15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Yay for finally finding out what is going to happen with realignment next week! Rumor has it there are two plans on the table. Swap Jets and Red Wings or total realignment to four division with a balanced schedule. My money is on the nice and easy swap option because of general laziness and the uncertain future of the Coyotes and Isles.
    So... Washington/Carolina/Tampa Bay/Florida/Detroit?

Interesting..
    red panda red panda red panda!

10+ Year Old Account
    reimer starting tonight

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Yay for finally finding out what is going to happen with realignment next week! Rumor has it there are two plans on the table. Swap Jets and Red Wings or total realignment to four division with a balanced schedule. My money is on the nice and easy swap option because of general laziness and the uncertain future of the Coyotes and Isles.
    The four division setup would be interesting. How would you like the playoffs to work in that situation?
    I remember it all too well

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    reimer starting tonight
    Came as a bit of a shock to me to be honest, I was hoping he would be eased into the lineup but it looks like Wilson is going to throw him into the fire and see what happens.[COLOR="red"]
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2011-12-03 at 10:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xevan View Post
    The four division setup would be interesting. How would you like the playoffs to work in that situation?

as long as they dont guarntee division leaders playoff spots. esepcially if another team has more points in a different division
    Last edited by Masqerader; 2011-12-03 at 10:45 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    as long as they dont guarntee division leaders playoff spots. esepcially if another team has more points in a different division
    The problem with 4 divisions is that you would have an odd number of teams making the playoffs. Unless the league sets a precedent and makes it so that teams who gain X amount of points make the playoffs, then you are going to have to shorten the number of teams in the post season, unless of course the consolidate the rosters of the Coyotes and Islanders into other teams and shorten both conferences to 14 teams each, then keep the usual 8 teams in the playoffs. Makes more sense, promotes healthy competition and rebuilding properly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    The problem with 4 divisions is that you would have an odd number of teams making the playoffs. Unless the league sets a precedent and makes it so that teams who gain X amount of points make the playoffs, then you are going to have to shorten the number of teams in the post season, unless of course the consolidate the rosters of the Coyotes and Islanders into other teams and shorten both conferences to 14 teams each, then keep the usual 8 teams in the playoffs. Makes more sense, promotes healthy competition and rebuilding properly.

at the end of the day it should be top 8 teams in the conference, leading your division shouldn't get u a spot, i see more with trying to find a place to put teams in the divisons.

but thats for them to figure out, lol

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    West Coast Division:

Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Anaheim, Los Angeles, San Jose, Phoenix and Colorado

West Central:

Minnesota, Detroit, St. Louis, Chicago, Winnipeg, Dallas, Columbus

North East:

Toronto, Montreal, Boston, Ottawa, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia.

South East:

Lightning, Panthers, Carolina, Nashville, Washington, New Jersey, Rangers and Islanders

Two divisions have 8 teams, the other two have 7, playoff contention is based on the number of points a team has earned, regardless of standing in their division. My idea is purely based on where the teams are located on the map, and could be a good measure of promoting divisional play. Unless the eliminate the Coyotes and Islanders from the league and make it 28 teams, you pretty much would have to go 8 and 7 in divisions and make it a points based playoff system.

10+ Year Old Account
    West Coast Division:

Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Anaheim, Los Angeles, San Jose, Phoenix and Colorado

West Central:

North East:

South East:

Lightning, Panthers, Carolina, Nashville, Washington, New Jersey, Rangers and Islanders

Two divisions have 8 teams, the other two have 7, playoff contention is based on the number of points a team has earned, regardless of standing in their division. My idea is purely based on where the teams are located on the map, and could be a good measure of promoting divisional play. Unless the eliminate the Coyotes and Islanders from the league and make it 28 teams, you pretty much would have to go 8 and 7 in divisions and make it a points based playoff system.

the only problem with that, is Detroit would still be in the western conference.
    Last edited by Masqerader; 2011-12-04 at 01:14 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    West Coast Division:

West Central:

North East:

South East:

Nashville has about zero shot of being in the East. That is a complete dream started by Nashville fans in hopes of escaping the Western Conference. The NHL isn't going to screw with the time zones of the Eastern Conference. There is no reason to do that, literally zero benefit. Nashville has no history with anyone in the East. They have no rivalries with anyone regionally. They have no history of success. Travel concerns, in terms of cost to a team, are a joke in a league making tons of money in most markets. Attendance wouldn't increase. There is almost nothing to gain outside of the slight shot of their team being more competitive.

