Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Judd Apatow thinks haters of new 'Ghostbusters' are Trump supporters

(CNN)Director Judd Apatow has an interesting theory about those who have been hating on the "Ghostbusters" reboot with an all-female cast.
    In an interview with the news and culture website Uproxx, Apatow said he believes there may be a common demographic between those who take issue with the new film starring Melissa McCarthy and Kristen Wiig and those who are supporting a certain presidential candidate.

"I would assume there's a very large crossover of people who are doubtful 'Ghostbusters' will be great and people excited about the Donald Trump candidacy," said Apatow, who is a producer on "Ghostbusters." "I would assume they are the exact same people."The project has been the subject of criticism almost since it was first announced.

Critics have taken umbrage with everything from remaking the 1984 original (considered a classic) with a female cast to the fact that star Leslie Jones -- the only African-American lead actress in the film -- portrays the only Ghostbuster who is not a scientist.
    Apatow praised the movie as being "made by the great Paul Feig and stars the funniest people on Earth." He said he believes too much attention is being given to "just some angry trolls" and predicts that the new "Ghostbusters" will go over well.
    "The movie comes out, and it will be great, and people will just be happy to have it," he said. "It's not like anybody really cares about a couple of idiots who hold onto the idea that things never evolve."
    The movie is set to be released in July.
    I clearly don't want any of the candidates to win, but I 200% don't support Trump, and don't want this movie.
    "Its hard being humble, knowing how awesome I am,"

Deleted
    Hollywood is full of SJW feminist+ beta males. Anyone surprised?

If all the Ghostbusters haters are Trump supporters, Trump will be the next president in a landslide.

Deleted
    Seeing as how the regressive left tends to compare Trump with Hitler I am not surprised. It's just a variation of the good old Godwins Law.

It's best to just ignore people like that. They don't bring anything to the table but insults and stupid ideologies.

Deleted
    A shit movie is a shit movie. Except, apparently, if it's an all female cast. Then you're not allowed to call it a shit movie anymore.

Well, I mean, Thor is in it. But sort of emasculated.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe that the movie will not be a success because the previews paint a pretty dismal picture of it.

Bad jokes told by stereotypical characters whose delivery of "comedy" falls flat.
    I'm okay with them shoehorning in an all female cast - it doesn't bother me. But they could have chosen women who are, you know, funny and talented.

I think the film looks like a steaming pile of dog shit.

Signed,

Someone who isn't even an American, let alone a Donald Trump supporter.
    (I voted for Trudeau.)

Judd Apatow has no idea what he is talking about and is just throwing around random insults because the limelight movie is getting negative remarks.

I hope it flops hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well lets put it this way not every hater is a Trump supporter but a lot of Trump supporters are haters of the new Ghostbusters

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Well lets put it this way not every hater is a Trump supporter but a lot of Trump supporters are haters of the new Ghostbusters
    Probably a lot of Hillary supporters as well, and a lot of Meteor 2016 supporters too.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I hope it flops hard.
    It will have a big opening weekend, and then when word gets out if its shit or not, it will flop after that. Just like Batsupermanaffleck.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    It will have a big opening weekend, and then when word gets out if its shit or not, it will flop after that. Just like Batsupermanaffleck.
    I think the word got out already. It has the most disliked trailer in youtube history.

10+ Year Old Account
    The trailer just wasn't funny. That's all there is to it for me. Kristen Wiig is funny, so hopefully she can save this film. Melissa McCarthy plays basically the same role in every movie she's in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    Probably a lot of Hillary supporters as well, and a lot of Meteor 2016 supporters too.
    No doubt. I dislike Ghostbusters in general so I would automatically dislike this movie lol. I know that Moviebob fella hates it and he's a bleeding heart liberal /shrug

15+ Year Old Account
    the problem with the movie is that the jokes are shallow, unfun and the acting makes them seem like tryhard ghostbuster wannabes.

They could've gone with other female cast like...dunno, Ellen DeGeneres? or someone else who doesn't make me cringe whenever she tries to be funny maybe?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    They could've gone with other female cast like...dunno
    How about four complete unknown extremely talented comedians/actresses, instead of these four hags. That way, you'd get an all-female movie and be all feminist like, plus, you'd help bring out four new talents to the limelight.

I'm surprised Rebel Wilson isn't in this. I mean, they got all the other shit comedians.

This movies going to flop hard and no ones going to give a shit, because this director has no brain cells and I don't even care about politics. I don't even have enough of a fucks to give to use 100% proper grammar for this idiot.

This idiot director just needs to learn to shut his mouth. He's not helping himself or the movie any by his comments. From the previews I thought the movie looked decent, and was thinking about seeing it...as a Trump supporter. His comments though make me feel like I would be less welcome at his movies. If he doesn't want me watching his movie, I'm fine staying home, or perhaps watching a different movie in its place.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I think the word got out already. It has the most disliked trailer in youtube history.
    Ehh... People do the same thing to all CoD trailers and the game still sells a billion copies to teenagers parents.

Quote Originally Posted by thewallofsleep View Post
    The trailer just wasn't funny. That's all there is to it for me. Kristen Wiig is funny, so hopefully she can save this film. Melissa McCarthy plays basically the same role in every movie she's in.
    You've just described every comedian to pass through Hollywood. They all get roles to play themselves. McCarthy is female Chris Farley, Amy Schumer is slut who hides her soft side with sarcasm, Kristen Wiig is witty because she's always the grenade in her friends group, Ryan Reynolds is witty never had a father figure guy, Ben Stiller is Neurotic maladjusted man, Zach Galafinakis has autism but it doesn't stop him from living his life, Tom Hanks everyman reacting to exceptional situations guy, John Candy is nicest guy alive who won't shut up about his awful life person, etc...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    How about four complete unknown extremely talented comedians/actresses, instead of these four hags. That way, you'd get an all-female movie and be all feminist like, plus, you'd help bring out four new talents to the limelight.

I'm surprised Rebel Wilson isn't in this. I mean, they got all the other shit comedians.
    exactly, I mean if you're going to pull something as controversial as gender-switching ghostbusters movie you should've been arsed to pick your lead actors more carefully. working on your movie's dialogues e.t.c . you can't just assemble something up and expect people to upvote it because it's going to be a symbol of a social movement.