Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    I don't know this for a fact, but I think he might be the only goalie with two shutouts and two ass-stompings in one series, and there are still 1-2 games left.
    Unfortunately Thomas gave up 5 and 5 in games 4 and 6 against the Lightning, with 2 shutouts also in the series.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilcheeks View Post
    Unfortunately Thomas gave up 5 and 5 in games 4 and 6 against the Lightning, with 2 shutouts also in the series.
    Why isn't he doing that this series?! I'd give up that one goal of ours in Game 3 and give him 2 shutouts here if he gave us a 5 goal game.

well i picked bruins in 7.... dont make me look bad pls!

"By all means, stay on Thelma and Louise, I mean Henrik and Daniel," said Milbury, referring to the characters in the movie of the same name starring Susan Sarandon and Gina Davis.

Henrik Sedin heard about it from his son.
    "That wasn’t too much fun," he said following last night’s 1-0 Canucks victory over the Bruins in Game 5. "My son told me a man was making fun of me and Uncle Danny on TV. I said that can't be true because that's what usually happens in kindergarten. That's what happened. Sometimes grown-ups have low self-esteem and get on guys and say stupid stuff.

"I think he has to be happy with his career," Henrik added. "He did a great job on Long Island. I'm sure he is happy with that."
    Seriously, I have no idea why Milbury is even on HNIC sometimes. It's unfortunate but I think the only way Versus/NBC can sell the sport to Americans is if they vilify the Canucks.

And Raymond better get the GWG on Monday, he's my favorite player and it looks like he might not be here next year unless he does something big.
    Last edited by Xevan; 2011-06-11 at 07:38 PM.
    I remember it all too well

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xevan View Post
    Seriously, I have no idea why Milbury is even on HNIC sometimes. It's unfortunate but I think the only way Versus/NBC can sell the sport to Americans is if they vilify the Canucks.

And Raymond better get the GWG on Monday, he's my favorite player and it looks like he might not be here next year unless he does something big.
    I read that Sedin comment earlier and about shit myself laughing. Best comeback insult ever. Milbury was an amazing GM. Trading Chara and Spezza(well the 2nd overall pick) for Alexi Yashin. Trading Bertuzzi and McCabe for Linden. Trading Luongo and Jokinen for Parrish. Connolly for an extremely washed up Peca. Not to mention that super incredible DiPietro contract.

As bad as he was an executive, he may be worse as an announcer (Okay not really because wow was he a bad GM). He is neutral in that he hates everyone especially those he made a mistake with (Luongo,, Chara) who he will turn on instantly for a bad play. The NHL has such a wealth of incredible commentators it is a real shame that they have to have their awful national team. Milbury is an idiot. Doc either is an idiot or has to feign stupidity on so many things either to engage idiot viewers or give the talking heads something to spout on about. Maybe someday the NHL will go to their real talented announced like Randy Hahn, Ken Kal, etc.

I've decided to avoid this forum during game day cause I'll get carried away.

Anyways, a few things:

1. I was listening to Team1040 (a local sports radio station) and a guest speaker (don't remember who) was talking about the idea of 'letting the players decide'. What he said I couldn't agree with more, it was a long the lines of letting irrelevant and talentless players nullify talent like the Sedins. If the refs allow constant slashing, jabbing, holding, etc, after the play, it effects the play of great players, like the Sedins. You can put on some no name 4th liner to agitate the Sedins to the point where it's not even hockey anymore.

2. Mike Milbury's comments about the Sedins.. He is a moron and a failure in every aspect of him participating in the NHL. That's all I have to say.

3. Luongo's comments about Thomas. They were a bit cocky, but hey, he's been saying nothing but good about Thomas this entire series and for him to take a shot at him, which he goes on to say Thomas will make saves he won't, just for his style it's an easy one, doesn't bother me.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well this is interesting, Boston is going to win at home on Monday, there is no denying it, they have just been too good on home ice to lose game 6. Then it's basically on. Vancouver and Boston have been on more even ground while playing at the Rogers Arena which is why I think game 7 could be a huge toss up as to who actually wins it. But I don't see the Canucks winning in Boston on Monday, pretty much impossible when the crowd is behind Boston and they completely dominated Vancouver in games 3 and 4.

