10+ Year Old Account
    Baaaaaaaammmmmmmmm!
    Peanut butter and jaaaaaammmmmmm!! Lets go HAWKS!

15+ Year Old Account
    lol penalty shot.
    wow chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    If you look it was actually Franzen who played the puck into the zone, negating the offsides. But I can admit the slash penalty shot was definitely questionable.
    I thought he was off side before the puck was played back. Could be wrong, just the way I saw it.

15+ Year Old Account
    chicago 3 high sticks this period alone.
    all ignored.
    detroit. mini slash on breakaway. penalty shot.
    are you fucking kidding me?

---------- Post added 2013-05-27 at 10:43 PM ----------

congratulations chicago, after that terrible penalty shot call you HAVE 0 reasons to complain about the refs in this series. that was fuckign terrible. your team got away with far worse slashes than that this series period.
    Last edited by AceofHarts; 2013-05-28 at 02:43 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    chicago 3 high sticks this period alone.
    all ignored.
    detroit. mini slash on breakaway. penalty shot.
    are you fucking kidding me?

---------- Post added 2013-05-27 at 10:43 PM ----------

congratulations chicago, after that terrible penalty shot call you HAVE 0 reasons to complain about the refs in this series. that was fuckign terrible. your team got away with far worse slashes than that this series period.
    From a objektive point of view the penalty shot was rightfully called. Stop your bias because both team got treated equally.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Still two really bad plays by Smith that led to the first 2 goals in that period.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought Det was going to close it out tonight, I don't see the Hawks losing back at their house now.

Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    I thought he was off side before the puck was played back. Could be wrong, just the way I saw it.
    The rule is, “If a player legally carries or passes the puck back into his own defending zone while a player of the opposing team is in such defending zone, the off-side shall be ignored and play permitted to continue.” So, Toews was off side before the puck was played back, but because it was Franzen who played it back, the offsides isn't called.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but I think the argument that Wings fans have is if Hossa (or whoever it was who had the puck right on the line) played the puck and it deflected off Franzen into the zone then that would still be considered offsides. So it comes down to whether or not Franzen had control of the puck before it went in and I think it's pretty clear that he did.

15+ Year Old Account
    Comin' back to the Madhouse for a Game 7!!!!

Enjoy this picture I took with my phone of how Detroit attempts to get the referees on their side...

http://i.imgur.com/t4RXDm5.jpg?1
    Last edited by Knails; 2013-05-28 at 03:14 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeb View Post
    From a objektive point of view the penalty shot was rightfully called. Stop your bias because both team got treated equally.
    in that case, detroit is owed a penalty shot for the slash datsyuk got about 1 minute later that went completely uncalled.

15+ Year Old Account
    in that case, detroit is owed a penalty shot for the slash datsyuk got about 1 minute later that went completely uncalled.
    Give it a rest Marcelos. I think at this point in the season no one takes anything you say as solid arguement, but just a lot of huffing and puffing. You're not gonna change the referees minds sitting behind a computer on an internet forum crying about it.

You can't even blame the refs though, considering Detroit has given up more than half of their goals against in the third period. It's not the refs fault you suck in the third period and have trouble putting games away. How about you actually look at your own team for once instead of crying about the refs? Chicago straight up outplayed you in the third period.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleik View Post
    You can't even blame the refs though, considering Detroit has given up more than half of their goals against in the third period. It's not the refs fault you suck in the third period and have trouble putting games away. How about you actually look at your own team for once instead of crying about the refs? Chicago straight up outplayed you in the third period.
    lol, hard to do anything i nthe third when the other team is high sticking you (3 times) and getting way with it, tripping you (three times while ON THE POWER PLAY) and getting away with it, and getting penalty shots on weak ass slashes like that in return.

---------- Post added 2013-05-28 at 12:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Knails View Post
    Give it a rest Marcelos. I think at this point in the season no one takes anything you say as solid arguement, but just a lot of huffing and puffing. You're not gonna change the referees minds sitting behind a computer on an internet forum crying about it.
    oh im sorry, thats right, chicago was the one who got hosed on the penalty shot am i right?
    that was the second weakest penalty shot ive ever seen awarded. the first?

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread pretty much delivered as expected

You know how sometimes you want a team to get eliminated because you're sick of their fans?

15+ Year Old Account
    if thats a penalty shot, then there should have been about 15 more penalty shots in this series. but thats the first one.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Frolik is now the first player in NHL history to have 2 penalty shot goals in the post season.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tears flowing, a Red Wings loss woulden't be the same without it

Yup, there is most certainly one fan in this thread with the least objectivity out of us all. Marcelos, calls will be missed, the refs will screw up. They are human beings, there is no conspiracy to screw the Red Wings. Please, calm down and realize your team has a 50/50 chance to win the series now and the only one's they can be upset with are themselves. At the end of the day, regardless of the refs, they have to out play the other team. Quite obviously this isn't happening or we would already be talking about Detroit vs LA/SJ.

lol, hard to do anything i nthe third when the other team is high sticking you (3 times) and getting way with it, tripping you (three times while ON THE POWER PLAY) and getting away with it, and getting penalty shots on weak ass slashes like that in return.[COLOR="red"]
    Yeahhh, except I'm talking all playoff long, not just that game. Your team has been bad in the third period, there's no question about it. You've allowed the most third period goals of any playoff team, and more than half of your goals against this playoff have come in the third period. When it happens that often, and is that big of a difference, that's on the team, not the refs. Can't wait til Detroit is knocked out so I don't have to read your whining for a few months.