Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    may be seen as needed or acceptable by Blizz
    C. Rules Related to Game Play. Game play is what World of Warcraft is all about, and Blizzard strictly enforces the rules that govern game play. Blizzard considers most conduct to be part of the Game, and not harassment, so player-killing the enemies of your race and/or alliance, including gravestone and/or corpse camping, is considered a part of the Game. Because the Game is a "player vs. player" game, you should always remember to protect yourself in areas where the members of hostile races can attack you, rather than contacting Blizzard's in-game customer service representatives for help when you have been killed by an enemy of your race.
    http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/wow_tou.html

There you clearly see that Blizzard has stated that camping (grief?) and PvP is a part of PvP server mechanics and is to be expected and prepared for. So you're going to call me a douche for aligning myself with the proper mechanics that Blizzard intended. Malicious or not, don't take it personal. People are just playing the game. You are done here.

---------- Post added 2011-04-22 at 08:56 AM ----------

And you call me a troll, right? Nice.
    Would you like to address the content of the debate I presented? Or are you going to ignore the meat of the text and focus on one line?

Quote Originally Posted by Castel View Post
    People choose PvP servers because they think they're going to be the most dangerous predator in the jungle. Then they find out that the reality is they're just the littlest guy in the prison shower.
    True, and I think a lot of people don't really know what PVP means when signing up, sure they might read it but don't understand the ramifications. Then they get into the game and get ganked while trying to level and they don't get it. Not defending them in any way just that they don't know any better, most people didn't before ever playing.

Quote Originally Posted by madyaks View Post
    True, and I think a lot of people don't really know what PVP means when signing up, sure they might read it but don't understand the ramifications. Then they get into the game and get ganked while trying to level and they don't get it. Not defending them in any way just that they don't know any better, most people didn't before ever playing.
    So because they didn't fully understand the ramifications of playing on a PvP server, PvP'ers get called named and trolled?

Quote Originally Posted by parakeith View Post
    So because they didn't fully understand the ramifications of playing on a PvP server, PvP'ers get called named and trolled?
    So when I said NOT DEFENDING THEM IN ANY WAY you really didn't understand that part?

So when I said NOT DEFENDING THEM IN ANY WAY you really didn't understand that part?
    Oh, I did. If you weren't defending them then what was the point in posting that? It's not an excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Sadly, this is the fucking exact point. No one told you to dress in stripper clothing to get gangraped. No one told you to have a homosexual relationship and get killed by a bigot suicide bomber. No one told you to get paralyzed and get beaten to death by thugs and strong people who do it for the "LULZ". It's your fault for not fucking doing anything to deal with or prevent it. Yes even if you have no arms or legs, you can fend off an attacker. Nothing is impossible these days, despite those who say so.
    If this is for real, it's scary and possibly drug-induced posting.
    If this is a joke, it's ...ummm, just wrong on so many levels.
    If this is a troll, it's exquisite yet strangely repelling.

I have no idea which.

---------- Post added 2011-04-22 at 04:39 PM ----------

Dude, suicide is an ANALOGY, not an equivalent. It is supposed to show how UNREASONABLE "log off" argument is. I ask you once again to quit missing the point.

Why should I? I like the server, I like the game - I just don't like some people on the server. Surely we can find a compromise here, no?
    Ok, saying that logging off is analogous to suicide is freaking insane. One is permanent and scary and hurts the hell out of the people who find you, see you do it, care about you or have to deal with the consequences. Plus someone (not me, hopefully) has to clean up your body, unless you're nice enough to make sure that's not an issue.

The other is a keystroke or two on a keyboard, done by millions of people every day in a very easy and not at all serious manner, and people can change their mind and log back in within seconds. Usually done by PVE'ers who don't belong on PVP servers and rage quit when they have to deal with the consequences of rolling on a PVP server.

---------- Post added 2011-04-22 at 04:44 PM ----------

situation:
    1. Player A gets corpse camped by Player B. Result: Player A is not playing the game.
    2. Player A gets corpse camped by Player B, Player A logs off. Result: Player A is not playing the game.

How logging off is a reasonable solution?

Think about that. I won't even bother to explain suicide analogy once again. (it's not in the above either)
    1. Player A can still communicate with people and run around as a ghost and try to outwith the enemy player. In this situation there is only one enemy, so you can always rez at max distance from your corpse and run as far as you can in the direction of guards/friends. You're still playing the game, you're still logged in and you're not frozen, there's plenty of networking and you have a button to push.
    2. Result: Player A logs into another character and goes about his or her business. Corpse-camping person is left standing around doing not much at all besides watching a corpse for hours. Player A has fun and wins the PVP. Player B doesn't get what he or she wants, and therefore loses. This is reasonable because Player A wins and has fun.

PVP? WTF IS THAT?!?!

World of warcraft isnt a PVP game.. its rol the correct class and faceroll everything else game...

SKILSL IN PVP?? bullshit just make a ret pally you own anything LOl...

world of warcraft has never been a skillbased game so its funny to see people in OP classes talking bullshit here as allways.. fucking noobs

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    This thread is STILL going? I applaud you all for somehow sneaking this flamewar past a lock thus far... It is extremely apparent that neither side is gonna budge, why are you all still arguing about it? As long as WoW exists, there will be some people who like to grief, there will be some people (including myself) that think it is a dbag thing to do, and there will be a third group who doesn't care either way - let's all accept that and stop making these pointless threads.

Pointless? Who you calling pointless??

j/k

No really, this thread made me think a bunch, the results of which are at the bottom of the OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coldbear View Post
    If this is for real, it's scary and possibly drug-induced posting.
    If this is a joke, it's ...ummm, just wrong on so many levels.
    If this is a troll, it's exquisite yet strangely repelling.

I have no idea which.
    It's real, and no I'm not fucking on drugs. The victim will always be at fault for their "victimization act".

srsrly where did u get ur profile pic brah.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

Deleted
    In real life, not knowing the law is not an excuse for breaking it. I don't see why people should get special treatment here just because they couldn't figure out what PVP servers entailed before they chose it.

I guess PvP is too hard a concept to understand.

Stop re-posting this Angwe shit. He isn't even good, or skilled. It's the other people's reactions that make the story interesting. You're actually QQing about QQing. There is no aspect of WoW left untouched by your tears. It's time to stop posting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharnn View Post
    I started playing the game when I was 11 during BC. I actually discovered jacking off and came for the first time during a Gruul's Lair raid with my guild!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    It's real, and no I'm not fucking on drugs. The victim will always be at fault for their "victimization act".
    This thread is going places.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

15+ Year Old Account
    Really, comparing PvP to getting gang raped?

Just no, really, don't even try that.