Angry Low level alli dungeons /RAGE

So I have been playing WoW since BC and I've been Horde ever since then until the other day I was bored and rolled a Human Priest. Right as I hit level 15 I queued up for a random, got Deadmines and omg the tank was in all gray/white gear and basicly the same with everyone else. The hunter was only using melee and occasionally auto shot. The tank would run into a pack of mobs and just stand there and key board turn. So after that frustration, I did another one same thing >.> So far I am level 24 and every single random dungeon I go into this is what I get. Am I just unlucky or is this really what Alliance is? I mean I just leveled a hunter on horde and I've never gotten one of those groups ever. Occasionally I you would get a noob but not the whole group.

Deleted
    bad luck i guess. but yes there are alot more tards on alli side :P

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Let's please not turn this into an Alliance vs. Horde debate.

What we have here is either:

a) You're very unlucky.
    b) Perhaps it's because they're new, and doesn't have anything to do with faction?

Deleted
    The best part about this thread is that you think it's related to faction.

You just discribed 99% of people who play cows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    because they're new
    We have a winner

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthrot View Post
    We have a winner
    Yay! Do I get a cookie? <3

that's funny. i got the same feeling, only it was the other way round. i played alliance since vanilla and while i was running lowbie dungeons on my (now main) goblin shammie i kept getting total newfies in the LFD runs. i remember whining to my friends 'god those hordie lowbies sure don't know how to fucking play'.

i later forgot about it, think it was pure bad luck.

Low level players are likely new to the game... thus noobs...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    b) Perhaps it's because they're new, and doesn't have anything to do with faction?
    Probably this, I recently leveled a horde toon and then an alliance toon using the dungeon finder and found people were quite similar regardless of faction.

Over the last few days, I also spent a lot of time in low level LFD. My priest (alliance side) went from 15 to 41 and the experience was certainly eye-opening. Like most, I've had my grumbles about LFD for 85 heroics, but this was far worse.

As the original poster notes, there are all kinds of bads in low level LFD. Melee hunters, balance druids in agility gear, ret paladins with shields, you name it. Even with the handicaps of poor gear selection and deficient spell rotations, these players always underperform. I'm really puzzled where they came from. Perhaps these are the new players that Blizzard hoped to attract in Cataclysm? I have no idea.

For me, at least, the bads weren't the biggest problem. The deliberate afkers and griefers are what have produced the least fun parts of my leveling experience. Based on the afk-like behavior patterns I observed, I think players may be botting dungeons. The sorts of things I was seeing were very similar to battleground bots in terms of movement. It was consistent across players and class, but maybe I am incorrectly mistaking bad an inattentive for bot. As for griefers, this is fairly self-explanatory, but it was my impression that the vote kick tool is essentially useless for most low level dungeons that can be completed well before the 15 minute timer expires.

Several of the classic dungeons have been updated in ways that, I think, are really smart and appropriate. Dungeon quests are available from inside the dungeons, most of the longer and more terrible trash pulls have been reduced, and a couple of the bosses are more interesting than I remember them being. That said, my experience suggests that the LFG tool is currently broken with respect to removing problem players from groups. It's incredibly frustrating and I've seriously questioned how badly I want to level up this alt.

10+ Year Old Account
    yea total bad luck with some newbers..nothing to do with factions trust me ive seen it both ways. the very low lvl stuff you are gonna se a ton of crazy stuff...hunter melee will be common..i had a prot pally healer the other day...and my personal fav was a lock that insisted on punching stuff swearing it does the best damage. but once you get out of the super low dungeons and into say 30 40 50 stuff it will be (while not alltogether gone) alot better i promise

The riptide is free..but the GWH? Thats gonna cost you..

Quote Originally Posted by Robotron View Post
    You just discribed 99% of people who play cows.
    There is so much truth to this statement
    Quote Originally Posted by Margrim
    "Heroism sounds like an old lady picking flowers
    Bloodlust sounds like Freddy Krueger dualwielding Gnomes."
    Quote Originally Posted by Demichelis View Post
    Phantasmagorical novelization, oh great one. Art thou enraged?

at least was a prot war, i hate when retardins or arms warrs try to tank with a 2h.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassnectar View Post
    So I have been playing WoW since BC and I've been Horde ever since then until the other day I was bored and rolled a Human Priest. Right as I hit level 15 I queued up for a random, got Deadmines and omg the tank was in all gray/white gear and basicly the same with everyone else. The hunter was only using melee and occasionally auto shot. The tank would run into a pack of mobs and just stand there and key board turn. So after that frustration, I did another one same thing >.> So far I am level 24 and every single random dungeon I go into this is what I get. Am I just unlucky or is this really what Alliance is? I mean I just leveled a hunter on horde and I've never gotten one of those groups ever. Occasionally I you would get a noob but not the whole group.
    You are pugging.. you have no rights to complain.. Get a guild or give up/put up.