15+ Year Old Account
    Well Hawks blew it tonight. Bad defensive plays, turnovers and no zone presence leads to game losses. Oh well...on to the west coast.

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    In division is 6 (3H/3A) (24 games)
    In Conference is 4 (2H/2A) (40 games)
    Cross Conference is 1 minimum if i recakll.
    That amounts to 79, meaning 3 against a select few of cross-conference?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    That amounts to 79, meaning 3 against a select few of cross-conference?
    yes, 3 teams CC are played twice.

Dear NHL,
    The NHLPA has decided that we would like to add this rule to the rule book next year.
    In pertaining to the Detroit Red Wings, While Pavel Datsyuk is on the ice, they are only allowed to have 4 skaters on the ice due to the fact that Datsyuk, is in fact, not human, and therefore should count as more than one person.
    I'm in favor for them to turn off the lights, have a spotlight on him, and have his stick glow as he mesmerizes everyone with his puck handling abilities. Best puck control in the NHL, and I've learned it the hard way, many of times.

---------- Post added 2012-02-23 at 11:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    This. STL is garbage on paper, yet they're the 4th best team in the league points wise. Hitchcock turned a garbage team into a defensive trap that doesn't make many mistakes.

Honestly Chicago should be glad that they fell in the standings, as I doubt they'd beat St. Louis.
    Yea he is the reason for our success. Just goes to show how bad Columbus really is.

---------- Post added 2012-02-23 at 11:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    I doubt it.
    You never know. We've played like crap the past couple of nights. Pisses me off. We can play 10 minutes or a period of our game and then just sit back and make mistakes. I'd honestly be more confident if we dropped in standings and played San Jose than you(Hawks) or Nashville. They seem to have our number except for tonight, where we got lucky.

---------- Post added 2012-02-23 at 11:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    And now that guy is nowhere to be found, you're welcome.
    2 straight losses in regulation does that to a person. But hey, 81 points, I'll take it. We had only 94 last year...

---------- Post added 2012-02-23 at 11:58 PM ----------

[QUOTE=Irony;15622732]STL/Detroit are pretty meh on the road.Well we're 3-6 in shoot outs, that's 6 more points that we could have. If we can get our shoot out game in gear, we'd be better on the road.

15+ Year Old Account
    GO BACK to your HOLE! NO ONE SAID YOU CAN COME OUT!. BACK BACK I SAY.

GO BACK to your HOLE! NO ONE SAID YOU CAN COME OUT!. BACK BACK I SAY.
    You could at least look over my posts, instead of noticing a wall of text from me, ordering me back into my hole. And for the record, I just prefer to call it my winter home, because when spring and summer are here, I can come out.

---------- Post added 2012-02-24 at 12:40 AM ----------

no, Garbles was the one who went and hid in the ST Louis hole, and dug it deeper.
    False, this is what happened during that 9 game losing skid. [IMG]

10+ Year Old Account
    lawl Cry more. Icing isn't giving away a goal, nor is it putting someone on a PP. Such a trivial call, even if it was bullshit, demands this much sooking? Couldn't just credit the Canucks with some hard work? nah, you barrack for Detroit.
    (Note: I haven't seen the game, i'm about to sit down to watch it now. I feel a flaming coming on from the vast pool of Red Wing tears)

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, when the streak first started I looked at our home schedule and circled 4 games as possible losses, which included San Jose, Vancouver and 2 Blackhawk games. Obviously I'm disappointed in the streak ending, but at least it was ended by the best road team in the league. Oh well, at least we got a point.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevorkian View Post
    lawl Cry more. Icing isn't giving away a goal, nor is it putting someone on a PP. Such a trivial call, even if it was bullshit, demands this much sooking? Couldn't just credit the Canucks with some hard work? nah, you barrack for Detroit.
    (Note: I haven't seen the game, i'm about to sit down to watch it now. I feel a flaming coming on from the vast pool of Red Wing tears)
    there was nothing trivial about the way that call was made. if that is correctly called Vancouver would have never had time to set up the goal they did.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    All is well, at least Toronto lost last night.
    red panda red panda red panda!

