15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Kronwall now the league leader in points by D-man and Zetterberg tied for league lead in assists with St.Louis.

Kronwall still a -4 though...
    and somehow Quincey is a +10...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    and somehow Quincey is a +10...
    Team MVP Quincey.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    Team MVP Quincey.
    not a flaming snowballs chance in hell. everyone in Michigan would riot.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Edler and Hamhuis are usually decent enough. Ballard and Garrison aren't too terrible, but we really need to drop people like Bieksa and pretty much every other defenseman on the roster.

We need to dump off Luongo on someone, and hopefully get a quality defensive prospect in the process. He's way too unreliable as a goaltender, and the only reason he has better games than Schneider is because the Canucks play desperation hockey in front of him. When Lu's in, you see them forcing the puck away and making shot blocks, and generally just playing harder because they know letting a couple good shots in on him is asking for an 8-3 ass pounding. When AV plays Schneids, they act like he's Jesus in net and skate like old women, so of course he'll have worse games than the guy they're trying to protect like it's Saving Private fucking Ryan.
    And yet, the ironic thing is that teams that block shots and play defensive hockey in front of their goalies, usually win the Stanley Cup. We got a rotting Mike Komisarek if Vancouver is looking for some experienced D, but we sure as hell don't want Luongo in Leafs Nation.

Yeah, but those teams usually have a goalie that doesn't crumble at the first thought of pressure. I swear Luongo lets in as many stink-goals as he does just so the pressure of a close game never has the chance to get to him.

If the Canucks played like that in front of Schneider instead of taking it easy because it's not Roberto "Five-Holes Everywhere" Luongo, they'd be a constant threat for the Cup each year and not just the team that keeps winning their division but then decides it's everyone else's time to shine when the playoffs start.

10+ Year Old Account
    What? Hawks with another shutout? That is madness.
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that".
    Bill Shankly
    "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month".
    Herb Brooks

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elgefar View Post
    What? Hawks with another shutout? That is madness.
    congratulations. 2 in a season after going nearly 2 seasons wtihout 1 =D

15+ Year Old Account
    How is it possible, for as good as they have seemed when the Wings and Hawks have played them, that Columbus is the worst team in the NHL? I mean yes they should probably be the worst team in the NHL. Fun Fact: Columbus has 12 points. 5 of those are from games involving the Wings in which they are 2-0-1. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey Rennadral, still think the Vancouver announcer guys are the worst homers? Take a listen to this, jesus fuck it makes me embarrassed as hell to watch Flames games.

http://video.flames.nhl.com/videocen...CGY633&lang=en

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Hey Rennadral, still think the Vancouver announcer guys are the worst homers? Take a listen to this, jesus fuck it makes me embarrassed as hell to watch Flames games.

Mehh, I don't personally mind homerish announcers. It can be pretty funny to listen to oftentimes. I mean christ, you should've heard Jack Edwards go off earlier today when Chara had that ridiculous goal, it was hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Though I doubt anyone actually watches Florida games... I have and by god they're awful. They seem to lack hockey knowledge and are blatant homers for the Panthers.

You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Though I doubt anyone actually watches Florida games... I have and by god they're awful. They seem to lack hockey knowledge and are blatant homers for the Panthers.

Wow... I take back what I said about homers being fun to listen to, that was just terrible... I mean, yeah Lucic completely overreacted and shouldn't have gone after Weaver the way he did, but that was a pretty blatant boarding that the refs missed, and those announcers actually said it was a good hit. Lucic deserved the penalty he got for his reaction, but Weaver should not have gotten away with that hit.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I saw that one too and was just scratching my head @ how some guys get jobs. Surely there are some dudes who can call a better game. Those 2 just sound super bias, I remember getting the Florida feed during the playoffs for their home games.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post

I don't really see any problem here. They are doing a broadcast for Calgary Flames fans, they want to listen to announcers who also want their team to win. This is the same across any sport. Getting excited for a goal is absolutely fine in my eyes. However, it definitely is not ok when announcers try to play their teams' dirty hits as clean and legal. Tyson Nash last year during the Torres hit on Hossa is prime example of Homer-ism that is not ok.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleik View Post
    Mehh, I don't personally mind homerish announcers.
    ugh, then you should watch a Ducks game and see how you feel then, Brian Hayward makes me cringe with everything he says I really fucking hate that guy and he's the worst kind of homer you can imagine

10+ Year Old Account
    Since we're discussing homer announcers...

The hockey ones are 7, 4, 3 and 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    the Braves announcers hamming it up at #6 was my favorite

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    I don't really see any problem here. They are doing a broadcast for Calgary Flames fans, they want to listen to announcers who also want their team to win. This is the same across any sport. Getting excited for a goal is absolutely fine in my eyes. However, it definitely is not ok when announcers try to play their teams' dirty hits as clean and legal. Tyson Nash last year during the Torres hit on Hossa is prime example of Homer-ism that is not ok.
    Yeah I dunno it's just a personal thing I don't like. Just hate hearing homer announcers and the fact that the guys that cast my teams games are like that just doesn't sit well with me. I also hate watching Sports Center or whatever and hearing the SN feed with Rob Kerr going bananas after a goal. Leave that for the radio guys. Like I said it's just something I hate.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you ever watch Leafs broadcasts on SportsNet or Leafs TV, you don't get the same kind of homerism that you see with some teams in hockey. I can't say much about the Raptors as I never watch them, but generally sports broadcasters in Toronto surprisingly have very little bias, they want the team they work for to win, but they give positive commentary and opinions about the other teams. Guys like John Garrett just make me want to kick them in the junk for their stupidity. I remember last year when the Leafs rolled into Vancouver, he did nothing but bash them during the entire SportsNet pre-game segment where the guys in Toronto were discussing the game with him and his co-host. Honestly, the gall from a guy who used to work in Toronto as well, though he was just another news paper columnist with his own stupid opinion and did nothing but criticize the Leafs even then.

15+ Year Old Account
    i can honestly say after watching some of the grand rapids guys that i am not overly concerned about Detroits future right now. Tatar/Nyquist/Anderrson and teh rest have been mostly imrpessive.