Even Columbus has more arguments than Nashville as they are in the EST and have local rivalries with the Pennsylvania teams. But frankly even that isn't enough to give enough motivation to drop them there. Columbus is a failure of a franchise with the NHLs overwhelmingly most popular team in their division. Hell with the rebirth of Chicago, Columbus has two of the top 5 NHL teams in terms of popularity in their division. Moving to the East won't do shit for that team. They are a bad franchise with a dying fan base. Why shuffle so many things up except in the hope that they suddenly emerge as a real team with more consistent fans because they don't start games late. Detroit has all the same positive arguments plus actually has history against a number of Eastern Conference teams.
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-12-04 at 01:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i love healy.. why is Connolly taking the face-off, why not have someone else out there. who hasn't lost 8....(what a dumb ass)

hughson - it was an icing, they can't change.

at least i got to watch mackinnon put up a 5 goal night against patrick roys team, lol
    Last edited by Masqerader; 2011-12-04 at 02:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    St. Luis Blues, you are all giant friendly people. That is all.

I see wachu did there Conscript! =p
    Last edited by Garbles; 2011-12-04 at 02:47 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The rumored radical realignment the NHL is exploring: http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/...rn=nhl-wp18932

Does that alignment make sense to anyone? The Florida teams get absolutely fucked for travel. Why would they keep 16 in the West and 14 in the East? Wouldn't it make much, much more sense to move both Detroit and Columbus to the East, making it the 16 team conference, which would make all the EST teams in the East? I do not like this plan at all. The unbalanced conferences end up being incredibly mediocre, ask MLB which is abandoning that format likely next year.

FUCK. Something came up today and I ended up missing the game. Followed it on my phone the whole time though. Glad to see the B's put another 'W" up. Missed the Corvo fight too, how did that go? I dont see Corvo as a real fighter, so I'm kinda interested to see how that turned out on the highlights tomorrow.

I swear the Referee's are not even LOOKING at the blackhawks, nice highstick right into Polak's face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeneye7 View Post
    I swear the Referee's are not even LOOKING at the blackhawks, nice highstick right into Polak's face.
    I love how one sided you are about this, were you even watching the game?!? Did you not see how your last goal was scored? The Hawks should of had 2 pp's before the Blues even had 1, that said, you guys had at least 4 pp's and didnt come through on any of them! In fact Hossa made a shorthanded goal on one of them! 5 -2 Hawks, first game Elliot has let in more than 2. Take a seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    I love how one sided you are about this, were you even watching the game?!? Did you not see how your last goal was scored? The Hawks should of had 2 pp's before the Blues even had 1, that said, you guys had at least 4 pp's and didnt come through on any of them! In fact Hossa made a shorthanded goal on one of them! 5 -2 Hawks, first game Elliot has let in more than 2. Take a seat.
    Tell me, what exactly did the blues do to give you guys two power plays right off the bat? i watched the game and i sure didnt see it, tell me and id be more likely to believe it rather than just take some guys word over the internet, see where im coming from here? Least my post had some data rather than a claim. And no bashing was intended towards your team, but to the referees, so thank you for taking it personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeneye7 View Post
    Tell me, what exactly did the blues do to give you guys two power plays right off the bat? i watched the game and i sure didnt see it, tell me and id be more likely to believe it rather than just take some guys word over the internet, see where im coming from here? Least my post had some data rather than a claim. And no bashing was intended towards your team, but to the referees, so thank you for taking it personally.
    Im not taking it personally, im just saying you are an idiot for thinking the refs were out to get the Blues. There was a High Sticking up in Carcillos face but it was never called and on that same rush the Blues ended up scoring, so that should of never happened, then for the Blues second and last goal of the game Sobotka trips Brunette using both his stick and skate, and passes it to Stewart who then scores, so that goal should have never happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both Blues goals were a direct result of non calls. Especially the one right in front of the net where Sobo tripped up Brunette and scored right after. Lol. The irony here is that anyone who watched the game with a non biased viewpoint would tell you that it was in fact the Blues who were getting away with murder.

Tootoo should be kicked out of the NHL. <_<