Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    Hey Penguins remember when you stacked your offense even more instead of filling the void in your net and defense? lol
    To be fair, they did try to somewhat with Douglas Murray and bringing in Voukoun at the beginning of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    Calgary is like... "why me" i swear the minute the let gelinas walk after 2004 cup final is the year that team died
    Surely letting a 20~ goal scorer walk wasn't the downfall of our franchise. I'd be willing to bet the string of god awful GM moves and even worse drafting history has had a way bigger impact than not resigning Martin Gelinas. There's also the fact that management never built anything around our star player throughout his entire career, rather we decided to try and watch the Jarome Iginla and Miika Kiprusoff show featuring Olli Jokinen Part 1 & 2. The problems trickle down from management down to coaching staff. They failed to build this team correctly and we're paying for it now. They had some decent years but nothing really fantastic that was comparable to 03/04 post season. There was a serious playoff drought in the 90s that lasted from 1996-2003 and unless we get the next Sidney Crosby, it might be another long wait.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2013-04-04 at 05:18 AM.

Really shocked at the moves Poile made today, most of the fans seem to be excited. I wish Marty the best of luck, but its semi half hearted. Apparently two weeks ago he went in and asked for a trade, and low and behold he suddenly started playing better and getting points. Amazing what happens when you actually try...

15+ Year Old Account
    so after the 15 game stretch of dealing with pittsburgh fans acting like they are gods gift to the world (SEE WE TOLD YOU GUYS OUR DEFENSE AND GOALTENDING WASNT BAD...) they have finally been brought back down to earth. thank god for that. outside of an 11 game stretch where they actually played defense (or other teams offense just sucked ass, can't tell which) they have given up 85 goals in 27 games, or a 3.148 GAA....

---------- Post added 2013-04-04 at 03:51 PM ----------

for the hockey fan in all of us.

http://imgur.com/r/hockey/pMFZ85I
    Last edited by AceofHarts; 2013-04-04 at 07:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    so after the 15 game stretch of dealing with pittsburgh fans acting like they are gods gift to the world (SEE WE TOLD YOU GUYS OUR DEFENSE AND GOALTENDING WASNT BAD...) they have finally been brought back down to earth. thank god for that. outside of an 11 game stretch where they actually played defense (or other teams offense just sucked ass, can't tell which) they have given up 85 goals in 27 games, or a 3.148 GAA....

---------- Post added 2013-04-04 at 03:51 PM ----------

for the hockey fan in all of us.

http://imgur.com/r/hockey/pMFZ85I
    I liked Duchene's offside buffer.

---------- Post added 2013-04-05 at 12:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Really shocked at the moves Poile made today, most of the fans seem to be excited. I wish Marty the best of luck, but its semi half hearted. Apparently two weeks ago he went in and asked for a trade, and low and behold he suddenly started playing better and getting points. Amazing what happens when you actually try...
    I like the trade. Seems like the front office has decided to scrap the season and invest into the future. Trading Marty and a prospect for one of the highest ranked prospects around seems like a very good deal for me.

Don't get me wrong, I like Marty too and it will feel very awkward seeing him wearing a jersey other than a Preds one. But his play this season has been mediocre at best and he is on the wrong side of 30. Considering that he wanted out the return absolutely amazes me.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus Christ, I hope the league looks at that hit. Adam Hall shouldered Lupul in the head while Rosehill blind sided him at the same time.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Please be okay Joffrey

How much do you think the refs family members have down on Flyers?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Video they showed in the 2nd intermission

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3_mVJ8F4GE

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if Lupul got suspended for a hit that didn't injure a player when he hit Hedman, Hall should get suspended for that blind side shoulder to the head.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the NHL department of player "safety" is like the king of inconsistency, so don't get your hopes up too much.
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that".
    Bill Shankly
    "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month".
    Herb Brooks

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    That is what worries me

What a fucking CRIME by the refs in that game. To call the winning goal good when it was the most flagrant case of goaltender interference I've seen in awhile is down right disgusting. We should have at least had a point in that game, absolutely criminal call by the refs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, Canucks finally found some offense. Oilers ended our winning streak, we return the favour.

I was pleasantly surprised, and it wasn't like Edmonton was even playing bad or anything, either. They had a few more chances at Schneider than I'd have liked them to, but he was pretty great in net, and our defense acted like they finally realized what position they should be playing. If we played like this every game, or anywhere close to it, people wouldn't be able to complain even after a loss. I just don't know why we so often see the lost and aimless Canucks when they can easily play well.

10+ Year Old Account
    the Wild played some real loosey goosey defense tonight, they gave up more odd-man rushes than I can count

Glad this is the last season where there's a token Southeast team in the playoffs. As bad as Tampa was for a long stretch during the season, they're only 4 points out of their division lead with a game in hand. Carolina and Winnipeg have apparently shit the bed, and I would guess at this point the division is going to go Washington or Tampa - both teams have been heating up a bit.

Leafs have a big stretch coming up. 8 games against teams currently in playoff positions, or just outside. 6 of those are against the 7/8/9 seeded teams at the moment who are 4/5/5 points behind. Ned to walk out of this next 2 weeks with 10 or so points to clinch before the last few games of the season.

10+ Year Old Account
    southeast division leader would be 5th place in any other division except the northwest where they would be 4th place

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    southeast division leader would be 5th place in any other division except the northwest where they would be 4th place
    this has been true for quite a few years now. nothing to see. i mean come on, technically last year Florida was a 3 seed, with a LOSING RECORD.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    They shoulda made it where you get placed according to point total and not division champions. Just a stupid system.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a game by Lundqvist and Fleury. The rejuvenated offensive Rangers is actually fun to watch. I never thought I would say that any time soon.
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that".
    Bill Shankly
    "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month".
    Herb Brooks