10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Senaelanna View Post
    Schneider to start in Vancouver? Quite possible.
    Luongo gets paid too much for Schneider to start.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiraiyah View Post
    If you're trying to do any kind of objective analysis on who would win game 7, by far the easiest number to work with would be the goal differential. The obvious goal is to win but wins themselves have no predictive value. Its the reason there's 7 games to begin with. The score by the end of any given game is not sufficient in determining the better team.

Any objective prediction would have to favor the Bruins for game 7.
    The reason that the 7 game system exists, outside of the obvious a winner has to have more wins, is that home ice matters, or should matter. Home wins are far more indicative of potential performance than goal differential. At best, the only goal differential that matters is your split stats be that home v away, day v night, etc. depending on the sport. Home ice and the fact that both of these teams are 3-0, presumably, at home in this series is far more indicative of a trend and therefor an advantage than a lopside goal differential which would indicate that one team has been dominating in the series and is presumably dominating in the win column. That is simply not the case though which is why I think the only advantage that can be drawn is home ice advantage. The "chase the goal" advantage has been proven fallible by Luongo's ability to bounce back at home both in this series and in Chicago.

Great clear by McQuaid to stop that idiot chopping at Thomas. It is too bad Vancouver doesn't have any fighters as I would love to see one of them scrap with McQuaid. Dude is a beat.

---------- Post added 2011-06-13 at 09:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    To all of those who, previously in this thread, balked at me calling Bergeron a goon; I say, behold, game 6.
    How many times is he going to charge Schneider in net while up 4-0? 4? 5? He's already done it thrice.

Boston still hasn't shaken the Don Cherry style of hockey; I don't think they ever will.
    The Bruins are full of goons and dirty players, just like they always have been.

Don't get me wrong - the Canucks have just as many - but to anyone who thinks the Bruins' shit doesn't stink, I say you're watching a different game than the rest of us.
    I don't think anyone is arguing that they don't play a physical brand of hockey. Hell they even have their flashes of goonery every now and again. They aren't a team filled with Gilllies, Averys, Cookes, etc. though like you seem to imply. Yes, Bergeron went hard to the net and received the fitting punishment from the refs. I must have missed the other two occasions though. I fail to see how that makes him a goon though as it wasn't like he skated straight down the ice and landed a headshot on Schneider. He went hard to the net and failed to stop like an idiot while probably trying to sell the hook that was being placed on him like it was preventing him from stopping.

I`d just like to point out that there`s 22 Canadians on the Bruins, and 4 Americans... so I always find it funny when American teams are like, rahh Canadians suck this team sucks, our team rules... I get that this is your team, or this team is stationed in the US and this in Canada, but yeah... just saying.

And if you haven`t noticed a trend, for whatever reason, every game in boston has had them destroy the canucks, while every game in vancouver has had a very, very close game each time, so it`s probably safe to assume that the final game, is going to be a very, very interesting one.

I'm not saying home ice isn't a factor. But you're talking about three single goal games in vancouver. Given that home advantage is worth somewhere around a 20% increase in chance of victory, largely due to officiating (there was a great article on SI a few months back, but I can't find it online), at best, the canucks have played about as well as the bruins in vancouver, and had their asses handed to them in boston.

The reason there are 7 games is because it takes at least that many to truly determine the better team. It's far more likely that the Bruins will overcome the home ice advantage in game 7, where everything is on the line and everything is left on the ice. If I knew a bookie, I'd place that bet.

Not sure that the word "Dirty" fits the Boston play style. Sure, we are very much a physical team. But almost all of the east conference teams are.

In fact, I could not label any team in the NHL as dirty. Sure there may be a couple players on a team who play like scum bags *coughAVERYcough* But not a whole team. Although, a majority of the Vancouver players love to dive. In my books, thats the dirtiest of dirt.

15+ Year Old Account
    I guess it comes down to the level of goonery you are willing to accept though which determines how you feel about a player like Bergeron. I would define a goon as an end of the bunch thug who only comes on the ice for minimum minutes per game and usually with the sole intent of landing a big hit or injuring another individual like Gillies for the Islanders. I would also consider a player who plays with reckless abandon and can't learn from his past numerous infractions like Cook for the Pens. Hell, to contradict my previous statement I don't even consider Avery a goon. I consider him an idiot and a "tough" guy, but he doesn't play with the intention of killing someone. Mostly I just consider him a waste of active roster space until he actually commits himself to improving his play on the ice to match his offensive potential rather than committing himself to his Hollywood lifestyle and fashion line. Those things are well and good if you balance them with improving skills on the ice. It would be cool and quirky for him to wear stupid glasses in his official NHL pic if he actually proved worthwhile on the ice. In the meantime though he is just a douche.

To all of those who, previously in this thread, balked at me calling Bergeron a goon; I say, behold, game 6.
    How many times is he going to charge Schneider in net while up 4-0? 4? 5? He's already done it thrice.

Boston still hasn't shaken the Don Cherry style of hockey; I don't think they ever will.
    The Bruins are full of goons and dirty players, just like they always have been.

Don't get me wrong - the Canucks have just as many - but to anyone who thinks the Bruins' shit doesn't stink, I say you're watching a different game than the rest of us.
    Even I think this thread has had enough of this whole flame war so just stop it. Hockey is A physical game if you want A emotionless carebear sport go watch swimming or golf or something because hockey just isn't the sport for you if thats what your looking for...

15+ Year Old Account
    For having no horses in this series, I have enjoyed it tremendously. Far more than last year although that could be a combination of my intense hatred of Pronger and a poor memory. Closest thing I have to a former player to root for is Tim Thomas and his one mediocre season with the Detroit Vipers. Dude has came a long, long way since then.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Sedin goal, and a PP goal. Even if it doesn't lead to a win tonight, it could release a mental block for Game 7.

