Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    That Guildmaster seems like a self-righteous bunny really. If i was kicked for no reason after grinding a guilds levels for them i would be fucking pissssed. Also all the people saying " LOL SERVEES DA BADS RIGHT HURRR DURRR THEY WERE BADS", If you read it all, he said he even Kicked the good players, as they still had no use for them anyways as their raids were full.

Sounds like the kind of basement-dweller that got picked on in school, so he retreated to video-games where he has a feeling of superiority, where infact hes still a moron.

Time for those poor bastards to grind Reputation with a new guild...ugghhh

Let's watch our language a bit, shall we? Thanks.
    Last edited by Elysia; 2011-04-22 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimir View Post
    The guild my main character is in has done this very thing and has informed each and every worker bee they've invited that in exchange for perks, they will provide guild exp and once we reach the cap, they will be kicked.
    It is a mutually beneficial deal that both parties have agreed to, and as such it is "fair" in the sense that both parties agreed. If a guild's leadership at any time decides they would like to take the guild in a new direction, they maintain the positions of power to shape the guild as they please and to add or remove memberships as they see fit.
    This I can agree with 100% As long as those invilved know exactly what's going on - fine. We were actually going to go in this direction - and then saw the chaos that resulted in a guild that actually did. We decided to do it ourselves. Might be slower - but we're happier for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    Now this is entertaining!
    This

You can usually expect things like this coming to happen looking at people's behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    I find it more surprising that you think its acceptable for those people to leech, bitch and complain about not getting anything when they contributed nothing to the guild.

Just think of a similier situation in real life. Say the government suddenly cracks down and stops 90% of people on Job Seekers allowence because after investigation they found that these people were just lazy and weren't actually interested in finding a job. Now do you think its acceptable? Or do you think that those people should have been allowed to continue claiming Job Seekers payments which is paid for through the taxes paid by those who actually work? I sure as hell dont. If your too lazy to work or find a job, you deserve to starve.
    I guess you started in WotLK. Correct me if I'm wrong. Projecting to real life the guild is organization that recruits people for specific spots inside it's structure. That means that every person that is invited to the guild is supposed to have prearranged purpose that one is supposed to fulfil. If he fails at that is either removed or replaced depending on the importance of the spot. Now when you get people to your structure and dont provide the spot inside your guild what would you expect? People would complain. It's quite clear that there was a purpose for those people but the leadership lied/didnt tell about it. It's just a scam, nothing else.

You know I guess it would be alright, as long as the guild leader or recruiting person let the people know that they would be kicked after the guild reached lvl 25. Which, from what it looks like, this asshat of a guild leader decided not to inform people that's what they would be doing.

The guild leader used the other members as sheeps to farm experience. It was not right. If people were bad, then they should have kicked them before. The guild leader is duchebag and bustard like no other. Some people were using it as leveling guild, if the guild leader did not agree with it should not have invited so many people or at least should have kicked them before when they were getting troublesome.

...He was not up front about this.
    All parties benefited from the perks, but according to people in that guild, none of the kicked people saw this coming.

To me, that is poor taste.

A guild leader should have a clear vision of what he wants and how he wants to achieve it. If you know you're going to be a 10m guild, which he did...just let people know...

You don't tell the hooker you love her

10+ Year Old Account
    Something similar to this actually happened with my guild. Except we didn't kick the active people, we kicked the inactive people.
    Now every single day, we get bashed, cussed out, and everything in trade, all because not only were we server 1st 25, but because we kicked all the inactive people? I mean hell, kick the inactive shits that didnt help us get 25, what's the problem with it? I see nothing wrong with it.

And heck - my guild is just a laid back, casual raiding guild. We're not that progressed. We're casual. We were first 25. SO WHAT?
    But all of those people we kicked, did they actually put in an effort to give the guild xp? Yeah, sure, like... 100k in total when you look at me and a few other very dedicated memebers of my guild, there's 30mil + in xp under our belts. I mean heck, I'll take a full heirloom set and the guild perk... that's like 65% xp gain right there. But if that's all your using the guild for, is to level a toon, then don't be QQing when you're kicked for not giving any real effort to help the guild.
    Last edited by korrable; 2011-04-22 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Added more reasoning.

