Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Solid pick, Nylander has some pedigree.

Hornqvist for Neal is the trade
    hornqvist and spaling

James Neal ends up on the Predators? If the name fits, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    James Neal ends up on the Predators? If the name fits, I guess.
    It's a shame. His release was ridiculous. Pure goal scorer hands and fits so well with a good center. But apparently the character issues extend beyond his on ice behavior

Well not a trade any of us were expecting, but it does make us better skill wise. Horns is a junk goal guy, and I really liked him, but I'm just not sure he fits with the new coach. He has some of if not the worst hands in the NHL and I'm not sure that goes well with Lavi's system.

Spaling is a solid 3rd-4th liner that you can kind of plug in anywhere, and is fairly decent on face offs too.

Not real happy with Neal's character flaws, but maybe a team out of the spot light in a new division kind of resets things.

I think its a good trade for us, but we still need a Center bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Well not a trade any of us were expecting, but it does make us better skill wise. Horns is a junk goal guy, and I really liked him, but I'm just not sure he fits with the new coach. He has some of if not the worst hands in the NHL and I'm not sure that goes well with Lavi's system.

Spaling is a solid 3rd-4th liner that you can kind of plug in anywhere, and is fairly decent on face offs too.

Not real happy with Neal's character flaws, but maybe a team out of the spot light in a new division kind of resets things.

I think its a good trade for us, but we still need a Center bad.
    I think both teams benefit. Neal wore out his welcome in pittsburgh and adds scoring touch to the preds, the pens get a decent winger with net front presence and someone to work in to what I assume to be a completely rebuilt 3rd and 4th line

10+ Year Old Account
    Leafs trade gunnarson to blues for polak

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=455924

I straight up do not understand this trade... Gunnarsson had better possession numbers on a worse possession team playing against tougher competition every night... Yet we trade him, a pick, AND RETAIN THE DIFFERENCE IN SALARY for 2 years....? What in the fuck is Nonis on? I realize they don't really care for advanced stats, but blatantly ignoring them..? What the fuck was Shanahan brought in to do, exactly?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't have a problem with the trade if there wasn't salary retention tied to it for two years. It isn't much though. We will see how this deal pans out.

St Louis got Fabbri out of Guelph. That kid was amazing this year, it was great watching him play. Give him another year or two in junior and then watch out, he should be able to crack the top 6 after that. 45 goals and 42 assists in 58 regular season games, 28 points in the OHL playoffs, if you were to ask me, I'd say he was a dark horse pick in the draft and that he will be a top 6 forward in no time. In 2012-2013 he had 33 points with Guelph in 59 games. I dunno if he can crack the roster out of training camp since he is kind of small and the west is pretty big and physical, but he should develop well. The kid was the OHL playoff MVP and it was well earned, he can only get better with more experience.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2014-06-28 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rylon View Post
    I think both teams benefit. Neal wore out his welcome in pittsburgh and adds scoring touch to the preds, the pens get a decent winger with net front presence and someone to work in to what I assume to be a completely rebuilt 3rd and 4th line
    Yeah Spals is a 3rd/4th guy. His advantage though is that he can play both Wing and Center. He's solid on the PK as well. The only reason he was really included is that he was unsigned and was looking for a bit more than Poile thought he was worth. Combine that with the fact we have a glut of younger 3rd line type guys in the AHL and he was expendable.

Just for some neat trivia, I'm not sure of the exact ending number, but at one point the Preds were 22-1 or something when he scored a goal.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sam Bennett, perfect !

So Buffalo gets 2 firsts next year. Jesus fuck could you imagine if they came out of it with McDavid AND Eichel because Garth Snow is a champ. I can't imagine what will happen. Over a year away but still. Islanders better all in on not finishing 30th this year, they can't afford to have been fucked in the ass like that.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2014-06-29 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Sam Bennett, perfect !

So Buffalo gets 2 firsts next year. Jesus fuck could you imagine if they came out of it with McDavid AND Eichel because Garth Snow is a champ. I can't imagine what will happen. Over a year away but still. Islanders better all in on not finishing 30th this year, they can't afford to have been fucked in the ass like that.
    Its the Islanders, of course its going to happen.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Teddy Purcell from Tampa Bay to Edmonton for Sam Gagner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Teddy Purcell from Tampa Bay to Edmonton for Sam Gagner.

Gagner has been traded to PHX

Going for some fun in the sun, and lower taxes... and out to the desert? Poor guy. What a harsh reality when you get traded with another guy for a 6th because no one wants your contract.

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Going for some fun in the sun, and lower taxes... and out to the desert? Poor guy. What a harsh reality when you get traded with another guy for a 6th because no one wants your contract.
    You know part of him for a second was like " Heck yeah, Tampa here I come".

Then like a bit later it was a line of expletives.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ganger isn't that bad, good for Phoenix. Hopefully a change in scenery does him well.

Bollig...neat I guess?
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I correct in seeing Yzerman traded two players for a 6th round pick? Interesting...

Did you guys miss that it is no longer Phoenix Coyotes, but Arizona Coyotes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes Arizona

Leafs to buy out Gleason