Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Why even bother? It's obvious that Schneider can't stop a beach ball, but neither can Luongo. I say let Vancouver stew in their goaltending problem for a couple of seasons longer. I don't think there is a team out there that would want Luongo that is in the playoff hunt, he isn't enough of an upgrade to make a difference for most of those teams. Chicago is getting some quality goaltending out of Crawford and Emery, Reimer is starting to come into his own for Toronto and Scrivens has played decently as a rookie in the backup role and can carry the load for short periods of time. And I wouldn't want to go after Miller having seen how horribly he has played this year against teams in a playoff position.
    Miller generally plays well down the stretch.

As bad as Luongo can be in the starter role, he's an amazing backup to have, and Schneider is one of the best goalies in the league who just so happens to play for a team that, if you were to call their defensive situation poor, it would be a gross understatement. Watching them play Edmonton was like watching two octogenarians trying to scissor. It was slow, painful, and downright disgusting. Four goals on five shots is fucking ridiculous. No team should be allowed to just walk in on two separate goalies and score four times in just about as many shots. Honestly, there's no way you blame either for that travesty. Vancouver didn't score a single goal, their defense was terribler than usual - and yes, terribler is now a word because they're too terrible for simply "more terrible" - and their entire strategy consisted of "skate the puck to the neutral zone, dump it or have it stripped away, who the fuck cares, we got this" rinsed and repeated about fifteen times a period ad infinitum. Alain Vigneault apparently forgot to tell them the second half of his master plan, but to be honest I think the dude just accidentally got the job as coach way back when he came in to apply for a janitorial position, some hilarious George Costanza hijinks ensued, and now he's just been winging it for the past seven seasons and the second half of his plan is some ramblings about how to get Kenny Loggins out of the "Danger Zone" scrawled across the business end of a Subway wrapper.

The main things consistently wrong with the Canucks are strategy, adaptability, and, of course, consistency. They're very consistent in their inconsistency, I give them that much. But you have a team that's this good on paper, should be a contender every year, and instead is the laughing stock of the league time and time again. Coaches have been canned for a lot less, and I think it'd be the best idea ever if we just got rid of AV, brought in a coach whose main plan of attack isn't to let the other team run up the score every game, and just see what happens. Can't do any worse than never winning the Cup.

Deleted
    5 minutes in and Detroit have already lost.

15+ Year Old Account
    sigh wtf detroit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Saad for calder!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who's the favorite for Calder so far? Yakupov?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently Sean Avery has a thing or two to say about the New York Rangers situation right now:

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl...8254--nhl.html

Unfortunately he is right. Torts needs to go and Sather needs to be fired. That whole team had a culture and a style last year and the year before, they were tough to play against and had a good defensive game running, then they pissed it all away for Nash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Touchdooooown Blaaaackhaaaawks!!! 27 people die in Walking Dead tonight! Woooooo!!!!!!!!!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    Touchdooooown Blaaaackhaaaawks!!! 27 people die in Walking Dead tonight! Woooooo!!!!!!!!!
    Why watch Walking Dead when GoT is back

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Why watch Walking Dead when GoT is back
    I would but i just started the first season

Anyone else smile when Crosby took the puck to the face? Or am i a sick individual?

Quote Originally Posted by Åmbulance View Post
    Anyone else smile when Crosby took the puck to the face? Or am i a sick individual?
    Not sure why so many people "hate" this guy. Is it because he's the poster boy for the league or is it because he used to whine and dive when he first entered the league and people just love to hold it against him? Must be fans in the East that hate him or something. As someone who's favorite team is in the West, I still do watch the East and Crosby. I watch all hockey no matter who is playing. As for Crosby, I love how hard he works and he has incredible skill. The guy takes a slap shot to the face, pops back up in a few seconds and skates off. Hockey players are known to be very tough, and so is Crosby no matter what the "image" is that people seem to have of him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Åmbulance View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I don't like Crosby. He's insanely talented, probably the best player the game has to offer right now, but he is a whiny, self-centered jerk.