Signature by the lovely Rivele.
    My Monk, The Avatar

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonystark View Post
    I like what someone else mentioned
    gkick = player retains their experience and the guild loses it (reduction in level possible)
    gquit = player loses guild experience and guild keeps it

Only problem is that if ppl really act like immature idiots, why should the guild then be punished? Or if a leading member of a guild starts to verbally abuse a member, said member can't leave without being punished further.

No, ppl who join a guild with 400+ members, should know the risks they are taking. This is a mutual abuse to gain perks.

And while the leaders of some of these major guilds may have intended to kick most of the ppl who helped level the guild, these ppl should also have seen it coming.

Several well founded guilds with a good reputation recruited a lot of casual members to level. The casuals that acted mature, didn't beg for gold or boosts, who didn't spam guild chat with shit, well they got to stay. Like with everything else, there will be losers from time to time. Ppl who wrongfully get kicked, who actually would have liked to stay. Then again, ppl should open their eyes and use their brain, before joining a guild with 900 ppl......

Edit: You can have all the right intentions but with several hundreds of ppl you can't always control the outcome.
    Last edited by mmoc3a262a3a21; 2011-04-22 at 09:56 PM.

What a fantastic read! i love this guy

Honestly, It's only slightly unfair that he purged his guild of a few hundred people (imaging how sore the hand must be from gkicking so many people in one sitting) What bothers me, he mentions pvp, etc. Why doesn't he want an Alt Raid? I couldn't imagine being in a guild with only 10 active raiders. nevermind the bad reputation his guild might've accrued for you know, gkicking 500 people, on a given server. what happens when one or more of his 10 dedicated raiders quits the game or takes and extended break. his encapsulated view of a massively multiplayer game will come back to bite him if one of his dedicated few ups and quits.

An interesting abuse of mechanics, however. I wouldn't be surprised to see an answer to this in 4.2 if other guilds try it. maybe not the one in the OP, I think blizzard might have a more elegant solution.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    I guess you started in WotLK. Correct me if I'm wrong. Projecting to real life the guild is organization what recruits people for specific spots inside it's structure. That means that every person that is invited to the guild is supposed to have prearranged purpose that one is supposed to fulfil. If he fails at that is either removed or replaced depending on the importance of the spot. Now when you get people to your structure and dont provide the spot inside your guild what would you expect? People would complain. It's quite clear that there was a purpose for those people but the leadership lied/didnt tell about it. It's just a scam, nothing else.
    Wrong. Very start of TBC I started. But anyone who disagrees with you has to be a wrath baby right? Also on that other basis you are wrong. Some guilds recruit to fill blank spots yes. But go check out your local trade channel. I bet you see loads of "casual" guilds recruiting just for the sake of adding numbers. If your recruited to a guild with the knowledge that yoru being recruited to actually fill a purposeful spot, then go ahead, you are free to complain. But if you read the the OP, many of the people recruited were just recruited for the sake of adding up numbers. They had their 10 man core and anyone else who was invited was simply a number. If they had been told they were destined for a spot in a raid, then they were lied to but thats not what this is about. They got recruited to a guild with no expectations other than "the guild has a high level, I can use its perks". They got that use and then they got booted for whining about stuff they were never promised.

I find it more surprising that you think its acceptable for those people to leech, bitch and complain about not getting anything when they contributed nothing to the guild.

Just think of a similier situation in real life. Say the government suddenly cracks down and stops 90% of people on Job Seekers allowence because after investigation they found that these people were just lazy and weren't actually interested in finding a job. Now do you think its acceptable? Or do you think that those people should have been allowed to continue claiming Job Seekers payments which is paid for through the taxes paid by those who actually work? I sure as hell dont. If your too lazy to work or find a job, you deserve to starve.
    Except they did contribute something to the guild. That's the only reason they were invited in the first place. If it wasn't for those "leeches" that guild would probably still be below level 20. I find it odd that the guild leader looks down on all these people he kicked when in reality his guild NEEDED them to get where it is. The people who were kicked most likely contributed the majority of the guild experience. He stepped on the backs of people he deemed worth less than him and exploited them for personal gain ( for him and his core raid team.)