15+ Year Old Account
    Look, a Sedin sighting. Now back to being invisible. The Sedins are the Lebron James of the Stanley Cup Finals. Incredible in the regular season. Fantastic at times in the playoffs. Completely invisible when it matters the most. Only difference is the Sedins are a defensive liability while James may be the best defender in basketball.

Glad to see the Canucks get one back. Wonder what the panic level will be in Boston if the Canucks net another real soon here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Goal!!!! (maybe)

Edit: Damn

15+ Year Old Account
    Nice celebration Hansen...

See you all on Wednesday. Go B's!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheddabezze View Post
    Not sure that the word "Dirty" fits the Boston play style. Sure, we are very much a physical team. But almost all of the east conference teams are.

In fact, I could not label any team in the NHL as dirty. Sure there may be a couple players on a team who play like scum bags *coughAVERYcough* But not a whole team. Although, a majority of the Vancouver players love to dive. In my books, thats the dirtiest of dirt.
    The Sedins do like to dive, yeah. Especially Henrik.
    And I don't think anyone likes Avery.

Wade Belak was on the Dean Blundell Show, and he put it the best:
    "I wouldn't piss on him if he were on fire." ('He' being Avery in this case.)

Quote Originally Posted by rcking09 View Post
    Even I think this thread has had enough of this whole flame war so just stop it. Hockey is A physical game if you want A emotionless carebear sport go watch swimming or golf or something because hockey just isn't the sport for you if thats what your looking for...
    So first you deny them being goons, and now it's 'just part of the game'.
    That's why half the lineup is out due to head injuries, because it's 'just part of the game'.
    Boston fans always cry foul when it's their players who are out, but when they knock others out, it's 'just part of the game'.

It must be nice to live in a self-reinforcing delusion like that.

i hate how loungo can be the greatest weapon but also the one who can lose a game within 5 mins. i mean good god Loungo anyone could have stopped the first goal. the 2nd and 3rd were just........ nvm..

Loungo really needs to get some confidence back because hes flubbing every time in Boston and now hes here again in game 7. just like the Blackhawks. maybe he'll play great. maybe not.

I'm still surprised Tim Thomas is doing as well as he is, from what i heard he used to have unlucky streaks like Lou as well, but so far theres no sign of it.
    Still Boston came this far just because of their goalie.. and Chara needs to stop slashing people in the back of the legs every chance he gets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Little bits of trivia.

Canucks have never won the cup (40 years)
    Bruins haven't won the cup in 39 years.
    Luongo has allowed 2 goals in Rogers Arena this series.
    Thomas has allowed 5 goals in Rogers Arena this series.
    No team has comeback from a 0-2 deficit twice in one playoff year.
    No team has won 3 Game Sevens in one playoff year.
    Teams who have shutout Game 1 are 100% in the Stanley Cup Finals
    Teams down 0-2 in the SCF are 2/38 for winning.
    There is a 100% chance of flaming on Wednesday.

No matter what happens on Game 7, History will indeed be made.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    i hate how loungo can be the greatest weapon but also the one who can lose a game within 5 mins. i mean good god Loungo anyone could have stopped the first goal. the 2nd and 3rd were just........ nvm..

Loungo really needs to get some confidence back because hes flubbing every time in Boston and now hes here again in game 7. just like the Blackhawks. maybe he'll play great. maybe not.

I'm still surprised Tim Thomas is doing as well as he is, from what i heard he used to have unlucky streaks like Lou as well, but so far theres no sign of it.
    Still Boston came this far just because of their goalie.. and Chara needs to stop slashing people in the back of the legs every chance he gets.
    Luongo is very inconsistent.
    When he's doing well, he can play a great game.
    But when he stinks - man, he stinks.

And there's no in-between. He's either rocking the joint, or stinking it out.

As for Chara. HAHAHAHA. He's been doing that shit since he played for the Islanders. He's never going to change.
    And why would he? That's how the Bruins play hockey.
    Their entire team is full of dirty hitters and dirty players, a lot like Philly used to be back in the 90's.
    That isn't to say Vancouver is full of saints, but Boston is not a clean hockey team.

The Sedins do like to dive, yeah. Especially Henrik.
    And I don't think anyone likes Avery.

Wade Belak was on the Dean Blundell Show, and he put it the best:
    "I wouldn't piss on him if he were on fire." ('He' being Avery in this case.)

So first you deny them being goons, and now it's 'just part of the game'.
    That's why half the lineup is out due to head injuries, because it's 'just part of the game'.
    Boston fans always cry foul when it's their players who are out, but when they knock others out, it's 'just part of the game'.

It must be nice to live in a self-reinforcing delusion like that.

Actually I was sort of pointing towards how you call every little tid bit of physical play goonery hockey just isnt your sport bro just move on.

O and P.S just about everyone involved in most of the flaming has cooled down you seem to be the only exception... So why not just watch the game instead of crying every time A bruin takes part in a physical play in a physical game? Go ahead and reply to this with another belligerent response im not even going to acknowledge you anymore nor should anyone else.
    Last edited by rcking09; 2011-06-14 at 03:49 AM.

This just in: Roberto Luongo was so distraught after letting 4 goals in tonight, he attempted to commit suicide by jumping in front of a moving vehicle. Thankfully, tragedy was avoided as the car sailed right between his legs!
    lol...

extrastuff

Dear Bruins,

Wednesday is my birthday. I would appreciate it if you made it a good one. Win 3-1.

Sincerely,
    Jiraiyah