Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alltair View Post
    That was the 2002 Conference Finals I think. I'll never forget the brawl resulting from the 96 playoffs though. It even has its own Wiki page. I hope that the Avs field a good team again someday so a rivalry like that can reawaken. That won't happen until they fire their GM though.
    They traded away the only thing keeping pucks out of the net for Brian Elliot, who sucks ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Several sources, including Gary Bettman, are denying that the deal is done for Thrashers to go to Winnepeg. However, I've heard that the owner of the Globe & Mail (the first news source to report the deal being finalized) also happens to be the same guy who is buying the Thrashers. So chances are, he was his own source for the deal being finalized.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Confuckinggratulations Winnipeg, the Jets will fly again. Now don't fuck it up again.
    I'm sure both Thrashers fans are devastated.
    Well if by Jets you mean Moose which seems to be the general consensus. The Manitoba Moose. I wouldn't count any chickens before they hatch though sadly. True North still needs to be approved by the other owners, the step that doomed the Yotes sale to Basillie who the Goood ol Boys hate. Who knows what sorts of tricks Bettman has left up his sleeve lol. There have been mumblings that if they did get sold, the new Manitoba franchise would still play in the Southeast next season which is fucking retarded. Yay for 2,000 mile road trips nearly every night for Manitoba and multiple times per month for the other division teams. If the NHL does end up delaying realignment, it means one thing: They are incredibly fearful that another team will be on the move next season forcing them to have to realign again. Be that Phoenix, the Islanders, Stars, blues, or Jackets, the NHL would have to think that there is a very realistic chance that a team will be moving to Kansas City or another city with an NHL size arena.

Now to hope the Wings win the lottery to play in the East!

---------- Post added 2011-05-19 at 10:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    if this does go through, i wonder who will be relocated to the east.. i know detroit would like to, so they won't have to star their games during cst.. but that would kill the chi vs det rivalry.. im thinking columbus

---------- Post added 2011-05-19 at 11:38 PM ----------

2 people wanted the coyotes, but the goldwater institute threaten lawsuits, i agree though they should be moved.. send them to Seattle or something. or Quebec

---------- Post added 2011-05-19 at 11:40 PM ----------

i feel the same way if i see Burrows raising it.
    No one wanted to buy the Coyotes completely. The only actual buyer for the franchise that was willling to buy it in whole, take responsibility for loses, and pay a relocation fee was Jim Basillie and True North. basilie got shafted when he tried to buy it under the table in bankruptcy and TNSE got shafted by the NHL being tools. Not a single buyer has popped up throughout the entire ordeal with the will and funding to buy the team outright. Every one of them has wanted help buying the team or protection against losses. That is what the GWI is willing to sue Glendale about. Them paying an owner $100 million or more to buy the team with bond money is insane and illegal in Arizona. They claim they are going to make that back on parking but it would take something like 40+ years at full attendance to cover that plus interest. Frankly I am surprised that Glendale doesn't convince the NHL to change the bylaws to allow cities to own franchises so they can just buy the Yotes outright. By the time they pay another $25 million in losses next season, which will likely only cover about 60% of total losses like this year, and dish out $100 million in bond money to Hulsizer they could have bought the damn team and they already own the arena.

Moral of the story is don't let your retarded city council build a massive arena for a team without a proven track record that would result in said franchise leaving the down town area where they were located. Look at Minneapolis and the Vikings. The city has been refusing to completely fund a stadium for the Vikes billionaire owner for years even though the franchise is a success. They finally just got a partial funding deal done this week.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I hear Boston won. I can't help but notice the lack of Bos or TB fans on this thread during the game.

Good game tonight. Grats on Timmy getting his first shutout of these playoffs. He deserved it. Still expecting this series to go to 7. Would like Boston to prove me wrong though and close it out earlier.

A few things, the hit on Krejci wasn't a penalty. Justice prevailed for the Bolts since nothing came from the powerplay. Big surprise right? The hit was way to similar to the one that took Krejci out in the Philly series last year though. Would be devastating to the Bruins if they lost Krejci. And what's up with giving Seguin Ferrence's goal? I love how Seg's has stepped up, but don't just give him a goal for the fuck of it. Also, Roli should have had that one. That was a weak goal to let in. Need lock up the 5 hole a little tighter. That Krejci goal a minute in was pure gold though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    They traded away the only thing keeping pucks out of the net for Brian Elliot, who sucks ass.
    The absolute best part of that trade is how Anderson returned to form once he was off the Avs
    Pre trade stats: 13-15-3 3.28 GAA .897 SV%
    Post trade stats: 11-5-1 2.05 GAA .939 SV%

Brian Elliot was 2-8-1 with a 3.83 GAA .891 SV% after the trade lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    So, I hear Boston won. I can't help but notice the lack of Bos or TB fans on this thread during the game.
    I try to stay off the computer when they play. Either that or I'm out drinking and watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Yeah after that trade I realized that any team could get anyone but Duchene from the Avs for almost nothing. Now they have a weak defensive core, a 3rd string goalie trying to be a starter, and an offense that is usually too injury riddled to be effective. Now if they get Flieschmann and Mueller back they'll have a good offense, but that still won't get them far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh I generally won't post in here during a B's game cuz I'm out enjoying it with friends.
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Man, I need to start cheering for the teams I want to lose... lol. xD
    red panda red panda red panda!

That's because most of us are watching every second of te game and don't have time to post on the forums,

Grabbing another beer an taking a piss > than posting on the forums during commercial time

Canucks game day! wooooo!

Kyprios - How the West was Won (disclaimer: i'm not writing off the sharks or saying that the Nucks are guaranteed a win)

After you get past the intro, its actually not bad.. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=366360

derek boogaard results

10+ Year Old Account
    45 mins...

15+ Year Old Account
    Prediction tiem!!!1!

Canucks win tonight 5-2 (with an EN). Finish the sweep in Game 4.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll agree with Conscript's 5-2 prediction.

4-2 canucks :3
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    WTF! Why are other teams ripping off our Green Men? First, Boston had gold men, now sharks have teal men.

10+ Year Old Account
    ROFL-the sharks are playing with 3 lines and some one is missing...hee hee hee

Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    ROFL-the sharks are playing with 3 lines and some one is missing...hee hee hee
    Well it's 4 lines, just an entire new 4th
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)