15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    they're shooting high on Bernier a lot, hoping he will goof again? he isn't butterfly so he isn't leaving the top of the net open or anything
    i donno but LA didnt deserve thsi win.
    Headhunting on Cleary and Smith? no whistle? hooking Datsyuk? no whistle? tripping Frazen? no whistle?

must be so nice. meanwhile you enjoyed two 5 on 3s.

10+ Year Old Account
    how else could you continue the pity party, don't let us interrupt

15+ Year Old Account
    how else could you continue the pity party, don't let us interrupt
    hey man i call it like i see it. you guys played awfully dirty and got away with a lot of bullshit. meanwhile detroit got called for every little ticky tacky thing they did.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kopitar's goal was pretty slick. Shots seemed pretty even, they only had 2 more powerplays than you, and all the other stats seem pretty even. Obviously I don't know what happened in the game but it doesn't look like the Wings vastly outplayed L.A., at least not on paper. I was expecting to see the shots 40-20 or something wild like that. Going 0 for 3 doesn't help and it seems Detroit PP has been quite dry the last little stretch here.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2013-02-28 at 10:05 AM.

We played like the biggest pile of horse dung against Anaheim. Guy has a hat trick by the first minute of the 2nd period and you know its bad. Rinne and Weber were guilty of basically handing them two goals in the first 3 minutes, and the rest of the team looked like they had been on an all night bender.

We also had one of the worst calls I've seen on a goalie since the Luongo fake high stick in the playoffs a couple of years ago. Clune skates by him and Fadst just falls down and they call it, was horribly bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    ah the old "Hasek" trick

The league needs to take action on goalies for this to avoid the flopping. I've seen Scrivens embellish a couple times after getting railroaded earlier in games in an effort to try and draw a call. I hate it. Suspend them 1 game if they're doing that kind of shit. I'm pretty sure you can get suspended if you get called for diving too much, can't you? Or is it just a fine or a 'list' you make or some crap?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Kopitar's goal was pretty slick. Shots seemed pretty even, they only had 2 more powerplays than you, and all the other stats seem pretty even. Obviously I don't know what happened in the game but it doesn't look like the Wings vastly outplayed L.A., at least not on paper. I was expecting to see the shots 40-20 or something wild like that. Going 0 for 3 doesn't help and it seems Detroit PP has been quite dry the last little stretch here.
    you had to watch teh game. Datsyuk hooks a player, Datsyuk in the box, Datsyuk gets hooked? nothing called.
    furthermore, LA went headhunting on Cleary (skated off the ice with his eye cut) and Smith (had to be helped off the ice) and neither drew a penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    The league needs to take action on goalies for this to avoid the flopping. I've seen Scrivens embellish a couple times after getting railroaded earlier in games in an effort to try and draw a call. I hate it. Suspend them 1 game if they're doing that kind of shit. I'm pretty sure you can get suspended if you get called for diving too much, can't you? Or is it just a fine or a 'list' you make or some crap?
    I know with Toots last year if he got tripped 9/10 they called diving with it. I'm guessing they just figure out who dives a lot and start calling it.

10+ Year Old Account
    the Cleary hit was a shoulder to shoulder hit along the boards where his eye got cut by his own visor

please

as for the Smith hit that was a collision away from the puck and easily could've been called

15+ Year Old Account
    the Cleary hit was a shoulder to shoulder hit along the boards where his eye got cut by his own visor

please

as for the Smith hit that was a collision away from the puck and easily could've been called
    and it WASNT, nor was the trip on Franzen a minute before that, nor the Hook on Datsyuk not even a minute after that.

Apparently Nashville just traded Brian McGrattan to Calgary for Joe Piskula. McGrattan is nice guy, but a player made for a different era of hockey, best of luck to him.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    God, they just put him on waivers earliar in the week iirc too. The Flames keep proving how big of a joke organization we are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ze0-ZLyI5D0 - Cleary hit. Doesn't look like a headshot to me but it's pretty close. Looks shoulder to shoulder and his head hits the glass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmAIvnTcDf4 - Smith hit, pretty stupid play by Penner but not necessarily a headhunting play. He barely hit him in the head there, it was more the whiplash off his shoulder from side-side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Flames submitted an offer sheet to Ryan O'Reilly for 2 years 10M. They would give up a 1st and a 3rd if this goes through. If Calgary falls out of the bottom 5 in the draft standings, this is a great deal, otherwise derp.

I doubt Avs match, they were offering him half that and will probably be happy with the picks.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Flames submitted an offer sheet to Ryan O'Reilly for 2 years 10M. They would give up a 1st and a 3rd if this goes through. If Calgary falls out of the bottom 5 in the draft standings, this is a great deal, otherwise derp.

I doubt Avs match, they were offering him half that and will probably be happy with the picks.
    Yes, and when those picks grow into great players they'll drop them too.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    I dunno, the Habs and Canucks get away with diving like a bunch of soccer players all the time :P

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post

Don't quite know what to think about this tbh. I don't like the fact that we're losing draft picks but I like the fact that we'd be getting a young center. It's clear this management is not ready to rebuild, so I'm wondering what it will look like in 2 years after this contract is over. If we finish 9th like we usually do, is he gonna want to stick around? If not we lose those 2 picks then eventually him. I dunno, I'm a but skeptical at this point. Although this does make us a better team in the immediate future and draft picks are never guarantees.

Also http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=aicwKSikBeM Usually I hate Milbury but this is good.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2013-03-01 at 12:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kadri with the hat trick.. nice goal to finish it off

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kadri with the hat trick! He is an absolute monster tonight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Kadri with the hat trick! He is an absolute monster tonight.
    the islander play by play "first hat rick in the islander rink for a Leafs player(Paul Henderson) since 1974, have they been that bad for that long" huh?