Their progress isn't even impressive enough for them to have such an ego :P he could have been a bit more polite, its their mistake for giving randoms invite rights.. but then I saw the part about beggers.. yea...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goincommando View Post
    Except they did contribute something to the guild. That's the only reason they were invited in the first place. If it wasn't for those "leeches" that guild would probably still be below level 20. I find it odd that the guild leader looks down on all these people he kicked when in reality his guild NEEDED them to get where it is. The people who were kicked most likely contributed the majority of the guild experience. He stepped on the backs of people he deemed worth less than him and exploited them for personal gain ( for him and his core raid team.)
    But he looked down on them, after realizing how terrible some of them behaved and how little some of them contributed with.

I don't blame the guild for doing this. I blame Blizzard for their lack of thought with how people will do whatever it takes to get an easy road for them then cut ties once they get what they want. In a way I'd love to see Blizzard remove the guilds exp gained from the outsiders just to see their reaction. I know it won't happen, but it would be more funny than this.

Blizzard should just remove the whole rep gain system from players for a guild and simply just make it days in guild. After 3months in a guild you are exalted with them.

Wrong. Very start of TBC I started. But anyone who disagrees with you has to be a wrath baby right? Also on that other basis you are wrong. Some guilds recruit to fill blank spots yes. But go check out your local trade channel. I bet you see loads of "casual" guilds recruiting just for the sake of adding numbers. If your recruited to a guild with the knowledge that yoru being recruited to actually fill a purposeful spot, then go ahead, you are free to complain. But if you read the the OP, many of the people recruited were just recruited for the sake of adding up numbers. They had their 10 man core and anyone else who was invited was simply a number. If they had been told they were destined for a spot in a raid, then they were lied to but thats not what this is about. They got recruited to a guild with no expectations other than "the guild has a high level, I can use its perks". They got that use and then they got booted for whining about stuff they were never promised.
    The problem is not raiding spots. The members did not expect a raiding spots all the time. They used the guild as lvling guild or guild for perks. the members contributed xp to the guild, they did not expect to get kicked. The guild leader used them then kicked them. A bustard and shit hole

This is hilarious, because this guild seems to be 0/13 heroics. Elitist 10m that "doesn't need people" can't even kill H Halfus.

Laughable.

As for what they did, it's in the GM's rights to do it. That simple. That absolute. If you trusted the GM, that was that, you shouldn't have.

Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post

It borders on scam, because leadership DID intend this to happen but didn't inform the members about it.
    Completely agree with you here. It IS a scam: guild officers invited ppl into guild without telling them that they will be kicked upon guild reaching lvl 25. And I was really AMAZED how many ppl on this forum find such actions acceptable. Really, guys? Are you dicks in real life as well, or just behind monitor? I bet my life you won't have a guts to do shit like that (or anything similar) in real life. Honestly, I think you are pussies.

Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    Only problem is that if ppl really act like immature idiots, why should the guild then be punished? Or if a leading member of a guild starts to verbally abuse a member, said member can't leave without being punished further.

No, ppl who join a guild with 400+ members, should know the risks they are taking. This is a mutual abuse to gain perks.

And while the leaders of some of these major guilds may have intended to kick most of the ppl who helped level the guild, these ppl should also have seen it coming.

Several well founded guilds with a good reputation recruited a lot of casual members to level. The casuals that acted mature, didn't beg for gold or boosts, who didn't spam guild chat with shit, well they got to stay. Like with everything else, there will be losers from time to time. Ppl who wrongfully get kicked, who actually would have liked to stay. Then again, ppl should open their eyes and use their brain, before joining a guild with 900 ppl......

Edit: You can have all the right intentions but with several hundreds of ppl you can't always control the outcome.
    there is no risk. Only a duchebag will use others, then leave them out to dry. people trust others unless theres a reason for not to. If people always expect deceit how screwed the real life and the game world would be.