15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Chara's high stick says hi.

Oh, and a few too many men calls that went uncalled, too.
    Vancouver had a too many men ignored in the first period while having control in the offensive zone. But ya, that Chara high stick shouldn't have been missed. The refs have been just plain awful for calling those all playoffs. Vancouver saw a ton of them missed both for an against them in the San Jose series. At least half a dozen, three of which drew blood.

maybe next year Vancouver...

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmus View Post
    All things considered, is any HOCKEY fan here surprised at the (soon to be) outcome of this game? The better team won this series. I'm not a boston fan, I'm a Devils fan. I'm a hockey fan. Sure, I was rooting for the Canucks. I hate everything to do with every team from Boston.

But can anybody here say they're shocked or upset at the outcome? I can't.
    No, but.. you'd figure it'd be a little more competitive than this..

talk about anti-climactic...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Esg View Post
    Reffing is such bull, bettman is doing everything he can do make hockey work in america -.-
    Don't even imply for one damn second that the refs are the reason the Canucks are losing this game. It only makes you look petty and foolish. The refs are so costing Vancouver that Boston scored on a Vancouver PP on a goal that canceled out a penalty shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Vancouver had a too many men ignored in the first period while having control in the offensive zone. But ya, that Chara high stick shouldn't have been missed. The refs have been just plain awful for calling those all playoffs. Vancouver saw a ton of them missed both for an against them in the San Jose series. At least half a dozen, three of which drew blood.
    How they could miss Charas high stick is kind of insane. 6'9 Guy holding his stick straight in the air.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Ottawa never will and Calgary is so fucked with contracts they won't until half the team retires. Edmonton is a goaltending and defensive upgrade or two away from actually making noise in the West
    none of those teams are original 6

10 minutes of keep away.. this is over

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    How they could miss Charas high stick is kind of insane. 6'9 Guy holding his stick straight in the air.

because they miss a lot of crap.. i mean fraser.. miss gretz on gilmour..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Don't even imply for one damn second that the refs are the reason the Canucks are losing this game. It only makes you look petty and foolish. The refs are so costing Vancouver that Boston scored on a Vancouver PP on a goal that canceled out a penalty shot.
    Yeah but, they missed a penalty!!!!!! I mean that only happens to Vancouver!!! And not every other fucking team in the league as well.

Next you'll tell me its a conspiracy against Vancouver.
    Well, it isn't hard to see that the NHL as a whole wants less teams in Canada and more in the States, and more interest in the US in terms of Stanley Cup winners, but this series wasn't an example of that. I'm just saying, if you're gonna call one team dirty for a bad hit, you have to call the other dirty for a very, very high stick.

Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    none of those teams are original 6
    I think he was talking Canadian teams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmus View Post
    I think he was talking Canadian teams.

im aware, but my comments were about original 6, even still unless ottawa does away with the likes of neil, and their gm.. good luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it isn't hard to see that the NHL as a whole wants less teams in Canada and more in the States, and more interest in the US in terms of Stanley Cup winners, but this series wasn't an example of that. I'm just saying, if you're gonna call one team dirty for a bad hit, you have to call the other dirty for a very, very high stick.
    So thats why Winnipeg is getting its team back? Because they want more teams in the US. Makes sense. Vancouver has not played a good game, you're gonna have to accept it.

15+ Year Old Account
    The NHL you are referring to ceased to exist three weeks ago when they relocated the Thrashers. They will never come out and say it, but clearly they can see that the NHL doesn't work in most of their expansion and relocation markets. You are only going to see more teams in Canada in the coming decade. Quebec will absolutely be returning regardless of the posturing by Bettman about "Well get a stadium built and we'll see." When they finish that stadium you can bet your ass there will be an NHL team there the next season. The NHL would be fucking stupid to avoid a for sure market to prop up an American team losing $15-40 million a year like Florida, Columbus, Phoenix, and the Islanders.
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-06-16 at 02:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    well Atlanta is like the ottawa of canada.. if you think cfl.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, what other Canadian Cities could actually support an NHL team? Hamilton and Quebec City are the only ones that come to mind.

So thats why Winnipeg is getting its team back? Because they want more teams in the US. Makes sense. Vancouver has not played a good game, you're gonna have to accept it.
    How long has it been since Canada got a new team before the Jets came back? Hell, the NHL did everything they could to ensure Nashville didn't lose their team last year, and Atlanta's been a lost cause forever because they get like 600 people to show up to a game. It was only a matter of time before somewhere with a fanbase was desperate enough to take over a failing franchise.

And where did I say that agenda was the reason Vancouver will lose tonight? I said the exact opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    How long has it been since Canada got a new team before the Jets came back? Hell, the NHL did everything they could to ensure Nashville didn't lose their team last year, and Atlanta's been a lost cause forever because they get like 600 people to show up to a game. It was only a matter of time before somewhere with a fanbase was desperate enough to take over a failing franchise.

And where did I say that agenda was the reason Vancouver will lose tonight? I said the exact opposite.
    That you did, reading forums on phone ftl.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well its about time for this. Predictions on order of Cup hand off:
    1. Obviously Chara as the Captain
    2. Thomas
    3. Recchi
    4. Horton if on the ice, if not Marchand
    5. Bergeron (if Marchand takes it at 4. if not Marchand at 5)