zone where everyone is taking away the shooting lanes and cutting off passes. People also need to realize that Crosby isn't the only bloody player who plays for our country and I'd say half the forwards generally played better then him whether they scored or not. I saw way more out of Getzlaf, Perry and Toews to be honest and Marleau played pretty damn good in a couple of games too. I thought Carter was a joke like usual, get's a hat trick against a shitty Austrian team but did fuck all for the rest of the tournament if you ask me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    I would respect Crosby more if he didn't get babied so much and take advantage of it. Selanne was all up in Crosby's face during the Olympics after a dive. I have no issues respecting players from competing teams, just stop being a little bitch.

To be fair.. any player in the NHL who complains about diving is a hypocrite ...

Ready to get back going, Rinne sent down to Milwaukee for a rehab stint.

Trade buzz is all over the place. Will we move Legwand or not, and with his NTC where would he be willing to go?

Apparently some teams have called about Weber, but no one is willing to offer anything but scraps. Apparently they are under the delusion that you can get one of the best defensemen in the league, on a defensive style team, with a 3rd line center and a few picks.

What teams even have the room for Weber? Every time 'should' want him, in theory, but I have to imagine the # of teams with room to shed that much salary space, AND give up the number of prospects needed for this deal to happen has to be pretty small. A team like Edmonton comes to mind, but it's not like they need this deal to happen by the deadline - they could easily wait until the summer and reassess where everything is at - they could very well wend up with #1 pick and lord knows that they'd take Ekblad with it. Honestly, I think the Preds should have let Philly take him with that offer sheet.. I know they really couldn't, but... that contract is going to be a bitch to move when Weber decides he doesn't want to play in Nashville anymore (especially if that doesn't happen until his early-mid 30s). I wonder what the Avs would have to give up to get Weber. O'Reilly, MacKinnon + two firsts? Also just realized Weber has no kind of NTC, so... his hands are kind of tied in the whole situation. Shitty for him.

- - - Updated - - -

@Ren

That's fair, I get it. I also think Crosby was undoubtedly one of the best players for Canada in their last 3 games. As far as the media's obsession, he was appointed 'the next Gretzky' before he was even 15. By the media. They are the ones who started the whole thing, and they are the ones who perpetuate it. Also keep in mind the whole concussion and missing a large portion of time between gold medals. There were legitimate concerns he might never play in the NHL again a couple years ago.

EDIT: Just to add, look at a guy like Connor McDavid. We as Canadians do this to ourselves. The kid was 'the next Crosby' before he was 14. I've known this kid's name since he was I think 13. Will he be the greatest NHLer ever? No. Will he be a dominant player when he makes the NHL? Maybe. He may not even pan out to a first line player. But as Canadians, we just put so much stock and pressure into prospects it's kind of unreal. Ask most American hockey fans who Aaron Ekblad or Sam Reinhart are. The diehards will know. Some others might. Most Canadian hockey fans have known for at least 8 months now, and some have known for a couple years.
    Last edited by VanillaO; 2014-02-26 at 11:07 PM.

Yeah its gonna take some big names and my guess is your list from the AV's is probably the asking price. Rumor is Edmonton called but wouldn't offer RNH or Hall and Poile just hung up the phone. Philly is apparently another that is interested, but frankly from the list of names I saw I just don't see that happening. I really don't see picks getting it done though, cause if we wanted picks we would of just let him go to Philly.

Personally I don't think they have any intention on trading him, and if they do it would be in the offseason when the salary cap goes up anyways. Its just interesting to see the offers people list though, some of them are just laughable. Old forwards, new guys that have done nothing and a pick for Weber and they think they should get Wilson as well.

Weber has said that when Philly made the offer he knew Nashville could match and he would be fine with that. We may find out in the future if that is true or not. One thing is for sure though for once Poile is willing to spend some money, so if we could just get someone good forward wise to sign we would be damn good. Assuming Rinne finds his form again, you got a blue line of Weber/Josi, Del Zotto/Jones, Ellis/Ekholm/Bartley. Just need some freaking scoring from somewhere other than the blue line.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    EDIT: Just to add, look at a guy like Connor McDavid. We as Canadians do this to ourselves. The kid was 'the next Crosby' before he was 14. I've known this kid's name since he was I think 13. Will he be the greatest NHLer ever? No. Will he be a dominant player when he makes the NHL? Maybe. He may not even pan out to a first line player. But as Canadians, we just put so much stock and pressure into prospects it's kind of unreal. Ask most American hockey fans who Aaron Ekblad or Sam Reinhart are. The diehards will know. Some others might. Most Canadian hockey fans have known for at least 8 months now, and some have known for a couple years.
    It's just the whole exceptional status thing for the OHL that really gets the ball rolling in terms of hype. I remember Tavares was super hyped up too because of it. They do it to get people excited about players and are usually pretty accurate, whens the last time a player who was dubbed the next "X" been a bust? I think the kid is gonna be an amazing player and hopefully he ends up in a good team so he isn't wasted like Tavares is. I really want the Flames to have a chance at him (as bad as that sounds) but I just don't ever see us finishing 30th. Especially with that fucking gong show 3 hours north.

Also funny, media talks about Crosby alot during olympics. Now you know how it feels to hear Leafs this Leafs that everysingleday of the regular season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Canucks won a game for the first time in literally a month 0.o

Well that was just about the worst power play ever... The only worse one I can remember was that Bruins/Canes game like 5 years ago.

Enjoy the win Red Wings... Not sure what the Sens are doing.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    To prevent confusion over whether you’re playing a card game or returning to town, the Hearthstone will now be called a Homerock.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well that was just about the worst power play ever... The only worse one I can remember was that Bruins/Canes game like 5 years ago.
    Hah, watch a Flames game.

Anyone here have Gamecenter? Worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Hah, watch a Flames game.

Anyone here have Gamecenter? Worth it?

Not worth it. Blackouts are pretty brutal.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    To prevent confusion over whether you’re playing a card game or returning to town, the Hearthstone will now be called a Homerock.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ryan Miller scratched. Rumors has it St.Louis Blues actually went through with the trade.

Also OTT is not dressed for tonight.
    Last edited by Rosh; 2014-02-28 at 11:38 PM.

Trade seems imminent for the both of them at this point. Either that or they don't want them to get injured and cost the team some prospects/picks while they do work out some trades for them - they only have a game tonight and Monday before the deadline. Curious to see what's involved here.