Mike Milbury needs a swift kick to the genitals though, that guy has to be the most classless sports commentator in the world. I guess there is a reason why he was fired from TSN, he says too much stupid shit. And if I were Luongo I would keep my yapper shut, Thomas hasn't been pulled and questioned at any point about whether he should start the next game, that's how good he has been whereas Luongo has.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Well this is interesting, Boston is going to win at home on Monday, there is no denying it, they have just been too good on home ice to lose game 6. Then it's basically on. Vancouver and Boston have been on more even ground while playing at the Rogers Arena which is why I think game 7 could be a huge toss up as to who actually wins it. But I don't see the Canucks winning in Boston on Monday, pretty much impossible when the crowd is behind Boston and they completely dominated Vancouver in games 3 and 4.
    Yeah I think it's going to be a tough game for us come Monday, however, no doubt about Wednesday in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Mike Milbury needs a swift kick to the genitals though, that guy has to be the most classless sports commentator in the world. I guess there is a reason why he was fired from TSN, he says too much stupid shit. And if I were Luongo I would keep my yapper shut, Thomas hasn't been pulled and questioned at any point about whether he should start the next game, that's how good he has been whereas Luongo has.
    Agreed about Mike Milbury. However, the whole Luongo just got blown out of proportion just like everything does in the playoffs (especially finals). It was hardly a shot at him and I don't see why anyone would take offense to it after all the praise and respect he's given to Thomas before it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hadn't heard the Milbury or Luongo stuff yet, since I missed most of the post game interviews, so I decided to look them up. Luongo said the GMG would have been easy for him because of his deep in the net play style. I suppose this could be considered a dig, if not for him then saying three seconds later, "He might makes saves I won't"

It was a comment about their different goal-tending styles. Hasn't this already been brought up multiple times at the beginning of the series?

I hadn't heard the Milbury or Luongo stuff yet, since I missed most of the post game interviews, so I decided to look them up. Luongo said the GMG would have been easy for him because of his deep in the net play style. I suppose this could be considered a dig, if not for him then saying three seconds later, "He might makes saves I won't"

It was a comment about their different goal-tending styles. Hasn't this already been brought up multiple times at the beginning of the series?
    Honestly whether it was meant as a shot at Thomas or not doesn't really matter at this point. Even if he's going to commend Thomas in the same sentence he shouldn't have said something like that because of how it can be taken out of context. I have no doubt the Bruins will use that as fuel for the coming game, in or out of context. That's going up on the bulletin board in the locker room, no doubt about it. And I have a feeling that if Boston's up Monday night, somebody will skate by the goal and tell Luongo that Thomas would've had that save.

Quote Originally Posted by Raleik View Post
    somebody will skate by the goal and tell Luongo that Thomas would've had that save.
    What? Then why didn't he..? That makes no sense at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cineplex View Post
    What? Then why didn't he..? That makes no sense at all.
    I think he means that if someone scores on Luongo in Game 6, they will say Thomas would've had the goal that Luongo let in.

I think he means that if someone scores on Luongo in Game 6, they will say Thomas would've had the goal that Luongo let in.
    That makes sense.. my bad :3

Sticking by my prediction that Canucks will sweep
    whoops, meant Canucks in 6.

Yeah this thread got pretty stupid, hope you all didn't mind that i stepped out as opposed to retorting to the angry/ignorant/hating bunch of sore losers here. You all know who you are.

It's sad that you can't enjoy the spectacle of the competition without trying to bring someone down. Like..seriously..any of you fat gaming nerds are going to question the character of an NHL player competing in the Stanley Cup Finals? Or perhaps you want to criticize their skill or ability? Even going so far as to hold your moral character higher than theirs.

Shame on all of you.

These guys have dedicated their lives to this, and chased a dream that is decidedly far more distant than any of you little pukes chasing a gladiator title. It takes rediculous mental fortitude, physical skill, decades of training and the ability to be a fantastic fucking team player, something most of you haven't scratched the surface of in your real lives.

Do you hate, are you jealous, or is it simply that to feel better about yourselves you need to pull other people down to your level?

Great people are measured by their ability to make the people around them better, so I ask each of you this. While you sit in your fart smelling chair typing into a screen your righteous indignation, how have you made the people around you better? For most of you the answer isn't 'by posting in these forums'.

This has been rough on both sides, opinions of the officiating, the severity of the hits, the malicious intent on either side, they're all subjective. Man up and accept that your a spectator at best, and given the opportunity very few of us would be man enough to tie the skates of these gladiators. You need to thank your lucky stars that as a paying fan and engaged spectator these combatants want to win more than you want to watch them win.

Are you not entertained?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you might be looking into this a bit too much. Its gotten pretty tame since game 4, and if you really want to see some horrible sports "discussion" go look at the espn.com comments....
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

Damn you Ketzil, your diplomatic grace and effusive charm are disarming.

You are clearly the Gretsky of online forums, the Jordan of the blogosphere. You have truly made this thread better with your presence.

And yes, tsn.ca is an absolute trash fest as well, makes me embarrased to be a sports fan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't seen tsn or espn comments, but youtube... damn, those are some angry people. I suppose it helps that this site has moderation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never fully understood the exact meaning of "blogosphere"
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cineplex View Post
    I've decided to avoid this forum during game day cause I'll get carried away.

2. Mike Milbury's comments about the Sedins.. He is a moron and a failure in every aspect of him participating in the NHL. That's all I have to say.
    well mike milbury did build the sens.. when he was with the islanders, no one cares what he says =)

10+ Year Old Account
    So yesterday, in the NBA finals, the road team won game 6 for the first championship in their history... just sayin'.