Red face fire mage AoE.....is there a proper way?

I am, for example, putting LB on 1 mob(assuming we have a 5 mob + scenario) then casting blastwave since it pretty much always procs a fireblast and i spread my LB from that...should i be manually casting all 3 LB's instead?

also, non Aoe related, i see my critical mass drop to zero sometimes, should that even be happening? i just reapply anyways but just curious

just lvl 82 but i want to get my stuff right now not when im raiding

I believe this would be best suited to the mage forums.

Spread LB on mobs or manual dot them up and enjoy. Now just spame flamewave and flamestrike, use combustion when all the dots up.

Fairly easy and even in 350 gear you could pull op to 17-22k AOE DPS in 5 mans.

There is no reason to manually apply LBs I do the same that you said and works fine... If you are unlucky and dont get impact proc just blink and dragon breathe (I like it ;p ) or just spam flamestrikez ;p

In packs with lots of low HP adds though it's better to just blastwave every CD and spam flamestrike with a LB spread since you can't fireball to get a decent ignite running for a combustion spread... If you are lucky and get it however prepere for a recount explosion ;p

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by herpookybear View Post

also, non Aoe related, i see my critical mass drop to zero sometimes, should that even be happening? i just reapply anyways but just curious
    Maybe there is another fire mage or a warlock(Demo iirc) that is putting the debuff on, therefore overriding your own.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    If its the first pull, I hardcast Pyro as the tank's pulling to get the Pyro dot up, then LB one, then Blastwave, then impact if it proc'd, then combust. If it didn't proc, use flamestrike and dragon's breath to try and get the proc. If it's a chain pull or the middle of a fight, I don't hardcast pyro I just LB>Blast>Impact(Flame,Dragon if no Impact)>Combust.