Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Looks like people need another lesson on using the same model vs animations.

Lord anthricyst (or anthrycist, still no clue) has an entirely unique model and skin. You can look at rotface, there is a hole in his leg that is not present in lord anthricyst. Look at orzuk, several pieces of him are floating around, and his head is an equal distance from both of his sides. Lord anthricyst has his head displaced slightly to the right (while looking at him). All of these things require an entirely new model to create, and require entirely new skins to fit the models properly.

That said, he does use a similar animation set to ogres or festergut/rotface. But considering how long the game has been going on, it would be difficult to make entirely new animation sets that still look good while being noticeably different. Would you rather had a good reused animation than a new animation that looks like shit?

Not to mention, the animations may be changed slightly to avoid stretching issues (as seen in a video where he was walking).

Also, get the name right damnit! Back in my day we got slapped around for mispronouncing words! *waves cane*

And... epic daily blink, so perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by The Last DJ View Post
    Dear god, it's like I'm in the 1990s all over again. So many kids going OLOLOLOL THE ANTICHRIST I GET IT, KEWL BLIZZARD!!!. All we need are maybe a dozen or so more folks with double x's or 666 in their name and it'll be like an AOL chat log. People didn't whinge this much over Lucifron, ffs, and that was an intentional hellfire reference.

Personally, in combination with the name and the image, I thought of Anthrasax, the perennial amorphous villain from the anime/manga Bastard!!. I guess it's circular logic then, given how Bastard!! contains a religious theme AND sources the names of many people, places, and spells from various heavy metal sources often thought to be Satanic and darkydarkevilmcdarky.
    Not everyone can have a cool log in name like the last dj. But then again not everyone is an aging anime dork who pretends to be a dj. If you have a problem with people who are straight edge I suggest you go fuck yourself while you get a boner from pokemon.

I'm amazed so few people know the difference between a model and a skeletal structure. Maybe I don't read these comments enough - are people here really that stupid? The "model" for Anthricyst bears no resemblance whatsoever to Rotface.

On another note, I loved the Kurdran short story. That part about Sky'ree almost brought a tear to my eye. Wildhammer Dwarves are awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrteaspoon View Post
    YES! People already sdtarted crying about the name.

Can't you players for once, even if for 1 minute. Be satisfied with what you get?

<3 the new model and name. Yes Antichrist was what popped in my head as well, but he doesn't look like the pope. So can't be the real one.

Daily Blink is epic as usual.
    lol no one is crying. We were all just stating that, even though his name is Anthricyst, it bears a striking resemblance to Antichrist. It was humorous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazia View Post
    Your mom is so fat shes the reason blizzard made a limit on mage food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    If words bother you that much perhaps you should try being amish so you can avoid them.

Quote Originally Posted by Duniah View Post
    It's just Rotface reskinned xD.
    That depends on what you mean by "reskinned".

I've always seen "reskinned" and "retextured" as the same thing. This is a "reshaped" AND "reskinned" model, i.e. if you took the texture from this mob and DIRECTLY applied it to Rotface/Festergut, then it wouldn't actually appear exactly the same.

Either way, it's Rotgutfesterface appearance is mostly caused by the same stance/animation set being used, apply it to any model in game and suddenly it's a "festerface reskin omlolz"

Quote Originally Posted by Nekosom View Post
    I'm amazed so few people know the difference between a model and a skeletal structure. Maybe I don't read these comments enough - are people here really that stupid? The "model" for Anthricyst bears no resemblance whatsoever to Rotface.
    Yeah, it scares the crap out of me too. Three core elements to a "being" within a video game. Skeleton(stance/animation), model(shape/structure) and texture(skin/effects). Two of the three of theses are completely unique, although the model would have been worked from a template that is free of viserrors, but that's about as far as it's relationship with the Rotface mob goes.

The reason that the skeletons are used over and over and over again is because they are so time consuming to produce. As mentioned, once a skeleton is made, the model is then applied, they then test for visual errors and tweek the model until it fits the skeleton with the least amount of visglitches as possible.