10+ Year Old Account
    there was nothing trivial about the way that call was made. if that is correctly called Vancouver would have never had time to set up the goal they did.
    Nope, call was made fine and they had plenty of time. Call was made with like 32-33 second left in the period. and they had total possession. Takes all of 2 seconds to pass it up ice to someone waiting on the blue line.
    Saying they couldn't have possibly scored with that time remaining is retarded quite frankly. Especially when considering icing put it to a faceoff, try winning one. It's sort of a good chance to take possession back. Also from said faceoff VAN won it, passed it out and got all of 3 shots off before it was passed out from behind your net, to D.Sedin standing directly in the middle of the blue line. Waited a second. and burnt Howards face off with a comet. Now while all this was happening you were so obviously helpless to stop such attack, purely because your shit team got such a harsh and unfair call as a fucking icing....

I'm certain all comments from you, past, present and future, are purely unsubstantiated and biased to the point of not even being a fan of the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait to see if Chicago comes out looking good or terrible next game and either effectively kills Anaheim's season or gives them a glimmer of hope. If they lose they will be 6-8 points out of the 8th spot with five teams to leap. If they win they are 4-6 out with four teams to leap. I think if they lose this game to Chicago on Sunday they will immediately become deadline sellers with a guy like Selanne and maybe a few others. I'd be real surprised if they traded any of the core of Getz, Perry, Ryan though. Anaheim faces pretty much the same situation as the Habs and no one in their right mind considers the Habs as a potential playoff club. Whole lot riding on the games this weekend for teams like Dallas, Minnesota, Colorado, Washington and Winnipeg. A good weekend gets you a realistic shot at a playoff spot. A loss or two puts you in a bleak position.

Didn't watch the game, but it looks like Quincey played well for the Wings. Stepped in and ate 20+ minutes and put up as much goal scoring in his first game as Kindl has put up in 47 games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quincy was definitely a great addition, didn't make mistakes and allowed Ericsson to relax and just do his job rather than having to cover for the inexperienced Kindl. Honestly I'm hoping Quincy isn't just a rental and Holland signs him.
    Last edited by Irony; 2012-02-24 at 02:45 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well at least Reimer didn't completely shit the bed last night and the D were good in front of him. Marleau got two good goals that I can't fault Reimer for really, the defence was out of position on both of them. At least we get the failing Caps tomorrow night, so hopefully a victory can come out of it.

Kings are reportedly shopping Dustin Brown now. Here's to hoping he comes to Boston as he'd be a great fit in our system. Just not sure what we'd give up to get him..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleik View Post
    Kings are reportedly shopping Dustin Brown now. Here's to hoping he comes to Boston as he'd be a great fit in our system. Just not sure what we'd give up to get him..
    WTF! That is a real surprise. They must feel he is the embodiment of what is wrong with their current failures or at least representative of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    WTF! That is a real surprise. They must feel he is the embodiment of what is wrong with their current failures or at least representative of it.
    Overpayed and underperforming forward? Yeah seems about right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Detroit fans here are doing your team no justice at all bitching about an icing call that you don't like. Icing doesn't put the puck in the back of the net bud, and bad calls happen all the time in hockey. Seriously, could you be more butthurt?

Detroit fans - when the Wings are winning they're the cockiest fucks in the league. When they lose they cry like little girls.

[User was Infracted for this Post]
    Last edited by Radux; 2012-02-24 at 05:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Detroit fans here are doing your team no justice at all bitching about an icing call that you don't like. Icing doesn't put the puck in the back of the net bud, and bad calls happen all the time in hockey. Seriously, could you be more butthurt?

Detroit fans - when the Wings are winning they're the cockiest fucks in the league. When they lose they cry like little girls.
    Considering only 33% of Red wings fans in this thread have been complaining about it, I'm unsure of where you're able to back up these stupid claims. As for my statistic? There's only 3 of us in this thread.

And honestly, if think only Wings fan are like this, you are truly daft.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Overpayed and underperforming forward? Yeah seems about right.
    On a team with overpaid and under performing players as well.