This was my favorite part in that reddit link though... "They have reached their internal goals for sales so far."

Wooo!

10+ Year Old Account
    If it doesn't come out during August or anytime during the summer, I don't know how I am going to react. This game isn't a subscription based game. They can just make constant updates through the game since its released, and people will come back without having to pay the subscription. And look at wow, that game has sold much crap on their online store that it wouldn't be a surprise gw2 people would buy just as much. I can understand them trying to blow everyone's expectations, but lets face it... the majority of players who played in their first beta all said that despite the fps and login issues, the game was so enjoyable and different to wow that they can see themselves playing it for a long time. Many of us knew well what we were getting ourselves into, unlike wowcrendor or omfgcata, so we know gw2 won't disappoint.

But despite all of this, if they do indeed decide to launch it during school... I am just going to rage!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    If it doesn't come out during August or anytime during the summer, I don't know how I am going to react. This game isn't a subscription based game. They can just make constant updates through the game since its released, and people will come back without having to pay the subscription. And look at wow, that game has sold much crap on their online store that it wouldn't be a surprise gw2 people would buy just as much. I can understand them trying to blow everyone's expectations, but lets face it... the majority of players who played in their first beta all said that despite the fps and login issues, the game was so enjoyable and different to wow that they can see themselves playing it for a long time. Many of us knew well what we were getting ourselves into, unlike wowcrendor or omfgcata, so we know gw2 won't disappoint.

But despite all of this, if they do indeed decide to launch it during school... I am just going to rage!!
    First impressions are absolutely key when it comes to video games. The launch has to be perfect, or else they'll never be able to live it down.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    I don't want them to release it before it's finished. even if they do edit the game in many patches it will turn people off the game (I think SWTOR did this too).
    I hope it comes out in or before august but if that means they'll have to rush it then I'm okay with waiting a little longer.

but I'm scared that even if the game is done they will wait untill the end of summer or close to a holiday release though..

but I'm scared that even if the game is done they will wait untill the end of summer or close to a holiday release though..
    They will. You don't release a major MMO in the summer months. You do it when people are in school & less likely to go on daytrips/vacations, etc.

Fall. Always, in the Fall.

:3

Deleted
    Well they already reached their sales goal so maybe they'll just let it come out when its done instead of going with the most profitable time.

very optimistic thinking because that'll never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    They will. You don't release a major MMO in the summer months. You do it when people are in school & less likely to go on daytrips/vacations, etc.

I don't know, I just don't see them waiting 5 or more months after the pre-purchase date. And for the arguement that the pre-purchase has nothing to do with the state of the game, then I disagree, they wouldn't open pre-purchases until they were at a point in development that warranted it. This is the first time I've ever pre-purchased something, but I believe that since it is a full price purchase, providing the buyer with the product in a timely manner is more important than with a $5 pre-order.

Watch the first 10 seconds. Anet stole Charr from an anime.
    I vote we boycott Anet.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiMwxSujpRk

Deleted
    it has no ears

scam

Quote Originally Posted by delias View Post
    i vote we boycott anet.
    stone himmm!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

*Looks at COD:BO2* They better do it before that game comes out or weeks before the release of this game. It has been a recent trend in years for games that are suppose to come in the fall, move into the 1st quarter due to Call of Duty. The most recent game to do this is Bioshock:Infinite. Now I know what you might say "their target audiences aren't the same.", but there are plenty of gamers who love both FPS and MMORPGs. I think Oct release would be right on and it fits your Fall release and I think MoP will be released in Aug/Sept (they could do July, they have had success releasing a game in that month with SC2). I am think it is a time table between MoP and COD.

Think I posted this in the screenshot thread before, but I'll stick it here too :P

I was having problems with texture resolutions in the BWE no matter what graphics settings I had in-game... I then discovered that my CCC (I have a 4890) mipmap settings were set to lowest. Long story short, changing this up fixed it and, bloody hell, does the game look good!!

Are you shitting me... :-/
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

Deleted
    I didn't feel like making new thread about this, so here it goes.

I recently pre-purchased GW2, but don't really plan on playing beta. However I gave my account info (I made account on GW site using the serial code I was provided) to someone else who might try out beta.

However, he was not able to play last night, probably due some technical issues with his network. But, it does not have to be the case, and I just wanted to check out is there any extra step I didn't take, like registering for beta. Site says bet signups are long over, but I never got beta info/invite on email account (when I made account it said I would get beta notifications via email).

So, what's the story? Is there more required to play beta then pre-purchasing the game, making account and downloading the game?

15+ Year Old Account
    No, there's no more to it. You create an account with the product key you got when you pre-purchased and you're ready to log in to the beta.

Gdi, last night I typed a (lengthy) message regarding release dates and apparently it didn't get posted :'(

Basicly I don't get why you have to release during schooltime. In september/oktober ppl are getting school stuff sorted (dorms, funding, books, classes,...) in november you have all the FPS releases (which some ppl can't play due to finals) and then you have releases in may, which people can't play due to finals again.
    For instance a lot of people I know didn't buy skyrim since they "prefer" COD, so they had to wait an extra month to get skyrim which they then couldn't play due to finals, so by the time they got to play it was february.
    Same for me, from december to february I got to play those games for like 24h.

Also kids don't dominate the game market the average age is like 26 so I don't get why devs are so focused on "but kids play outside during holidays" also lots of kids play outside during the day untill 9-10pm and then they play a video games for a couple of hours.

/rant

Back on topic, Servers were really stable for me I did have a little lag during pvp at some points but 8v8 in battle of khylo played pretty smoothly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thebum06 View Post
    No, there's no more to it. You create an account with the product key you got when you pre-purchased and you're ready to log in to the beta.
    Thanks a lot for the info, I've read all FAQs and didn't find anything about it, so I figured there is nothing more to it, but wanted to check all the same.

About release dates, don't sweat about it since it's all pre-detrimned stuff. Each company has their market research monkeys and goes with numbers, your beef is with researchers I'd personally just go out when it's ready, but I guess for that you need to have the independence( = money).

They're still pushing hard for summer release imo..like, a little over a month. All this talk of September is way off I rekon. I've not read anything from them that insinuates a release date...but I don't think they'll wait so long nor that they need to.

Well I'll say this. It is much more ready for release than The Secret World is, and that game is releasing next month.

Then again, it is Funcom.

Deleted
    I'm kinda wondering about The Secret World too - I did play it over the weekend, but it didn't exactly drag me in. I had the whole weekend free but only bothered with it for around 10 hours max...on Sunday I logged out and haven't given much thought to it since other than "Hmmmm is it subscription...do I want to pay monthly for it...did I fundamentally misunderstand the much hyped skill system".

Back on topic - I do think, maybe I'm off base, but a GW2 stress test seems a little premature if they don't plan on releasing 'til the fall.