15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    I've been invited to a Capitals game with my friends in Virginia.

Probably gonna be the season opener versus Carolina, or the game after versus Tampa Bay.

Here's my standing predictions!:

East:
    Penguins
    Capitals
    Bruins
    Flyers
    Canadiens
    Lightning
    Jets
    Devils

West:
    Ducks
    Canucks
    Red Wings
    Sharks
    Predators
    Avalanche
    Blackhawks
    Kings
    Excuse me while I gaffaw at your Avs pick. What do you think this is, 2009 where that garbage team managed to somehow overachieve enough to squeak into the playoffs? That roster with that payroll isn't going anywhere about 11th. Shit I would be willing to believe Columbus will get back in the playoffs before the Avs will.

Predictions:
    East:
    1.Capitals (first round out finally trade Green and Semin lol)
    2. Pens
    3. Buffalo
    4. Boston
    5. Tampa
    6. Montreal
    7. Philly
    8. Toronto
    9. Carolina
    10. New Jersey
    11. New York Rangers
    12. Winnipeg Jets
    13. Florida Panthers
    14. Ottawa Senators
    15. Quebec Nordiques. I mean the Islanders.

West:
    1. Vancouver
    2. Detroit
    3. Los Angeles
    4. Chicago
    5. Anaheim
    6. San Jose
    7. Calgary
    8. Minnesota
    9. Nashville
    10. Dallas
    11. Columbus
    12. Edmonton
    13. St Louis
    14. Colorado
    15. Phoenix

Vancouver will win their division by a substantial margin (~20 points). Detroit will win theirs comfortably. Phoenix will return to be lolbad like almost Islanders bad. Yes, the Caps will lose in the first round to Toronto prompting Leonsis to finally blow up the under performing parts of the team. Detroit wins the cup in 5 games over Tampa. The owners then opt out of the CBA with the players resulting in a season threatening lockout. Phoenix is sold and moved to Quebec to play in the old stadium until the new one is done or is sold to another location pending stadium completion. Realignment takes place and based on where Phoenix is sold to either Detroit is moved permanently to the East or Columbus is switched temporarily until Phoenix moves East, the Isles move west or Columbus is contracted.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Jets won't be making the playoffs in the forseeable future. They are still in building mode, have been since Atlanta became a hockey franchise.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    The Jets won't be making the playoffs in the forseeable future. They are still in building mode, have been since Atlanta became a hockey franchise.
    Atlanta never had much of a fanbase to support them though. You might be surprised.

Excuse me while I gaffaw at your Avs pick.
    Now that you have knocked on wood, you will see. xD
    red panda red panda red panda!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Atlanta never had much of a fanbase to support them though. You might be surprised.

Now that you have knocked on wood, you will see. xD
    I would love to see. The more completely homer and insane articles from Adrian Darter the better. That guy is the best for getting a laugh at biased and terrible coverage.

---------- Post added 2011-07-25 at 05:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    When you think back over some of the big name superstars that played in Atlanta, it is kind of a marvel they never got things together even slightly. I thought the Jets would be more of a buyer this offseason, but clearly that wasn't the case. Once things get rolling, hopefully the owners start bringing in some high quality players to compliment the handful of good players they already have. At the very least, the owners should be making more money per year than Atlanta did in a decade even if the team is terrible so at least they will in theory have capital to work with.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    I think I will opt for Capitals VS Detroit on the 22nd of October now. Especially since this season might be Lidstrom's last, I'd like to say I've seen him play.

