10+ Year Old Account

Cross-faction gold transfer

My horde has about 10k gold. I want to find a way to send this gold to my ally toon on the same server. Anyone know any tricks to do this. If I make arrangements to trade with someone (my horde gives their horde 8 k gold then their ally gives my ally 8 k gold), is this against the ToS? Also, if they ninja my gold, can I get it back by submitting a ticket? Any help would be much appreciated.

Deleted
    you could always put an item on a neutral AH for the amount you want to send over, eg. get your ally to put a piece of wool cloth on for the 8k gold then get your horde character to buy it. its safer than involving someone else with the transaction because no one is going to buy cloth for 8k :P

i believe u can sell 1x linen cloth on neutral aution house for 8k gold, you horde character then then buy it for 8k gold.

however u cannot buy your own autions...so u have to get a friend to buy your auction. (trade your friend 8k gold)

(neutral AH in booty bay or any of the other goblin cities)

Lots of people play both factions. Ask people you know and trust if they have a toon (or know someone they trust) on the opposite faction, ideally someone who used to play the other faction as their "main", but now have switched. Then just trade. There is risk, but you will save on the neutral auction house cut of the transaction.

Surely there are people llike you looking to do the same thing. Just be careful who you choose.

You should not put an auction on the neutral auction for transferring gold because it takes 15% of the auction, you should instead see what sells expensive on the other faction, buy lots of that on your faction, put it on the neutral auctionhouse for 1copper and then sell the items you bought for profit on the other side.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Neutral AH takes a pretty big cut when transferring large sums of gold. I would say either find a trustworthy person ally side to trade gold to for gold horde side (not against the ToS so far as I know) or get a friend and do the neutral AH thing with a fortune card. This way you can old put it up for a small(er) amount like 100+ gold or the most your ally tune can afford and send over 5000 or so gold that way.

Be careful for neutral AH snipers that sit there and refresh the AH all day looking for things like this. To avoid this screwing you I'd make sure whatever I posted it at would put in on at least the second page when sorted by cheapest price. Aside from that make sure your friend is standing there online ready to search for "fortune card" as soon as you post it. Use ventrillo or some other voice chat so he can search the same second you post it.

If you want to avoid all risk though just do as others have said, buy a junk weapon from a vendor ally side. Have a friend post it or post it yourself. Then buy it out horde side if a friend posted it, or have a friend you lent 8k gold to buy it out if you posted the ally side auction. Short of faction transferring a character you really need somebody to help you out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let your alliance toon buy a gray item you auctioned with your horde toon in the booty bay auction house for 10k g. Then your alliance toon receives the 10k g

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyshine View Post
    You should not put an auction on the neutral auction for transferring gold because it takes 15% of the auction, you should instead see what sells expensive on the other faction, buy lots of that on your faction, put it on the neutral auctionhouse for 1copper and then sell the items you bought for profit on the other side.
    there is only one small flaw on doing this, there a a lot of people that know about this trick and are lurking the neutral AH for those deals waiting to screw you over, is highly risky but also effective

---------- Post added 2011-04-23 at 10:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    Let your alliance toon buy a gray item you auctioned with your horde toon in the booty bay auction house for 10k g. Then your alliance toon receives the 10k g
    he would need 2 accounts for that sinc eyou cant buy your own auctions

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyshine View Post
    Just NO.

I did the same months ago, I put a Berzerking Scroll enchant at neutral AH, 2 secs after someone buyout that for 5g. FML

Anyway all you need to transfer gold is, 1 person who you can trust / or access to one of your friends account.
    Then you put 1 item on ur ally char in the neutral AH for 8k gold for example. Then you log on your friends account/ or tell your friend to buy it, just give the gold to him first ofc

Keep in mind you will like like 10-15% of that gold, but it's the only method.

Note: You cannot buy your own actions with a char from the same account, thats why you need two accounts/friend ^^

best bet would be to buy items/mats/potion on horde side, transfer them "free" by Booty bay and sell em back to Stormwind AH that way you wont lose 20% cut from BB AH