That being said: No, I didn't smile. Puck to the face hurts like hell even if its just a weak wrist shot. A full on slapper by an NHL-calibre defenseman is as close to total annihilation as you'll ever get. He's out indefinitely with a broken jaw and needed surgery, not the time and the place for laughter if you ask me.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you want the face of your sport injured. Hockey is the 4th most popular sport in the U.S and could be slipping to 5th if football/soccer continues to get more and more popular so I think as Hockey fans you don't want him sidelined at all or any other player that draws casual fans.

Detroit got owned by Chicago that wasn't even a game it was a clinic.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    He's definitely matured (Crosby) as the years have gone on. Haven't seen that much complaining and whining, at least not much more than anyone else does, really. I respect him because he's the best player on the face of the earth. He is playing out of his mind so far this year, hoping he returns soon but even if he doesn't, he'll still probably be in the top 10 for points l0l.

edit@calder I have Huberdeau and Conacher both ahead of Yakupov. If Terasenko didn't get injured, he'd have run away with it. Still, he has more points and a better +/- than Yakupov. Huberdeau is the front runner right now in my eyes. He's been the best player on a shitty team which is pretty massive for a rookie.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2013-03-31 at 08:03 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    Not sure why so many people "hate" this guy. Is it because he's the poster boy for the league or is it because he used to whine and dive when he first entered the league and people just love to hold it against him? Must be fans in the East that hate him or something. As someone who's favorite team is in the West, I still do watch the East and Crosby. I watch all hockey no matter who is playing. As for Crosby, I love how hard he works and he has incredible skill. The guy takes a slap shot to the face, pops back up in a few seconds and skates off. Hockey players are known to be very tough, and so is Crosby no matter what the "image" is that people seem to have of him.

it wasn't just when he entered the league, the dude was whining and diving up into the 2010 season minimum.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well Gary Bettman's little boy wonder is out for the rest of the season after having oral...surgery. Whether he returns for the playoffs is unknown, the estimated duration of the injury is 4-6 weeks for proper healing, he could be skating again by the end of April.

---------- Post added 2013-03-31 at 04:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skarsguard View Post
    I don't think you want the face of your sport injured. Hockey is the 4th most popular sport in the U.S and could be slipping to 5th if football/soccer continues to get more and more popular so I think as Hockey fans you don't want him sidelined at all or any other player that draws casual fans.

Detroit got owned by Chicago that wasn't even a game it was a clinic.
    lol MLS is not going to beat out hockey for popularity for a long time. The highest rated game last year was the MLS finals and that only had an audience draw of 1 million American viewers. I am willing to bet that the majority of American NHL teams get those kind of viewer ratings through much of the regular season and the playoffs these days.
    Last edited by Skarsguard; 2013-03-31 at 11:13 PM.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well Gary Bettman's little boy wonder is out for the rest of the season after having oral...surgery. Whether he returns for the playoffs is unknown, the estimated duration of the injury is 4-6 weeks for proper healing, he could be skating again by the end of April.

---------- Post added 2013-03-31 at 04:57 PM ----------

lol MLS is not going to beat out hockey for popularity for a long time. The highest rated game last year was the MLS finals and that only had an audience draw of 1 million American viewers. I am willing to bet that the majority of American NHL teams get those kind of viewer ratings through much of the regular season and the playoffs these days.

With more and more Hispanics migrating to the U.S Soccer/Football is being more and more popular both sports have the hardcore followers and not many casual fans. Players like Crosby and Beckham bring those casual fans and more outside media into their respected sport. I don't think Soccer/Football will take over as 4th spot in the next few years but 5-10 years maybe we will see.

I don't want this to turn into a Hockey vs Football conversation as it should be about Crosby being hurt and how it might or might not effect the NHL.

"I didn't edit your post went to reply and hit edit instead".

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well Gary Bettman's little boy wonder is out for the rest of the season after having oral...surgery. Whether he returns for the playoffs is unknown, the estimated duration of the injury is 4-6 weeks for proper healing, he could be skating again by the end of April.[COLOR="red"]
    Where's your source for this? Everything I'm seeing says out indefinitely but I haven't seen any time table on anything.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Where's your source for this? Everything I'm seeing says out indefinitely but I haven't seen any time table on anything.
    It takes at least a month for bones to heal, that is just common knowledge, especially from those of us who have broken bones in our lives