I would love to see. The more completely homer and insane articles from Adrian Darter the better. That guy is the best for getting a laugh at biased and terrible coverage.
    You mean Adrian Dater?
    red panda red panda red panda!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Avs won't make the playoffs. I am surprised they still have their few good players remaining. That franchise is in need of good players now in order to compete. Matt Duchene is a good player and his last season was pretty damn good. Going to be hard to get guys like him and Paul Statsny to stay if they don't start winning. But they won't win because they traded away their only good goalie for that flopping fish of a failure goalie that is Brian Elliot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe the avs will make the playoffs if they can stay healthy. Varly is a very good goaltender when healthy he also has some playoff experience in Washington. I assume Landeskog will be playing with the avs next year and will hopefully play on the same line as Duchene. This will push Duchene into the 80 point range. They also added some big d-men to there roster (Hejda and o'brien) If all goes well Colorado will make the playoffs this year and will be Cup contenders in 5 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howler View Post
    I believe the avs will make the playoffs if they can stay healthy. Varly is a very good goaltender when healthy he also has some playoff experience in Washington. I assume Landeskog will be playing with the avs next year and will hopefully play on the same line as Duchene. This will push Duchene into the 80 point range. They also added some big d-men to there roster (Hejda and o'brien) If all goes well Colorado will make the playoffs this year and will be Cup contenders in 5 years.
    That's a lot of hope. You're expecting basically a 30 point gain in the regular season?
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    That's a lot of hope. You're expecting basically a 30 point gain in the regular season?
    Colorado started very very well last season until january when they were plagued by injuries. During the off season they have improved there roster.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Colorado hasn't had an injury free season since they last won the Stanley Cup...

15+ Year Old Account
    Watching some of the Cup tour videos last night on Bruins TV. Some inspirational stuff

http://video.bruins.nhl.com/videocenter/

I remember it all too well

10+ Year Old Account
    You can tell it's a Canadian team when they do an interview with the Back up goalie that maybe plays 12 games a year.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Watching some of the Cup tour videos last night on Bruins TV. Some inspirational stuff

http://video.bruins.nhl.com/videocenter/
    it brought a tear to my eye seeing gregory campbell bring the cup to that children's hospital.
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ketzil View Post
    it brought a tear to my eye seeing gregory campbell bring the cup to that children's hospital.
    I wonder if his dad wrote an email to the Cup handler about those cry baby faker cancer kids taking too much time with the Cup?

Can't wait to see if the Islanders die as a franchise tomorrow. If the vote doesn't pass they will be gone in 2013-2015 depending on when they can get out of their lease that ends in 2015. Hopefully they get a new owner to go with their relocation lol.

I like how they completely destroyed my interest in the Jets with that horribly cheesy logo. :x

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I wonder if his dad wrote an email to the Cup handler about those cry baby faker cancer kids taking too much time with the Cup?

Can't wait to see if the Islanders die as a franchise tomorrow. If the vote doesn't pass they will be gone in 2013-2015 depending on when they can get out of their lease that ends in 2015. Hopefully they get a new owner to go with their relocation lol.
    It really sucks for the Islanders, they were once a dominate dynasty, and 25 years later, they'll probably be relocated.

15+ Year Old Account
    It really sucks for the Islanders, they were once a dominate dynasty, and 25 years later, they'll probably be relocated.
    Ya it is a real shame the NHL might lose what was once such a crown jewel team. Guess that is what happens when you have terrible ownership, a long history of bad GMs, bad moves, and a stadium that needs to be burnt to the ground. I hope they pass it, but I would king of like it if they didn't and Wang sold and the new owner moved the team to the new stadium being built in Brooklyn for the Nets.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can tell it's a Canadian team when they do an interview with the Back up goalie that maybe plays 12 games a year.
    he's a badass though, and he play 25 games this season.and then one in the playoffs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    he's a badass though, and he play 25 games this season.and then one in the playoffs.
    He is also one of the most valuable trade chips in the game. Frankly I am surprised that the Canucks didn't do something with him this offseason. They could have gotten a hell of a package from somebody. Should have traded Schneider to Edmonton and picked up their first overall at the draft. They probably feel he is more valuable to them as a backup right now in the event of Luongo melting down or just to take the pressure off over the season as the Canucks are certainly going to be great again. I wonder if they will win that weak ass division by 30 points this time. They can always trade him to Edmonton for the #1 overall pick next offseason as they will probably get it again lol.