For an example of how bad a model can look when applied to a skeleton that does fit it, look back at Cata's beta and look at what happened to the troll model when the Human skeleton was applied to it.
    Last edited by Deployed; 2011-04-16 at 09:28 PM.

Look at Sinestra , she is basicly reskinned KJ from sunwell >.> (reason why her body size is different is because of visual modification meaning it only appears different visualy)
    She actualy just uses his animations, and compared to her old model, which if you wanna play the "reskin" game, was exactly like Onyxia's, so it's newer.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    Looks like people need another lesson on using the same model vs animations.

Lord anthricyst (or anthrycist, still no clue) has an entirely unique model and skin. You can look at rotface, there is a hole in his leg that is not present in lord anthricyst. Look at orzuk, several pieces of him are floating around, and his head is an equal distance from both of his sides. Lord anthricyst has his head displaced slightly to the right (while looking at him). All of these things require an entirely new model to create, and require entirely new skins to fit the models properly.

That said, he does use a similar animation set to ogres or festergut/rotface. But considering how long the game has been going on, it would be difficult to make entirely new animation sets that still look good while being noticeably different. Would you rather had a good reused animation than a new animation that looks like shit?

Not to mention, the animations may be changed slightly to avoid stretching issues (as seen in a video where he was walking).
    ^

Blizz I'm horribly disappointed in you!
    Jesus christ the laziness of developers these days just simply astounds me. Its like they can't even be bothered to try anymore......
    I long for the days when newly released models were original and well thought out.
    But this....THIS!!!!!!
    Everyone knows anthracite burns blue blizzard, and your decision to make him red is the reason I'm quitting the game.

Quote Originally Posted by myrkyr View Post
    Everyone knows anthracite burns blue blizzard, and your decision to make him red is the reason I'm quitting the game.
    Started with a "trolling bro?", but with this line you just made my day.
    But /nitpick, color is based on skin, not model
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Reported for being horribly prejudice...

Quote Originally Posted by Djouga View Post
    Hell yes at least some hate for the christians!

Reminded me of a Slayer's song.

Great name, I will scream it into Christians' pathetic & foolish ears while raiding.

one of the ugliest boss models I've ever seen, the daily blink though was hilarious and so true!

Quote Originally Posted by Oblesidon the Kingslayer View Post
    Reported for being horribly prejudice...
    Agree'd, people like him have no business playing games with real people. Horrible little slimball is a dark mark on this community in game AND out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Dear Blizzard, stop making new content, models, or changes. Just scrap wow and go back to the Gold Release version of this game, every change you ever make, every peice of art, quest, lore, story class ballance only causes people to whine. Why give them a model when you could just give them a mountain giant of a different colour, they will only resent you for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by myrkyr View Post
    Blizz I'm horribly disappointed in you!
    Jesus christ the laziness of developers these days just simply astounds me. Its like they can't even be bothered to try anymore......
    I long for the days when newly released models were original and well thought out.
    But this....THIS!!!!!!
    Ahhh, this made me laugh so hard. I for one didn't actually see antichryst when i first saw it, and i cant see how one would

Meh typical blizzard lazyness, anthricyst looks nearly exactly like rotface with different colours :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radeghost View Post
    Great model. I've readed it like "Lord Antichrist"- I don't like the name.
    Took the words right out of my mouth.

yep.. glad to notice i'm not the only one who think his name was antichryst lol..

Quote Originally Posted by Failmuffins View Post
    The first thing I thought of when I saw the pic for the 3 Hammers:

I lol'd at this. Several times actually.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xPraetoriaNx View Post
    And just to add a bit to the whine-river --- Why Blizz adds 4.2 things into the PTR instead of releasing 4.1 finally? :C
    Because there is more than one developer/artist at Blizzard maybe?

Its a monster, its not supposed to sparkle and shine

Daily blink - Clever