Casuals aren't all bad

Been reading these posts a lot lately and it seems every other post is casuals are dumb, casuals just want gear, etc. I consider myself a casual player and it's a bit by choice and mostly out of necessity. I do work and have a life and therefore can't make most raiding schedules. I used to be in a 4-day a week raiding guild and enjoyed it. I worked for my gear and beat my head against a wall doing 10 wipes on a new boss for multiple hours a night. Yet as much as "casuals" are beat down, there were still so many regular raiding people that wanted that gear handed to them and wouldn't do anything to get it until the guild had the boss on easy clear. It's because of those people that I choose not to try joining a raiding guild. There's always the core 10-15 players who are good, easy to get a long with, and are always on time for the raid. It was always the fillers for 25s that are the obnoxious, greedy, often stupid players that I choose not to join a hard core guild.

Now I read posts and feel insulted by being a casual player knowing that I've done all 4 or 5 rep grinds for cata on 3 toons and have their main spec gear sets to 350, as well as some of their off-sets that are all gemmed and enchanted. I don't raid because, as I said earlier, I don't have time. And because I haven't raided, I can't get a spot when I do have time for the raid. I did do one BH on my DK as a tank, and even as the first time seeing the instance I didn't screw up, while the other tank almost wiped us for taunting at the wrong time. Raiding isn't difficult to me. It's easy to learn a fight and it's easier to stay out of the shiny stuff on the floor. I don't claim to be the best but while raiding in LK I was able to do better dps than most people with higher iLevels, I could always hold aggro and survive longer than other tanks and be more aware than them as well, and despite my dislike for healing I wasn't the worst at it either.

I also hate PvP for the reason that it causes most of the buffs and nerfs that come through the game, and as I read the posts about the upcoming patches it seems to be all the Regular players that QQ more about it because they have to be able to kill everything and are unable to adapt, not to mention the same for PvE. Many don't seem to realize that if a class is OP, or just has a simple advantage over them, to just stay away or get better and change your rotations around to counter whatever the other class does. Not to be mistaken, I do enjoy world PvP. It makes dailies and questing more than just a simple grind to where you have to be aware that "Oh, there's an enemy player over there" and stay on your toes. I don't camp, and I don't kill anyone that's not worth honor. I generally even give a player a chance to eat again if we do happen to cross paths and feel like fighting again.

I'm sure I'm going to get bashed a bit for having written this, but I really don't care. Casual player is a very loose term and doesn't directly relate to bad. There are plenty of regular raiding players, melee especially, that aren't aware that they have a kick. Or casters that won't stop a cast to move from fire or keep from getting interrupted, or even still cast when it heals the boss. So please, just shut up about casuals

You have to understand the mindset of the folks who rag on casuals like that.

Anyone who plays less than me and/or is bad at the game = Casual.
    Anyone who plays more than me and/or is better than me = No life loser.

But, even if you are casual, you should still strive to be a better player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just going to start a flame war..
    /popcorn

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    You have to understand the mindset of the folks who rag on casuals like that.

Anyone who plays less than me and/or is bad at the game = Casual.
    Anyone who plays more than me and/or is better than me = No life loser.

But, even if you are casual, you should still strive to be a better player.
    This sums it up OP

10+ Year Old Account
    TL;DR, however responding to the post title. Casual aren't bad in my book on any occasion, it's a game, so any player should be able to play when they want to and for how long they want to. Once I was a very HxC raider, now I'm casual because I have become very busy.

There is nothing wrong with casuals.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-