With the Sabres win today, at 2-1 they are now over .500 for the first time since 2013.

Let that sink in - for 5 years they haven't been over .500, which means they've lost every opener in that span as well, to start 0-1.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, it is Buffalo. They don't call it the city of losers for nothing ..

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like this new Flames team

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Matthews has 7 goals in 4 games, which is ridiculous. He looks much stronger with the puck, his foot work is much better and having Kapanen on his line has made a difference too. There's a good chance he hits 50 this year, if not 60.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2018-10-10 at 09:06 AM.

Matthews, Marner, Tavares, Reilly all getting ridiculous points early. Kadri might be close there too if he wasn't hitting posts all the time (or played on a top 2 line).

Nylander might be there too if his dad and agent stop fucking him out of tens.of thousands of dollars each game he misses.
    Last edited by Greeney; 2018-10-12 at 03:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The further this gets the worse his position gets contract wise. They’ve effectively upgraded you as a player in Tavares. And they show no signs of slowing down.

You might get a defender for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    The further this gets the worse his position gets contract wise. They’ve effectively upgraded you as a player in Tavares. And they show no signs of slowing down.

You might get a defender for him.
    We have a rough schedule coming up, but if we can prove we can score at this rate over the next stretch, I don't really see his agent having any negotiating power. Dubas cannot back down with this being his first major dispute and needs to send that message.

Especially once our secondary scoring gets going, because somehow the only secondary scoring we've got is from Hainsey. Only a matter of time before Kadri or Brown start getting results.

Still rather not trade him for a defender though if his dad and agent decide to come back to reality. We don't really need LHD and RHD tend to have ridiculous costs that we won't get back close to fair value. All last year we were hearing about like Nylander for Tanev straight up, but I don't believe Dubas is going to overpay in trade value or salary just because Chiarelli did with Larsson and Draisaitl respectively.

The longer we wait though, as long as it doesn't go over December, the better for us it is this year. More room to trade for someone and save space in salary cap for the year. Nylander coming in fresh would be nice too if other players start slowing down in a few months.

----------

In other news, I think Myers is going to get the Wideman treatment for the rest of the year for that slowclap thing he did. Imagine refs are going to band together on him for that stunt and throw him in the box a lot more frequently.

Also hearing tons about the Rangers goalie prospect. Once they build a competitive team again, they're going to have a good replacement for when Lundqvist retires.

According to Mckenzie, Habs are looking to trade a forward as well. Hope we're not giving up any 2nd round picks again for a player who we already know will sign back there again. :P
    Last edited by Greeney; 2018-10-12 at 10:40 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Secondary scoring helped against the Caps last night. Par Lindholm got his first NHL goal, Leivo got a goal and Matthews did as well. It was a good character win after giving up that 2 on 1 goal 15 seconds into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Secondary scoring helped against the Caps last night. Par Lindholm got his first NHL goal, Leivo got a goal and Matthews did as well. It was a good character win after giving up that 2 on 1 goal 15 seconds into the game.
    Yeah, I think Lindholm is solidifying himself as a 3rd line winger over 4th line centre. Even without scoring he's been playing a really strong 2 way game at wing.

Nice to see Leivo score finally too.

Scoring that much is great, but giving up 4 goals a game on average is a bit rough.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Scoring that much is great, but giving up 4 goals a game on average is a bit rough.

Yeah, we're still shit at defense. Regardless of Babcock and Dubas insisting otherwise. I'd love to get a Vlasic/Doughty type guy, but in a few years we'll at least have Lilligren(probably spelling wrong) and Sandin.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, we only allowed two against the Caps

Well, we only allowed two against the Caps
    That was definitely Andersen playing better. Vrana and Kuznetsov I feel like got a ton of close chances.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I'm thinking McSorley, and looking it up real quick, he was definitely brought up on charges and found guilty.

- - - Updated - - -

Man, I'm reading the Bertuzzi thing now, I was living in Africa at that point so I totally missed that one.
    Moore should have been thrown out of the game long before that for head hunting as Naslund wasn't the only person he tried to concuss. Bertuzzi should not have done what he did, but I couldn't argue with the results, another scumbag taken out of the league.

I remember reading that McSorley couldn't even legally play against Brashear after that. I think I read it in The Code.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Moore should have been thrown out of the game long before that for head hunting as Naslund wasn't the only person he tried to concuss. Bertuzzi should not have done what he did, but I couldn't argue with the results, another scumbag taken out of the league.

I remember reading that McSorley couldn't even legally play against Brashear after that. I think I read it in The Code.
    Seriously? I have no problem with getting a guy but when you do something so serious not only can he never play again but he has serious issues for the rest of his life you aren't going to argue with the result? Bertuzzi should have been kicked out of the league and banned from all of hockey for that garbage.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Kings look really bad. The only thing they do well is win faceoffs. They had a few power plays that were weak garbage calls go their way and couldn't capitalize. Sparks played pretty well for us and we were better defensivley, which helped. Kovalcheque despite scoring the only goal is still overrated and was pretty much a non factor most of the game.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2018-10-16 at 09:46 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Kovalcheque

/10checks
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Just when you think you've seen it all, Lavi does a post game in a bull mask.

Patiently wait for the next Leafs game.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Just when you think you've seen it all, Lavi does a post game in a bull mask.
    This was amazing. I couldn't believe he did it and watching him give a serious post-game interview made it even better.

Quote Originally Posted by KashaWells View Post
    Patiently wait for the next Leafs game.

This was amazing. I couldn't believe he did it and watching him give a serious post-game interview made it even better.
    You know there is no locker room issues when the coach is doing that